Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Magnetic Shift?

Magnetic Shift?

First, review the linked article,...then the C&P below from the "what if the universe end" thread.

The question,....is anyone genuinely interested in waking up?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-s-impending-magnetic-flip/

In the mid-90's, Gregg Braden, a New Age purveyor and accredited geophysist described the Hopi traditions Great Purification as a "shift" that will bring a zeroing-out of the electrodynamic fields on Earth for near 3 days. This temporary voidance of the EMF will bring great fear and panic to the majority of Earths human population, for the EMF is like a glue that holds together most of our beliefs.

Articulating the Hopi prophesy with contemporary themes, Braden likened this Great Purification/Shift to the original computers which did not have internal batteries as our PC's now have. At the Shift, when the EMF zeros-out, will be similar to an older computer "crashing", which meant, it would lose all existing information, and would have to be reprogramed. At the Shift, most people will literally "pass out" due to the exposure of being removed from identification with their beliefs. The one's who remain awake however, their Collective Consciousness, will be the reprogram when the EMF restarts. For those who passed out, when they arise, their past will be erased, and all they will know is what those who remained awake, reprogramed them to know. Under this 2012 paradigm, those who realize and dissolve their belief patterns before 2012, thus being as immune to the shock of zero Electrodynamic field, will be the one's to set the agenda for the next cycle.

The original teachings mentioned in the Hopi Prophesy appear to go much further back, to the time before the Kali Yuga, when the "world turned another way". Those Original Teachings include the Ways of the Feminine,...not the patriarchial feminine of today,...but the authentic feminine, as in Mother Sky. They called it the time of the Blue Star Kachina,...the Birthing of HumanBeingness. (see the discussion "the Other Feminine").

There are stories of ancient temples where Initiates would be shielded from what is called electromagnetic energy; the motion of duality. Reduction in the EM field that surrounds us is said to reduce the EMF around the brain which activates and processes sensory inputs. Perception functions through an energy field. Yet consciousness is not energy. Authentic consciousness is "connected with" when we shutdown brain lobes and senses as experiments with Freethought Meditators have shown. Turning down the EMF of brain lobes uncovers the consciousness that energy has obscured.

Science believes that the EM field around the brain is a byproduct of that brain,...but what if brain function arises from the EM field?

Some temples in Central Asia, Egypt and Mesoamerica, through an awareness of sacred design, are said to have lowered the natural EMF in a particular area within the structure. It is said that the King's Chamber of the Great Giza pyramid, which is not commonly considered a temple, had such a sacred space. One would have to admit that the facts of its architecture is intriguing. First, there is no doubt of the sacred geometric measurements. In addition, there is no evidence that anyone ever occupied the chambers worn down, unremarkable, red granite coffer; which appears too large to have been introduced after construction. That is interesting considering coffins were the most important purchase for a tomb, often ornately decorated, with among other things, false door facades. The 5 chambered anatomy above the King's chamber is also a puzzling, especially for today's object-ive minded sciences. What was the need for such a 51 foot complex above the red granite coffer? Neither the Queens chamber, nor any known tomb appears to have no such construction.

Could the King's chamber of Great Giza pyramid, when it was fully intact, have been a sacred space where Initiates could experience their conscious core by decreasing the EMF? We know today that neuroscientists (Persinger's Helmet) can envelop someone with particular wavelength patterns and have them witness Jesus, Mohammed, or a ghost. But what occurs if we enter a deep relaxation and turn down the wavelength patterns? Would we be free to witness reality through a very thin, marginal EMF filter? Could a sacred space or vehicle liberate us from the accumulated iconography of complex brain activity, and encourage a direct, wave-free experience with non-duality? Collapsing the energy supported wave function and entering a Ki point, guiding our attention towards the motionless Now and the still Light of our Source.

Thanks for the interesting ...

link

I feel much safer now ; " “A thousand years from now we probably won't have power lines.” (Not that I will be around in even a 100 years anyway.)

