NeiKung.Namaste

First Post: Discovering Mo Pai Nei Kung

Discovering Mo Pai Nei Kung

Hey everyone, :D

I'm new here and searching for something. If you're curious; I just turned 25, and I'm from the US. I'm interested in learning Mo Pai Nei Kung... So, I'm here! From what I've found online, John Chang's school and students are in Indonesia somewhere. So, it looks like I'm moving there (somewhere) after I finish my schooling (around 2-4 more years).

I'm dedicated, so I read whatever I can about Mo Pai and similar schools. If you know of anyone or anything that may help me on my path, please don't hesitate to let me know.

P.S. I've heard that they don't accept students from the US anymore. I'm ok with that. I feel that this is part of my path in this life... So, if it's meant to happen, it will. If not, I know I will have tried my hardest.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and learn a little bit about who I am. Enjoy the rest of your day... Namaste. ;)

• Like 3

Hello NeiKung, and welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you aboard.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Note: all female members are more than welcome to join the discussions at our new

Women’s Cultivation forum, moderated by rainbowvein and zanshin

• Like 1

Hello NeikungNamaste. :)

I see that you are interested in Mo Pai - in that case you should be warned that there is lots of disinformation on that subject, with some people trying to make money on fake Mo Pai teachings, and others are saying baseless things just because they're cretins who like to get "creative" on the internet.

In other words, "Caveat Emptor!", do not necessarily trust everything that is written.

• Like 3

Hello NeikungNamaste. :)

I see that you are interested in Mo Pai - in that case you should be warned that there is lots of disinformation on that subject, with some people trying to make money on fake Mo Pai teachings, and others are saying baseless things just because they're cretins who like to get "creative" on the internet.

In other words, "Caveat Emptor!", do not necessarily trust everything that is written.

@NeiKung Namaste,

many a post on the subject you are interested in is archived in the area here known as the pit.

happy searching :glare:

edit> be prepared to read insults after insults in those threads,and i wouldnt be surprised if a few get tossed here on your lobby thread. sign signifier signified

Edited by zerostao

Hi NeiKung

I assume you want to learn Mo Pai as a result of seeing the incredible feats achieves by John Chang. They sure are incredible, but Mo Pai is not the only way there. I have been fortunate enough to have teachers who can perform similar abilities. Im going to let you in on some truths of these kind of 'hard styles'.

- To achieve a level where you are capable of these feats is at minimum about 5-10 years (with the best teachers), if you even get to that level.

- You must be incredibly committed to training, Minimum of 2hrs a day, everyday, unless you have overloaded your energy an need to allow it to dissipate.

- No sex. It will affect your training, and your general well being.

- The side effects are not fun. From overheating, to headaches to severe kidney pain. And the physical effects are not even nearly as bad as the emotional, especially the panic attacks. It will affect everyone around you, and your relationship with them. This is caused by the heat factor, and the burning of you pheromones. This is why a lot of practitioners (monks) are secluded in monasteries away from people and our sexualised society. Sex = heat. Heat = destruction.

Not trying to scare you, but they are a reality you should prepare for. I've been training for about 3 years and have been thru some of the bad side of things, and not even to the extremes a lot of people have (read about chi deviation syndrome). I can assure you, its not fun, and there is no doctor that can help you. You need to make sure you have a good teacher, because if it gets out of control, you are going to need someone there that can actually do something about it.

I wish you the best of luck. Be safe. Don't do it for the power. Do it for the knowledge.

Oz_Chiguy

• Like 6

I wish you the best of luck. Be safe. Don't do it for the power. Do it for the knowledge.

Oz_Chiguy

I just want to say thanks for one of the more sensible posts on the subject :-)

• Like 3

Oz_Chiguy

I disagree. Do it for the power. The power to escape death and rebirth.

• Like 1

Good luck with that Mo Pai journey.

You're sure to meet some really nice people along the way.

Known for the warmth of its collegiality is Mo Pai.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Power is nothing without wisdom; without control. A potentially dangerous detriment without either of those two.

What good's a 500hp engine if you have donuts on the car and a loose steering rack?

• Like 5

Power is nothing without wisdom; without control. A potentially dangerous detriment without either of those two.

What good's a 500hp engine if you have donuts on the car and a loose steering rack?

