Sign in to follow this  
cloud recluse

Sailor Bob ?

I like the title of one of his books,

"What's Wrong With Right Now? Unless You Think About It."

I just started reading this. It's good. No practice beyond investigating the truth, but his definitions and frames of reference take away a lot of one's hiding places.

I just started reading this. It's good. No practice beyond investigating the truth, but his definitions and frames of reference take away a lot of one's hiding places.

Yes Ian, that's a good way of puting it - taking away hiding places. When i went to Bob's, listening to him and being open, following the 'pointers' like a zen master of sorts........i was stripped bare.

Some people were like.."but if i do that completely, 'i'll ceses to exist, how will i be able to function without all my past references of identity, what will be left?"........

Bob's response was something along the lines of: - when you investigate, drop those atattchments to identity remain mindful and look into where your 'I' comes from, you will not cease to exist and you will still function in the world. The functioning won't be from conditioning, but from the pure untainted intelligence.

That intelligence, prior to conditions, thought, judgements, opinions, identity was always there, we just obscured it.

It's an experience to feel that you are stripped bare, but really, when aware at the same time, it seems pretty close to freedom. :D

Edited by mat black

Yes Ian, that's a good way of puting it - taking away hiding places. When i went to Bob's, listening to him and being open, following the 'pointers' like a zen master of sorts........i was stripped bare.

Some people were like.."but if i do that completely, 'i'll ceses to exist, how will i be able to function without all my past references of identity, what will be left?"........

Bob's response was something along the lines of: - when you investigate, drop those atattchments to identity remain mindful and look into where your 'I' comes from, you will not cease to exist and you will still function in the world. The functioning won't be from conditioning, but from the pure untainted intelligence.

That intelligence, prior to conditions, thought, judgements, opinions, identity was always there, we just obscured it.

It's an experience to feel that you are stripped bare, but really, when aware at the same time, it seems pretty close to freedom. :D

Yup!

What I really like is the way he points out that it's already happening and that basically you don't exist, you just thnk you do!

BTW, where in Oz does he live? I've got a couple of friends down there I might point his way...

Yup!

What I really like is the way he points out that it's already happening and that basically you don't exist, you just thnk you do!

BTW, where in Oz does he live? I've got a couple of friends down there I might point his way...

He's east of Melbourne in Deepdene (between Kew and Balwyn) on Burke road.

:rolleyes: i heard about sailor bob holding meetings at his home:

Meetings with Bob are held three times each week at:

4 / 950 Burke Road - Deepdene - Melbourne - Australia.

(Melways page 45-K7) Corner of Whitehorse and Burke roads.

Times: Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7.30pm to 9pm

and

Sunday morning 10am - 11.30am.

and thought what sort of weirdo.....5 yrs later i ended up there thru the now-for-you forum and couldnt stay away from the love able ol fella. He is totally wild. never have i returned to a place like a bee to the honey. Years i found my self heading there and then one day it stopped as curiously as it started. No more suffering. Underlying peace and a sense of well being.. All effortless living as this bloke points out. so i did a few utubes on his meetings.. dont go by them tho as they are just utubes. Its like anything, some may resonate and some not.. all i know is he is 79 in body years and see him while you can. not many westerners get this opportunity so saddle up. Bob met nissagardatta years ago and that shift has seemed to be shown in full view. Its the essence of 'Bpb' that hit home here and forever greatful for reminding me of that I am. :rolleyes:

Any locals at all experienced with Sailor Bob Adamson ? anyone actually checked out the guy in person? Any feedback ?

cloud if you are still in australia, go so the living buddhi sailor bob = life

Any locals at all experienced with Sailor Bob Adamson ? anyone actually checked out the guy in person? Any feedback ?

cloud if you are still in australia, go so the living buddhi sailor bob = life

I been planning to drop in soon...

Cloud, Mat or any Melbourne Bums want to organise a get together Some time? I would love to meet up with other Practitioners...

I been planning to drop in soon...

Cloud, Mat or any Melbourne Bums want to organise a get together Some time? I would love to meet up with other Practitioners...

Movement to Bobs house is where you may find (or lose) yourself, its a short cut or direct to the Source.

For those in QLD Aust, to spread around that Bob is still kindly offering meetings in Melbourne- there is a meetup started around the globe:

http://www.meetup.com/naturalbeing

or Hong Kong:

http://www.meetup.com/Being-knowing-seeing/

Sign in to follow this