Thanks for the interesting ...

link

I feel much safer now ; " “A thousand years from now we probably won't have power lines.” (Not that I will be around in even a 100 years anyway.)

Would love to know how you missed the point. A shift is imminent,..maybe tomorrow,...the "thousand years without power lines" is irrelevant.

I just recently read an article about the magnetic shift and it is now thought that it will be happening sooner than originally thought. This is based on data collected by the European Space Agency. They are continuing to collect data.

even a parabola appears to be linear at certain points, looking at the bark of a tree in the vast forest :) but will that tell you where it goes from apparently linear to non linear? hah :D

• Like 2

Would love to know how you missed the point. A shift is imminent,..maybe tomorrow,...the "thousand years without power lines" is irrelevant.

According to the SA article

"scientists predict could begin in less than 2,000 years"

"The flipping takes an average of 5,000 years; it can happen as quickly as 1,000 years"

"The field would need to weaken at its current rate for around 2,000 years before the reversal process actually begins."

"but it is unlikely to spell disaster"

A bit confusing.. "could begin in less than 2,000" but "would need to weaken...for around 2,000 years before" it actually begins.

It's entirely possible I've completely missed the point too, but it seems to me that they don't really know what they're taking about, and that there's nothing to worry about either way.

• Like 2

Joeblast has a very valid point but I am not sure everybody understands what he is talking about.

here: http://www.geomag.bgs.ac.uk/education/reversals.html

How often do reversals occur?
As a matter of geological record, the Earth's magnetic field has undergone numerous reversals of polarity. We can see this in the magnetic patterns found in volcanic rocks, especially those recovered from the ocean floors. In the last 10 million years, there have been, on average, 4 or 5 reversals per million years. At other times in Earth's history, for example during the Cretaceous era, there have been much longer periods when no reversals occurred. Reversals are not predictable and are certainly not periodic in nature. Hence we can only speak about the average reversal interval.

Is the Earth's magnetic field reversing now? How do we know?

Measurements have been made of the Earth's magnetic field more or less continuously since about 1840. Some measurements even go back to the 1500s, for example at Greenwich in London. If we look at the trend in the strength of the magnetic field over this time (for example the so-called 'dipole moment' shown in the graph below) we can see a downward trend. Indeed projecting this forward in time would suggest zero dipole moment in about 1500-1600 years time. This is one reason why some people believe the field may be in the early stages of a reversal. We also know from studies of the magnetisation of minerals in ancient clay pots that the Earth's magnetic field was approximately twice as strong in Roman times as it is now.

dipole_mo.jpg
Dipole Moment from 1900-2000

Even so, the current strength of the magnetic field is not particularly low in terms of the range of values it has had over the last 50,000 years and it is nearly 800,000 years since the last reversal. Also, bearing in mind what we said about 'excursions' above, and knowing what we do about the properties of mathematical models of the magnetic field, it is far from clear we can easily extrapolate to 1500 years hence.

This is standard practice in scientific research. You plot a graph and then look for a trend. And then you say "ah it is a linear trend, IF we extrapolate the line we get the data in the future after 1000, 50000 or whatever number of years.

As I look at the plot I don't see any linear trend by any means. In my book "non-linear" may be polinomial, exponential, logarithmic, sinusoidal or any combination of those and anything in between. And if you throw into the equation the statistics mathematics then it gets really blurry.

:)

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 3

imho needs surrounding events to be in correspondence, e.g. lagged planetary resonance retarding solar dance around system epicenter, lags solar tides - modulation of the 22 year sunspot cycle. coincident long term wane for earth. and then even at that, some other 'external' event seems to be necessary for it to make the swing. but so long as the rest of the things that contribute gyroscopically are sufficient, it aint flippin'

According to the SA article

"scientists predict could begin in less than 2,000 years"

"The flipping takes an average of 5,000 years;

It's entirely possible I've completely missed the point too, but it seems to me that they don't really know what they're taking about, and that there's nothing to worry about either way.

As the last shift was 780,000 years ago,...it could be said that we are 280,000 years over due. Will they (science) know the when before hand,...perhaps not.

