Daeluin

Men's Cultivation Forum

Any interest in having a "Men's Cultivation" sub-forum?

A place to dump the majority of sexual topics of a masculine nature that keep popping up? Might help the general forums become a bit more gender neutral... and possibly more mature feeling (at a cursory glance at the topic titles in any case).

Reference:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/36402-the-living-hell-of-the-man-who-orgasms-100-times-a-day/

Might also help those new posters find threads to contribute to rather than starting new threads. Searching just doesn't seem trendy enough for some, but if it is right there in their face...

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2

in extreme support of, would do literally every scrap of work for by myself (for the second time)

as long as its hidden from google searches and teenagers aren't learning dumb shit from the site and hurting themselves

clearly you unearthed my true intentions that made me post that thread. How you didn't catch that it was meant to make someone like you start -this- thread is beyond me

• Like 1

As many come here to post about this stuff and are clearly looking for answers, I don't think it would need to be a private subforum. The ones who are serious enough to put something into practice are going to find their way here anyway.

I'm mainly curious to see what the general forums would be like without a predominant theme of sexuality. And it is entirely possible more women would take interest in posting here if they didn't see the general chat dominated by sexual titles and get the wrong impression. Who really knows?

And it is entirely possible more women would take interest in posting here if they didn't see the general chat dominated by sexual titles and get the wrong impression. Who really knows?

Hmnnn, I was thinking no, but this is an interesting point. It might be worth an experiment.

I agree, in that I sometimes get sick of all the "semen" topics splattered (sorry) all over the general forum. Sometimes it seems like you can't step anywhere on this forum without stepping in semen...

So maybe a "sexual" practices section, rather than "men's".

• Like 3

I agree, in that I sometimes get sick of all the "semen" topics splattered (sorry) all over the general forum.

Seems to me like a good idea to create a men's forum. Women don't have to deal with all of the semen retention ideas in their cultivation, so why should they be subjected to its discussion? It can make the site seem weird for those who don't know that Daoism has a history of this. Also, there are other subjects men could probably discuss amongst themselves which don't pertain to women...for instance, some members discuss PUA ideas here, or just ideas in general about how to develop relationships with women (not just pick them up)...or how to be better men, which can be a slightly different discussion from how to be a better human being, depending on who you are.

• Like 1

I suppose then there will be subforums for each category. When will it end? :blink:

not until every sub-forum has its own set of sub-forums

• Like 4

I know this came up previously and I basically said 'no' at that time. I let it linger for today but came up with the same feeling and even stronger on some level.

As the board is 99% male posting, the entire board tends to be about male cultivation issues. And we have areas for Taoist vs Buddhist, etc.

And I can't see creating a space to house all the semen problems people want to come ask about. If they are having a problem, it is already too late for such a forum as this. And if they came asking about advise, it is: "Go get a teacher".

IMO, I don't think TTB should create an attraction to such a topic and dedicate an area to it.

There is a Healing Circle which could serve as an area for 'issues' as well.

I'm going to lock this as the final decision for now.

• Like 7