Thats a good point. For some arts its good to supplement there weak spots. I don't think Mo Pai is known for its darhma/wisdom teachings. There are practices that are Mo Pai's opposite that stress wisdom and skillfulness in life and have no energy components. Even series of podcasts like Infinite Smile or Zencast are long running programs that delve deeply into the philosophy and practice of living well. Or what ever series you connect with.

Without balance you have less then nothing, you're self destructive. I applaud your dedication to Mo Pai but suggest adding to it listening to the words of wise people in wise traditions to balance and ground yourself.

• Like 2

Without at least an average intelligence level you probably wouldn't get anywhere with Mo Pai anyway.

Without at least an average intelligence level you probably wouldn't get anywhere with Mo Pai anyway.

by aiming this at another member you're setting the stages for yet another flame war into The Pitt.

Someone mentions Mo Pai and a couple people (cough cough MPG guys) launch an offensive.

Its not necessary, JoeB was just talking about the need for balance. Not just Mo Pai but for many energy arts it makes good sense to seek out a balancing counter part, otherwise paranoia and delusions of grandeur are possible. Just like a sitting art needs an exercise program, lest you cripple yourself, an energy art needs the grounding of solid dharma talks.

• Like 6

by aiming this at another member you're setting the stages for yet another flame war into The Pitt.

Someone mentions Mo Pai and a couple people (cough cough MPG guys) launch an offensive.

Its not necessary, JoeB was just talking about the need for balance. Not just Mo Pai but for many energy arts it makes good sense to seek out a balancing counter part, otherwise paranoia and delusions of grandeur are possible. Just like a sitting art needs an exercise program, lest you cripple yourself, an energy art needs the grounding of solid dharma talks.

Comprehension issues. ;)

Joe blast said "Don't attain power without wisdom."

Survey said... I mean, KenBrace said "Well, you probably wouldn't get anywhere in MP without at least an average intelligence level anyway."

So basically if you're stupid and have no wisdom you probably won't get anywhere with Mo Pai anyway.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;

Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.

• Like 4

:blink:

I've never had to to do this in intros before .... but <shrugs>

I warned yas!

... time to take out the trash ! :angry:

• Like 1

Comprehension issues. ;)

Survey said... I mean, KenBrace said "Well, you probably wouldn't get anywhere in MP without at least an average intelligence level anyway."

So basically if you're stupid and have no wisdom you probably won't get anywhere with Mo Pai anyway.

Yes comprehension issues. Aiming an 'if your stupid' post under another member's quote can create silly flame wars.

My post had nothing to do with 'intelligence', its about a pattern of Mo Pai threads going down in flames because of inflammatory writing. If you, KenBrace wrote a comment then another person (who you've argued w/ on other threads) quotes it, and writes, 'you won't understand without at least average intelligence level..' its going to come off as insulting and possibly wind up in the Pit.

If you quote someone and write a line about needing average intelligence to understand then you're creating a bad environment. Maybe it wouldn't come off as derogatory if you didn't quote a specific person above it. We shouldn't have every frickin Mo Pai thread wind up in The Pit. We should be able to avoid it with a little more sensitivity.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

~~~~~~Moderator Message~~~~~~~

It's not often that a Lobby Steward needs to blow the whistle.

Stop it now, please. You all know what I mean.

It's bad enough in the regular forums

but this is just an introductory post.

~~~~~~over and out~~~~~~~

• Like 4

the karmic propensity for Mo Pai on TTB has generated an undercurrent which is hard to avert given its present momentum. As if its taken on a life of its own based on the accumulated energetic input of the antagonists vs protagonists, not to mention the subtle traces left by those who merely observe from the sidelines.

• Like 1

the karmic propensity for Mo Pai on TTB has generated an undercurrent which is hard to avert given its present momentum. As if its taken on a life of its own based on the accumulated energetic input of the antagonists vs protagonists, not to mention the subtle traces left by those who merely observe from the sidelines.

I think you'll understand when I point out that your post is simply perpetuating that karmic undercurrent, CT. And when I wrote 'stop it, please', I meant precisely that.

• Like 1

I think you'll understand when I point out that your post is simply perpetuating that karmic undercurrent, CT. And when I wrote 'stop it, please', I meant precisely that.

yes, im well aware of that when i posted what i did. But thanks for the reminder all the same.

• Like 1

Comprehension issues. ;)

A potentially dangerous detriment without either of those two.

comprehension indeed. dont think the imbalance thing is real?

evidenced by pretty much anyone who still insists on yangyangyangyangyangyangPOWERPOWERPOWERPOWERPOWERPOWER as their one and only method.