What occurs between the shift itself? Is the EMF "off line for awhile? What does "science" know about how the EMF affects sentience?

Neuroscientist Michael Persinger has shown that almost anyone can meet God, just by wearing his special EMF helmet. Since the late 80's Persinger has been using a technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation to induce all sorts of surreal experiences in ordinary people (New Scientist, 19 November 1994, p 29).

Michael Persinger (and others) have shown through their EMF research that “religion and its mystical experiences are a creation of the brain, and only the brain, thus having little to do with what is out there.” The recognition of divinity arising from the brain is not new. Look at Michelangelo’s so-called “Creation of Adam,” a scene from the Sistine Chapel usually shown in the narrow context of two fingers extending from God the Father in a pink tunic. However, there is something more profound about the full scene, something beyond the religionist focus on a reduced scene that only shows two fingers almost touching, which is a false-light perception technique that religionists often use while proselytizing.

Michelangelo is known to have had extensive knowledge of the human anatomy, and in fact had drawn many dissections of the human body. When one sees the fresco of the Sistine Chapel in its entirety, the perspective is much different. Adam’s God is lying inside a dissected human brain, the mid-sagittal. Michelangelo isn’t showing a god creating Adam, but a brain-conceived god interacting with Adam.

So now,....back to the top post,...what occurs if the EMF is lowered? Instead of Persinger altering the field, and having you "see" things,...what if the EMF is removed? Did the Hopi understand?

The thing is you can't see the elecrons flow in a dissection, the same way you can't see them flow in an electron microscope.

So the whole thing that happens in the brain is actually the electrons flow.

And the two fingers barely touching is just that, the gap between what you can see and can't see.

It's the gap between two neurons which never touch but there is sufficiently enough electric voltage so that those bastards electrons to jump from one side to the other.

And I would put the question backwards: "What if the EMF is increased" ?

By that I mean the magnetic shield of the earth is decreasing but the sun radiation is increasing.

Which means more high energy photons and other charged particles from sun reach the surface of the earth, and enters your and my brain.

Which means more electrons absorb the photons and become more excited and create more synapses that jump.

Which ultimately means more people have visions and insomnia and psychosis and kundalini syndroms and what not.

Or is just the full moon effect?

Or are all the effects at once?

• Like 2

Which ultimately means more people have visions and insomnia and psychosis and kundalini syndroms and what not.

That is a question. Is the EMF like a container for delusion? IMO, Persinger's research indicates yes.

Interpretations of the Hopi Prophesy, as in the top post, suggest that when the EMF is low, the beliefs that people thought to be meaningful, are seen as meaningless,...so much so,....that most will collapse into a coma out of fear and shock.

How many members of TTB would collapse if their beliefs,...everything they clung to for their identity,...were quickly pulled from under them? Could this Hopi Day of Purification have some factual basis?

• Like 1

I didnt miss 'the' point , I just followed the finger pointing in the article you linked to. Like in post # 6.

If the emf helmet increases and causes 'surreal experience' (the surfacing of the unconscious desires and needs in symbols ? ) , it is tempting to see a 'stability' in the reduction of it. A more conscious operating of the individual and a submergence of 'soul'. That can cause problems .... perhaps we are already experiencing some effects ?

Perhaps even more false ideas and perceptions arise to secure the 'illusion of self' ? Perhaps we move more away from what the indigenous saw as non-self and connection with environment and things happen like 'law' (protection of environment and tribe) is replaced with concepts like ' economic rationalism' ?

I am speculating and assuming opposite effects of tests. I dont know what happens in an EMF free environment ... wouldn't the helmet have to shield that so one could test it ? Maybe I am still missing the point ?

I do know however that here, the indigenous use the magnetic field and sense it by virtue of its fluctuations and areas of different intensities. If any thing messes that up, its all the extra emf stuff our modern technology contributes .

