3bob

what is a real beer and what is illusion?

Me and a friend share a beer.

The friend has alcohol intolerance, but decides to take a sip to find out if he still has it. He takes a sip, and within a few seconds, even before he puts the glass down, his face turns red like that of a boiled lobster, and he's already at the hangover stage, bypassing the buzz stage. I drink the rest, order more. I don't know how much more I would need to get a buzz, alI I know is, one or two amplify my enjoyment of seafood, three make me sleepy, and I've never had more than three.

Now, my friend and I shared the same beer -- but whose beer was real, mine or his?..

sounds like cough medicine with a little alcohol in it could do your friend in?

When I was younger, my brother and I made quite a bit of beer. One batch I substituted black molasses for sugar. A Porter, it was. It turned out better than ANY beer I have ever had anywhere. It was so dang good we took a week off and drank it all up.

AND...to stay on topic...it was real.

sounds cool !

Anyone heard of hazelnut-flavoured beer?

Roasted hazelnut-flavoured vodka??

Beer i haven't, but vodka i have tasted.

A Polish chap i know brews his own to sell.

Better than any commercial vodka out there.

:)

• Like 1

Which brands of beer are closest to organic thus and also not using gmo ingredients, along with no unhealthy or artificial additives or preservatives?

It's alcohol, man. You're drinking the piss, waste products and bodies of millions of yeasty creatures. A poisonous substance that kills off liver and brain cells. Cells you may need later in life. Drink enough and you won't be able to spell gmo.

on the third hand, it tastes good, the alcohol acts as a preservative and the biochemical nature of alcohol further alters the genetic make up whatever random ingredients have fallen into the mash and boiling chambers, so its not the gmo's you should fear, its whatever new hybrid mutation you should be afraid of.

ST George he was for England.

And before he killed the dragon

He drank a pint of English ale

Out of an English flagon.

For though he fast right readily

In hair-shirt or in mail.

It isn't safe to give him cakes

Unless you give him ale.