IanB

Chat Room

Chat Room

I have been away for a bit are their times organised to meet up and talk?

IanB

I have been away for a bit are their times organised to meet up and talk?

2300[/snapback]

Great to see you back IanB. The "Live Chat" is really new so I don't think anyone has really used it a whole lot yet. I tried to set up a meeting for today at noon but I got trashed last night and slept past then. :blink:

I work a later shift during weekdays from 2pm to 11pm Pacific Standard Time. And we are all over the world so I think it'd be best if we could agree on a weekend time that works for everyone. Sunday apparently late afternoon works best for me. :lol:

Sean.

Lets get some noise going in the chat room.

I'm in Chicago on Central Time.

What say we try to get people to hook up at 9:30 Central time every day? We can see how and which days that works for people.

Other thoughts? Does that seem too early or late?

I'll be on today at 9:30 Central time, 10:30 for Easterners, 7:30? for Westerners, 3:30 for Japan :)

Peace

Michael

i'm in china and my schedule changes werekly but i'll start paying more attention to live chat

2347[/snapback]

One thing I'm planning on doing soon is installing l a "shout box" so people can invite other members into the chat room. That way it doesn't always have to be planned, you can just notice someone else is online and yell at them that you want to chat.

Aargh, I was here all alone at 9:30 for the chat room. Where was everyone else?

Peas

Michael

I fell asleep early--didn't make it!  We'll get it figured out!

2373[/snapback]

MAN YA GOD DRUNK AGGAIN HUH???

WE GOTTA GET TOGETHER WITH THELERNED *BEFFORE* GETTIN DRUNK, WE CAN GET FDRUNK WHILE WE EXCHANGE INSULTS N PR0N PIX N CHEMTRAIL PICS INSTEAD!!!

RJ

installing a "shout box" so people can invite other members into the chat room. That way it doesn't always have to be planned,

Perfect!

Great Sean!

I was in there the other day and was surfing and missed Cameron :( I didn't hear a sound when he came in, is that a possibility or is it in place already and mine wasn't turned up :) ?

Anyway, great job with the site!!!! Thanks!

Matt

People try to get online to chat at 9:30 central time or come up w/ a better time period.

Also keep your eye on your New Messages(top right). If you see other people are online, Private Message them and go to Chat. When you're on Chat stay on for a few minutes so you don't end up being Chatters passing in the nite.

Peas

Michael

You are all worthless and weak. This is day 3 where I have patiently waited. Typing nonsense to myself and no one was on the Live Chat.

When I entered at 9:30 central time, ah Matthew Qi was there. I could even see a Private message from him asking me to chat. But I typed and tried to private message him back. No use. He didn't respond. Another 25 minutes spent mulling around watching the blank screen.

I assume Matthew couldn't see my typing. Does Live Chat work. Do I care anymore. The answer to these and other questions will be asked in the future.

Peas

Michael

Michael,

I wasn't able to "see" you there. Hmm. I keeped checking it every 5-10 minutes or so to see if you had come in...

Frustrated as well...

Matt

Wait, so both of you were in the chat but couldn't see each other? Hmmm... Lezlie and I have gotten it to work ok, and also Lezlie and Ron have chatted in there (about God knows what :rolleyes: ).

Let's chat this Sunday! How about Sunday, 1PM PST? Which is 9pm in London, 7AM in Sydney and 5AM in Bejing.

Sunday evening not good for me, but I'll try to keep an eye on whats going on and join in if I can.

Sean,

Could have been that I didn't catch him there while I was there. It comes to what I mentioned about somehow being notified through sound (is that possible?) so folks can do other things while waiting for others to join.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate your work with this site. Thank you!

Matt

Excellent I got to talk today at 9:35 to the mellow and advanced MattthewQi. Its nice to chat live.

It would be even better to have more of you lugs on board. I don't know if I;ll be able to make this Sundays 1:00 Pacific meeting. Probably not, I think 1 pacific is 11 a.m when my wife and I work out.

One helpful hint. Be willing to type, 'go on I'll listen for a while'. This gives people the chance to communicate ideas beyond one liners. I highly recommend using it in any electronic conversation.

Peace

Michael

Your welcome MatthewQi, it is truly my pleasure!

... I don't know if I;ll be able to make this Sundays 1:00 Pacific meeting.  Probably not, I think 1 pacific is 11 a.m when my wife and I work out. 

I believe 1PM PST is 3PM in Chicago.

i wont make it at 5 a.m. my time.  i'll drop in another night.  thanks for posting the schedule.

:( ... What time on Sunday works for you?

Well I never! Couldn't contain myself and just had to write this after coming out of the chatroom.

Having never used a chat room before it was all very confusing and unless you're a fast typer it can be difficult to keep up - there was some really good conversations going which unfortunately got missed or cut short :(. Well I suppose it's probably not the right medium for really in depth snappy exchanges, that and the time difference between Europe and the US - we're all on different stages of the daily energy cycle and doing different things etc.

Anway it was a real pleasure chatting to a lovely bunch of people. :)

rex

it just logged me out cuz i opened another window. said i logged in on another machine. couldnt see any of the chat anyway.

well i typed a few msgs but no one ever answred. i noticed lezlie and sean's names were blue but mione was red. what's taht mean? they were in a private chat having chat sex?

Chat was real fun. When's the next planned chat going to be? I had to leave early, as Sunday night is not too good for me, but really enjoyed the time I could spend. Thanks all.

well i typed a few msgs but no one ever answred.  i noticed lezlie and sean's names were blue but mione was red.  what's taht mean?  they were in a private chat having chat sex?

I think each user sees their name in red, and everyone elses in blue. Not sure why you couldn't see messages, as it seemed to work well for everyone else. As its all done by a Java plugin, are you sure your Java installation is uptodate?

If you click on the Rooms button you will see a list of rooms that you could be chatting in. There should (I think) only be one (Taobums) which should have a number in brackets after it to show how many other users are there, which should match the list of names you could previously see.

BTW, as a bit of a FAQ:

1) Click the button with 4 arrows on it to make the chat window a popup window that you can then maximize

2) Click the button with a cog wheel to display the control panel and then change the font size for a much more legible display

3) Don't press the rightmost button, as it will log you out of chat

4) Don't close the original browser window (the one with the chat window before you did 1). I did that, and that also logged me out.

Hope to see/speak to you in chat soon.