Especially whatever it is they are doing 'up there'.

gravity-waves-australia.jpg?w=480&h=360

In terms of the Earth's magnetic field itself, I'm not concerned. There's no point in worrying about when it will happen. It will happen, and when it does there's nothing we can do to stop it. Until that time, all we can do is scare ourselves with possible scenarios of what might go down.

If you really believe in spirituality and oneness, then it doesn't matter if it happens to you now in this body or 1000 years when you, or part of you, is in another vessel.

On the other hand, some of the side effects may already be showing, and those psychological issues should be addressed and spread, so that others have a chance of keeping it together. I've noticed it in myself and others around me, strong depressive thoughts...which, thanks to better understanding I'm able to push through with. However, some of my friends have not been able to. Recently, some of you may have read about my young buddy that took his own life...just today I actually asked another friend if they were considering suicide, and it turns out I brought attention to it just in time. Elsewhere, back in the UK a friend is suddenly going through his first awakening moments...which as many of us will know is an exciting time, but is wrought with misinformation and can quickly lead to a 'burnt out' phase after stumbling at the start.

I doubt we'll have to wait long for the flip to make its move, and it will come suddenly at the end. Those who are more in tune with their minds should start looking out for those near to you who may be more susceptible to negative thoughts. You won't be sorry - even if the flip never comes.

• Like 1

“A thousand years from now we probably won't have power lines,” he says." -- Glatzmaier

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” -- Albert Einstein

• Like 1

In terms of the Earth's magnetic field itself, I'm not concerned. There's no point in worrying about when it will happen. It will happen, and when it does there's nothing we can do to stop it. Until that time, all we can do is scare ourselves with possible scenarios of what might go down.

If you really believe in spirituality and oneness, then it doesn't matter if it happens to you now in this body or 1000 years when you, or part of you, is in another vessel.

Thus,...for you, a discussion of an imminent EMF shift, and the possibility of two scenarios,...1) collapse into a coma when all you thought was meaningful is meaningless, or 2. let go of beliefs beforehand, so that there is collapsing into a coma,...does not trigger an urge to wake up.

This is quite OK,...so is the thinking about, "oh well, I'll just be born again,"...confident that such a belief is true.

If one was entertaining the Hopi Day of Purification,...then about +98% will collapse into a coma,....while -2% will remain conscious.

In today's consciousness, it is likely that .-04% would be capable of remaining conscious during a shift that lowered the EMF. While the rest chant, as it has been said, "the meek will inherent the Earth; so they turn and pretend." Pretend that salvation is a built-in given for everyone.

Thus,...the Day of Purification, or EMF Shift, are unlikely motivators for truth realization,...likely because the threat is no "real" enough,...or perhaps because it was not on TV,...or FB.

As a Taoist,...I do not believe in a "one." One is a concept that arises from the illusion of a Many. To have a Here, there must be a There,...to have a Center, there must be a Boundary. As for Spirituality,...it is not some I believe, but observe,...the illusory in-breath and out-breath of all phenomena.

Well first of all, when I say "you", I was generalizing...it wasn't aimed at you personally.

In response:

It's not that I don't want to wake up, it's that there is nothing to wake up to. What will 'the awakened' do, besides from be psychologically prepared for a possible emotional storm? It's not like we can stop it from flipping...this is something the Earth needs to do, and I'm ok with that...as a guest living on the surface, I'll just try to roll with the punches as best I can.

It's not so much "oh well, I'll live again"...I'm saying that we shouldn't feel safe just because its unlikely to happen in our lifetime, as well as not needing to worry if it happens today. There's a difference between ignorance and acceptance.

To be honest with you, I'd personally enjoy the drama of living through a magnetic field flip - just to experience it. The computers and digital civilization we've built are great - but I'll be ok without it all...as will the planet.

So the only thing that would concern me is the suffering of other life that struggles to cope. I'd prefer to help increase those percentages (wherever they came from) if there's a chance, and not just for us humans.

One that has function is always made up of the many. Neither are illusion - they are essential to each other and probably the one thing we all observe everywhere in the universe.

