Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Maybe I should rephrase the question to say, 'what is your overarching goal this lifetime...' - focus in on this one small blip of time.

Maybe I should rephrase the question to say, 'what is your overarching goal this lifetime...' - focus in on this one small blip of time.

Whenever I come up with one life never agrees with me

• Like 2

38 years on the planet and still no idea what I'm here for. All I know is that I'm compelled towards some things, and won't touch others with a bargepole. I spend my life thinking about truth and self-realisation. If one day I gain some worthwhile wisdom, I'm sure it will become my raison d'être to share it and make the world a better place.

• Like 4

More seriously, here are some more that have occurred to me over the years;

To be.

To do.

Dobedobedo.

To serve others.

To serve God.

To serve Man ( ;)).

To achieve self realisation.

To have a good time, whilst harming none.

To make it through 'till tomorrow morning.

To Love.

To procreate.

To encourage the conscious Evolution of Mankind.

And so on.

I will say the last one rather chose me.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

My goal? Nothing in particular. Why? Do I need one?

• Like 2

I am thinking that if my veils of ignorance were removed, I would be better able to choose. Lacking this, it seems that removing the veils of ignorance is currently my goal...

...of course, in order to do this, I must empty myself of goals, which hide the clear light...

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

So your goal is not to have a goal then? :)

Not having a goal just sort of "happens". Not something I put any effort in. I'd probably give motivational coaches headaches. :)

• Like 2

You don't choose choiceless awareness.

Choiceless awareness chooses you.

Chew on that.

Choosy moms choose Jif, because the Jif chose them...

I suppose, from the earliest memories (and earlier, as I am told by family) all the way up to right now (and I hope into the future) it has been to be free and be able to explore things of interest, wonder and fascination to me and not become a unit in a system or a 'slave' to a job or be pressured in any direction that just felt .... downright wrong for me.

There have been slight moments of annoyance and conformity (aside from those I imposed upon myself), but overall I managed to pull it off. At times, just by standing firm and trusting in my choices, at other times like a gift on a platter .

• Like 3

I suppose, from the earliest memories (and earlier, as I am told by family) all the way up to right now (and I hope into the future) it has been to be free and be able to explore things of interest, wonder and fascination to me and not become a unit in a system or a 'slave' to a job or be pressured in any direction that just felt .... downright wrong for me.

Hi Nungali

I love this! It's so empowered! I've lived my life in the exact same way but always felt guilty about it!

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

I am thinking that if my veils of ignorance were removed, I would be better able to choose. Lacking this, it seems that removing the veils of ignorance is currently my goal...

...of course, in order to do this, I must empty myself of goals, which hide the clear light...

Many teachers of spiritual development suggest that there is someone who can do something to heal their sense of separation; in other words that there is a person who is able to discover that they are not a person. The absurdity of this idea is often camouflaged by highly complex and subtle thinking.

• Like 1

Hi Nungali

I love this! It's so empowered! I've lived my life in the exact same way but always felt guilty about it!

Oh-oh! ... you gotta get rid of that man ! Is it your guilt or people's guilt projected onto you? For not doing what they think you should be doing . Unless you are sucking off someone unfairly? ... I'd guess the first one.

I know ... I have seen it soo many times .... it can all come crashing down and wiped out in less than a blink ... straight out of the blue - wife children and kids ; obliterated - happy , responsible caring sharing person ... instantly smeared to red goo ...

Grab your life and seize it with both hands and live as full as you can, while you can ,

At further risk of coming off like a fundamentalist Thelemite :D ... I'd like to share this with you ... I like to ignore all associations and just contemplate the words;

" See thou to it, brother Magician, that thine own thread be strong, and pure, and of a colour brilliant in itself, yet ready to mingle in all beauty with those of thy brethren."

Just try to surround yourself with 'brethren' that respect your own path and choices thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There have been slight moments of annoyance and conformity (aside from those I imposed upon myself), but overall I managed to pull it off. At times, just by standing firm and trusting in my choices, at other times like a gift on a platter .

I resonate with this...expansion vs. concretization and stagnation...lately I have been thinking that I should become comfortable with redundancy, knowing that redundancy is an illusion. Being on parole is interesting. I have great urges to go traveling, and am stuck somewhere that isn't as magical as other places have been for me. I also have felt a guilt - a guilt at being jack of all trades - the grasshopper vs. the ant, but then I realized that I was just comparing myself to others expectations of what makes an 'achieved' or fully developed human being...

I view what I am doing as 'spiraling inwards' - circling the heights of many things and absorbing quickly the fascinations of each in a vague, fuzzy way, enough to get a real taste, and then once I find myself going back to a specific flavor over and over again, I know that I can urge surf down into a deeper level of tasting the sites.

Nungali,

I know ... I have seen it soo many times .... it can all come crashing down and wiped out in less than a blink ... straight out of the blue - wife children and kids ; obliterated - happy , responsible caring sharing person ... instantly smeared to red goo ...

Tell me more, I don't understand what you're trying to say

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this