Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Why we sit in silence in meditation and why it is the only practice needed to be done to attain God / Tao.

Why we sit in total Silence in Meditation:

Know that there is only this moment. Linear time is created through our mind ontop of this very moment beneath it all.

Tao / God is attained only in this present moment.

Our mind and thoughts can not operate in this very moment. They operate into the past and the future.

We sit in this only existing moment to differenciate between the us arriving thoughts and the much clearer and significant knowing that arises from within our being.

This happens when we disidentify with thoughts, not any longer judging them as good or bad and through such means falsly, unconsciously interpreting them as personal. Rather letting them withdraw from where they came from. Until finally the source of our thoughts and cause of all of our misinterpretations, dissolves with it.

This knowing that only then has once again a chance to come forth from our deepest core, is Absolute Truth.

Through this action we realize our True Nature and our infinite potential, originating from this eternal present moment, here and now.

If you still have a voice inside your headspace, react to thoughts, create from this behaviour your daily life, you will not attain God / Tao.

You can ask your Self the most important question to realize your Self as God Consciousness "Who am I" from the point of your mind an infinite amount of time. For you know what looping thoughts are and that the mind is infinite. The heart is finite and we will explain why.

The mental layer in which thoughts exist, dear Ones, is one of the outmost layers of your existance. Like the tip of the iceberg. Yet you use these thoughts consistantly and automatically prevent yourself from going deeper within.

Yes you can use mantras or affirmations to focus your mind but all of them keep you still in the space of the mind. They have to be dropped at one point.

Thoughts must be dropped if you want to go within.

Note that holding back the breath also stills thoughts, but thoughts will arise again once the inbreath is done. So yet again, this is surely a helpful but incomplete technique.

Train yourself, effortlessly, every waking day to be present in this one moment and through continuous actions you will attain God / Tao. Simply because without thinking, you no longer root your Primordial Energies into your mental body only, rather giving them once again a chance to penetrate all of your entire being, that is So much more.

Through this action you automatically re-gain more consciousness. And the Heart is seat of consciousness. You will feel this.

You trace back where thoughts originate from and ask your Self the simple question "Who am I" that thinks here? Concern yourself who the Thinker is and go beyond. The energy of thought can be felt in meditation and all lead into the heart.

You will realize that all starts and ends in your heart. In your Spiritual Heart, for it is God / Tao. This state then re-gained, all of your being flooded with this presence, is all there is and every will be. Changeless.

This is the so called immortality, in Taoism.

Our Spiritual Hearts are the only 'organ' that operate outside of the limitations of time. You can see your lower chakras as the past, earthbound and your upper chakras as the future, space. In midst of all of these is your Heart. This heart is Creation. It is you.

All of this will present itself to you as an experience, not as a concept, for it is creation of all concepts and therefor can not be put in a concept.

So know this, that God / Tao is not reached in some distant plain, through astral travel, some mysterious practices or by following the mental concept of semen retention. No, God / Tao is reached through the most simple practice of meditation and ankering one Self in this very moment.

To have not enough energy and to go and follow concepts that 'increase' energy is putting once again an illusion ontop of the most important realization that there is. You are Tao, you are God and you are the source of infinite energy. Re-discover it.

God / Tao is only in this present moment. The one moment that there every will be free from change.

All the best.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 3

Silence is only one half of the equation. The nature of the God/Tao is ultimately creative. That means the formless is constantly taking form, and form is constantly returning to formlessness. Without activity, there is no flow, no life. A tree cannot exist solely as a tangle of roots--- it needs the outward and upward expansion of its trunk, branches, and leaves.

• Like 4

Note to self: people who don't understand tao, pile it up together with god

Edited by Protector

Note to self: people who don't understand tao, pile it up together with god

or perhaps people who do understand Dao also understand that some other people equate it with God, and so write their words to be all-inclusive?

anyway, I often suggest ppl simply meditate on their own body, because the body always exists in the here and now and nowhere or when else.

• Like 1

or perhaps people who do understand Dao also understand that some other people equate it with God

These people would just push forth the wrong misconception about what tao is and, long story short, give it a name

These people would just push forth the wrong misconception about what tao is and, long story short, give it a name

I have a warmer place for tao because it disproves the existence of god and comparing them like that is baaaaaaaaad

I dont think it disproves the existence of God per se; maybe the correction of certain inadequate attitudes sounds more amicable. After all, one of the Way's main objectives is to reconcile fragmented thinking. Prior to complete reconciliation, it seems any effort to understand either the existence or non-existence of God would simply end up vanishing among the brambles of the unconscious mind, unresolved, waiting to resurface when the next delusional, god-related thought seed germinates.

• Like 1

With all the upgrades tao gives to god, the mechanics cannot work inside our universe but it works inside the nonexistent spiritual thingamagiginy. We are cut away from god in the same way we are cut away from the world of Harry Potter

I have a warmer place for tao because it disproves the existence of god and comparing them like that is baaaaaaaaad

Sorry to derail the thread further... and I'm sure you've heard this one before...

Your need to despise the concept of God is an area of yourself that you might want to tackle. Not because believing in God is right, but because despising the idea is just the other extreme. You're still only punishing yourself that way.

**I really mean this as advice to benefit you (you don't need to listen) - I'm not just trying to disagree and start a debate.

Edited by Silent Answers

a religion, sounds good, I'm sick of paying for the beast also. I'll open up my own church :lol:

I dont see how tao even differs from god, except that certain people tried to impart human characteristics upon one.

White snow symbolizes the energy of primordial unity; this is like the metaphor of white light arising in an empty room. -- Liu Yiming (18th c. Taoist master) Commentary on Understanding Reality

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this