As for the contrasting aspects of things which define each other...while I don't know why you've brought that up, I agree. Here and There, a part/point of one whole. If you're hinting that there is no whole and only Here and There...try telling that to you body, it's made up of many Here and There's...take away a few of those and 'you' wouldn't be Here or There to reply.

Well first of all, when I say "you", I was generalizing...it wasn't aimed at you personally.

In response:

It's not that I don't want to wake up, it's that there is nothing to wake up to. What will 'the awakened' do, besides from be psychologically prepared for a possible emotional storm? It's not like we can stop it from flipping...this is something the Earth needs to do, and I'm ok with that...as a guest living on the surface, I'll just try to roll with the punches as best I can.

It's not so much "oh well, I'll live again"...I'm saying that we shouldn't feel safe just because its unlikely to happen in our lifetime, as well as not needing to worry if it happens today. There's a difference between ignorance and acceptance.

To be honest with you, I'd personally enjoy the drama of living through a magnetic field flip - just to experience it. The computers and digital civilization we've built are great - but I'll be ok without it all...as will the planet.

So the only thing that would concern me is the suffering of other life that struggles to cope. I'd prefer to help increase those percentages (wherever they came from) if there's a chance, and not just for us humans.

One that has function is always made up of the many. Neither are illusion - they are essential to each other and probably the one thing we all observe everywhere in the universe.

As for the contrasting aspects of things which define each other...while I don't know why you've brought that up, I agree. Here and There, a part/point of one whole. If you're hinting that there is no whole and only Here and There...try telling that to you body, it's made up of many Here and There's...take away a few of those and 'you' wouldn't be Here or There to reply.

Yes,....impersonal responses are preferable.

Until you wake up, from what both Lao Tzu and Sakyamuni suggested to be an attachment sentience,...how do you know/gnow there's nothing to wake up to?

If you would enjoy the drama of experiencing an EMF shift,...which may be improbable if you're not awake,...at what level of attention would be necessary to uncover truth realization?

As for "the whole,"...what if the whole was beyond the sum of opposites? In other words, beyond everything that accumulated knowledge believes. I used to put it like this,....Visualize a keyhole for a moment, one of those slotted holes that can be peeped through, as in old Colonial and Victorian houses. Now, describe that hole. Some may say that it has the shape of a circle with a rectangle whose width is smaller than the diameter of the circle aligned on the bottom; others could respond that the hole is surrounded by a brass plate that is attached to the door, which is connected to the wall, etc. Perhaps the hole could be looked through, so one could remark about what is seen on the other side. However, none of that actually describes the hole; all of the preceding descriptions are narratives about what is around or can be seen through the hole. Nevertheless, that is how most persons, especially Westerners and scientists, perceive their own wholeness: by what is around it.

Let's consider the word "around." Someone who is awake will understand that the World they perceive does not surround them, but surrounded them.

Yeah..I've recently been of the mind that, if the world is going to end at some point, I'd quite like to be here when it does, just to see how it all goes down.

I know that's not exactly what you're talking about, but along those lines. If something big and bad happens...I'd be curious..

this is something the Earth needs to do, and I'm ok with that...as a guest living on the surface, I'll just try to roll with the punches as best I can.

However, I don't know about this.. If it happens to the planet, it happens to me. Not because I reside here, as a guest, but because I'm a part of the planet.. just as much as the iron core, the ocean, or the ozone layer...

The thing is you can't see the elecrons flow in a dissection, the same way you can't see them flow in an electron microscope.

So the whole thing that happens in the brain is actually the electrons flow.

And the two fingers barely touching is just that, the gap between what you can see and can't see.

It's the gap between two neurons which never touch but there is sufficiently enough electric voltage so that those bastards electrons to jump from one side to the other.

And I would put the question backwards: "What if the EMF is increased" ?

By that I mean the magnetic shield of the earth is decreasing but the sun radiation is increasing.

Which means more high energy photons and other charged particles from sun reach the surface of the earth, and enters your and my brain.

Which means more electrons absorb the photons and become more excited and create more synapses that jump.

