Arnaud

Serge Augier - Shen Gong and Nei Dan in Da Xuan

Dear All,

I am pleased to let you know that Singing Dragon is going to publish Serge Augier's first book in English!

Shen Gong and Nei Dan in Da Xuan

A Manual for Working with Mind, Emotion, and Internal Energy

Serge Augier. With translations by Isis Augier.

Weaving a masterful presentation of both astonishing depth and refreshing simplicity, Serge Augier covers the Daoist practices for developing mind, emotions and internal energy and provides specific exercises for cultivating and transforming the Jing (body energy), Qi (life force) and Shen (mind or spirit) on the path to enlightenment. He explains theory and practice in clear, easy-to-understand terms and explores the deeper reaches of Daoist internal alchemy in a way that gives access to practitioners of all levels to the necessary knowledge.

You can have a look at the table of content and pre-order the book here:

http://www.singingdragon.com/catalogue/9781848192607

As one of Serge's student I strongly recommend this book. Serge's teachings are very clear and offers a lot. It is by far the most precise information you can find in the West on Shen Gong and Nei Dan!

• Like 5

Interesting! I look forward to this release and hearing reviews of the book...or possibly purchasing it prior to reading reviews.

• Like 1

I will be teaching a short class introducing the Daoist Meditation And Inner Alchemy in Da Xuan

We will work on Shen Gong and Nei Dan practice from Serge Augier’s Daoist tradition of Da Xuan.

Saturday 28th February
11.30am-1.30pm

The Well Garden, Hackney Downs Studios, 
Amhurst Terrace, E8 2BT

Email: [email protected] to reserve a place or contact me through https://www.facebook.com/pages/Da-Xuan-School-London/297303790419449

Edited by kingmonkey
  • Like 1

Anyone got this yet ?

just ordered it , got it a lot cheaper from amazon.

Edited by Bruce Qi

Hello,

Yes got it!

The book is actually a manual which gives precise information on meditation and breathing. It is very clear and you'll find loads of exercises throughout the different sections of the book.

It is actually quite a rare book as it clearly describes techniques from Clanic Taoism. Invaluable knowledge if you train!

• Like 2

Downloading the Kindle version now. Foreword by Yang Jwing-Ming, interersting.

Interesting little tidbit right at the start:

"In training of the mind (Sheb Gong) you are training something which doesn't exist. If you feel it, it has become materialized in the body - as emotion, for instance - and it is no longer the training of the mind."

Very succint, I like it :-)

Edit: SHEN Gong

• Like 1

This comment made me scroll up to see if I was in the Daoist or Buddhist forum. Neither... :)

haha, well, I take it to mean "deosn't exist physically" (hence, you shouldn't feel it physically).

Thank you I ordered the book.

I am interested to know more about Serges Daoist lineag Ba Men Da Xuan because I didnt hear for it before.

On his website he mention that he is initiated in few lineages:

1.Kunlun school?Is this modern version of it from Taiwan or related to Spirit writing cult or general reference to Kunlun Shan as origin of Daoism?

2.Ling Bao Pai

3.Longmen Pai

4.Guikan Pai.I never hear for this school and like to learn more about its history?

He mention that he recive Tianshi title in all this lines.I dont understand how,because Tianshi is separate school Tian Shi Pai which belong to Zheng Yi and it is not title.Ling Bao Pai belong now to Zheng Yi,but Longmen is separate and part of Quanzhen.

I remember he have nice forum where he write how looks his Nei Dan which was to me suprise because he you some terminology which is unique and not present in Nei Dan as we know.

Along with his Nei Dan lineage I am interested to learn about his Wai Dan because he say that he inherit lineage of Immortal Master Ge Hong.Is this maybe reference to Ling Bao Pai?

Ormus