Wells

AMERICAN GUY ATTAINING RAINBOW BODY! :D

It'd be interesting to learn more. We don't know when.. maybe 1925, maybe 1930 or date C. We don't who. We don't know his name. Possible it could be someone else. I assume a person approaching an irreversible step, would let someone know.

Leave a rainbow body note, 'My name is Clyde, I've been doing x for y numbers of years with Rinpoche Z. So long suckers, I'm going rainbow.' It just seems polite, if its hard to do and you're not triggering it accidentally, you leave a note behind to honor your teacher and provide a pathway for your fellow hardcore practitioners. Heck, why not do it infront of others to inspire and perhaps allow them to replicate the feat easier.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Leave a rainbow body note, 'My name is Clyde, I've been doing x for y numbers of years with Rinpoche Z. So long suckers, I'm going rainbow.' It just seems polite, if its hard to do and you're not triggering it accidentally, you leave a note behind to honor your teacher and provide a pathway for your fellow hardcore practitioners. Heck, why not do it infront of others to inspire and perhaps allow them to replicate the feat easier.

One day. You ain't ready yet, suckers!

But isnt this rainbow body thing about dying?

It's been said before, it seems a bit pointless, but I sense some confusion around this term "rainbow body."

But I can think of more important things than leaving behind a peculiar corpse.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Of course an american can achieve rainbow body. Even American's come equipped with a spirit and mind.

It is the objective of most if not all spiritual religion.

If you leave a body, you continue going around on the wheel.

The reason for spending efforts "practicing" and "practicing meditation" is for this ultimate objective of complete timeless eternal liberation.

When emphasis is spent on the "practicing" aspect for the sake of "practice", I think many miss that this practice is for a purpose.

• Like 2

FANTASTIC!!! WONDERFUL!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137617126381879/permalink/523743021102619/

A comment:

The "rainbow body" is not something the Tibetans created. Its a description of a certain natural process. Plenty of people have achieved it all over the world, most of them outside a buddhist context. And you wont know anything about them, because their kind of life is just not in the same streams as the rest of the world. Its sorta like how you cant find a rare animal species in the middle of a city.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting about the rainbow body ZOOM; it's an intriguing subject I knew nothing about.

• Like 1

Again you ridicule and show disrespect for one of the buddhist's highest achievements. Why does TTB let you get away with turning the Buddhist sub forum into a circus?

Circus is a good analogy TI.

It does seem a bit like a circus on these Buddha threads now and again.

That said we'd little or no interest in the Zen or PL discussions begun elsewhere.

I suspect Dzogchen and Rainbow Body interest people predominate here.

I'll leave you to it in good health.

:)

American ?

1930s?

Maybe one of these guys?

****************************** Moderator Message************************************

A reminder to keep posts on topic and not to attempt to derail the O.P. with posts or attachments which you may consider amusing but which add nothing to the discussion and will cause bickering and derailing of the topic.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Chang for Mod Team.

• Like 4

One day. You ain't ready yet, suckers!

But isnt this rainbow body thing about dying?

It's been said before, it seems a bit pointless, but I sense some confusion around this term "rainbow body."

But I can think of more important things than leaving behind a peculiar corpse.

Love your post. Such a different perspective and I like it.

Not yet ZOOM, you are still typing...

:D

I just can't read a page called customjuju.com, I just can't. (his homepage). OK going to read the thread now...

• Like 1