Not only sun radiation, but radiation from outer space. And nothing to shield us from that.

• Like 1

I'm constantly derailing threads here... :ph34r:

So, ok....because it's your thread and you've poised the question

First, let's start with a few more questions. Why do you assume that I am not awake, just because my opinion/reaction differs to yours? Are you awake?

I'm not saying that I'm about to ascend...and I'm not looking to any time soon, however, I do feel I have a decent understanding and some experience to support my confidence.

To me the world is something to be marvelled at, and something that I would sacrifice myself to save. This organism that we live on has to stretch her legs once in a while. I'm here riding on her ass, and she's doing a dandy job of keeping my ass alive...sometimes there might be a conflict of interests...and you get the picture.

Even if I did have a nervous breakdown or go into a coma, it doesn't matter... if there was nothing I could do to stop it. That's the way the cookie crumbles! (name that movie)... Obviously, if we're talk meteor impact, then yes I'd have a slightly different attitude. It's an outside threat and possibly, with any luck, me and my buddies down here can stop it. Then there'd be suspense and fear...and hope.

Now,'the 'whole' agenda. If you tell someone to envision a keyhole, you must have some idea of what your looking for. Here you gave very specific requirements, "one of those slotted holes that can be peeped through, as in old Colonial and Victorian houses". Then, you change your mind and ask for a completely different kind of keyhole. If you ask me to imagine anything, all I can do is try my best to guess what thing it is you first have in mind.

But anyway, to answer your question: all of those descriptions define the hole.

Edited by Silent Answers

Not only sun radiation, but radiation from outer space. And nothing to shield us from that.

Thats more the point !

earths_magnetic_field.jpg

• Like 2

This is what happens when there is a solar flare.

By the way did you know the infamous solar flare that was supposed to burn everything on planet Earth really happened? In July 2012! Just we were so lucky that the flare was in a different direction than Earth position at the time.

sunwinds.jpg

• Like 1

I'm constantly derailing threads here... :ph34r:

So, ok....because it's your thread and you've poised the question

First, let's start with a few more questions. Why do you assume that I am not awake, just because my opinion/reaction differs to yours? Are you awake?

But anyway, to answer your question: all of those descriptions define the hole.

Impersonal suggests that the question is about waking up,...not who is awake. However, is one is awake, this cannot contradict with another who is awake. "Contradictions in perspective among those Seeing the profound do not occur" Taranatha

Or as Galileo Galilei said, "Two truths cannot contradict one another."

Of course, there are two kinds of truths,....relative and absolute. In the context of waking up or truth realization, we must address absolute truth. For example,...the absolute truth is that there is no present in time. Thus, anything that contradicts that statement is not true.

New Agers often believe that there is a now, instant, or present in time,....that they are somehow part of the delusory fabric of time. That would be called asleep.

Yes,....the World could be said to be a marvel,...from both a relative and absolute point of view. However, to the absolute, the World is not part of the Whole, but a perception arising from an imagined separation of the Whole,...a recorded idea on a 9 dimensional holographic screen (see Walter Russell's New Concept of the Universe) kept in apparent motion, not by the fulcrum. but by an illusory lever,...as a playground see-saw.

Yeah..I've recently been of the mind that, if the world is going to end at some point, I'd quite like to be here when it does, just to see how it all goes down.

I know that's not exactly what you're talking about, but along those lines. If something big and bad happens...I'd be curious..

However, I don't know about this.. If it happens to the planet, it happens to me. Not because I reside here, as a guest, but because I'm a part of the planet.. just as much as the iron core, the ocean, or the ozone layer...

How do you know that you are part of this Planet? Certainly, the you that you think you are, is part of this Planet,...but are you really the you that you think you are?

Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."

One could accurately say that ego and the 5 Skandhas are "as much as the iron core, the ocean, or the ozone layer,"....but what about the you that you are?

Without waking up,...it's just a guess,...but a guess does not guarantee one will be around for a "climatic event" like the Hopi day mentioned in Post #1....a guess will only have a front row seat for the coma.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this