3bob

what is a real beer and what is illusion?

as I bask in the field

of hops, slowly drifting

drifting away... I dream

of fermenting; soaked in

the love making of

clear mountain streams,

river rocks, moss, particles

of gold, geodes radiating

spiritual messages from

deep below, now permeating

into my petals and leaves....

awakened by a gentle

breeze softly whisking away

that fading warmth of horizon

kissed starlight even as twinkles

appear to greet my now

homeward bound feet.

• Like 2

Real beer is what you have when you drink it, unreal beer is what you let out when you pee it out ....

Strangely its just like wisdom, real when you understand it and unreal when you attempt to speak about it.

:)

a real beer will get me to see the illusion of two beer glasses in front of me

And the guy at the bar, after a few beers, said, "She looked prettier through the bottom of the glass."

There is beer and then there is no beer.

If we do not see change then it is illusion. When we see the transformation of things and not a static picture of something that is changing then we can truly enjoy a beer because it is now and not forever.

There is beer and then there is no beer.

If we do not see change then it is illusion. When we see the transformation of things and not a static picture of something that is changing then we can truly enjoy a beer because it is now and not forever.

What that means for near beer I'm not sure?

• Like 1

If a horse will drink beer I imagine a bear would to although I'm not going to hold up a glass for a grizzly to find out.

My horse likes Porter best. At 1700 lbs her stepping on you , though, would hurt - although perhaps not as much as a grizzly.

• Like 1

Distinguishing between the real and its illusion is like picking out a couple at a rave: They are linked to each other but are not together.

A real beer will influence your system and heighten the activity of certain energy path ways. The illusion is that this change is a matter of happenstance and not an exchange.

Nothing comes from nothing.

• Like 1

Here! :)

Asheville, NC, has more breweries per capita than any other place in the country -- and most of them make real beer. My little town of about 9,000 has two.

(Our Bavarian and Swabian friends may yawn but they'd probably approve of some of the brews, too...)

Which brands of beer are closest to organic thus and also not using gmo ingredients, along with no unhealthy or artificial additives or preservatives? (btw, me thinks quality root beer is great)

Which brands of beer are closest to organic thus and also not using gmo ingredients, along with no unhealthy or artificial additives or preservatives? (btw, me thinks quality root beer is great)

A person can home brew some really good root beer.

I am going to get set-up to do this again as I have done so in the past. First batch won't be root beer though, ha ha. One can pay attention and get organic non gmo to a certain extent. Don't know about commercial breweries although someone was drinking an alleged non-gluten beer at dinner at our last workshop and I have seen beer advertised as "organic".

• Like 2

Beer brewed on a small scale tends to be fresher, more natural and less filtered than the larger-scale operations.

"The beer advertised on TV is not real beer." (My two cents, anyhow...)

• Like 3

I've been partial to dogfish 60 min lately. And Brooklyn...almost anything. Back East is a brewery of a friend of my brother's that we went to high school with, a good porter, good ale, and the imperial stout isnt too bad either, good straight up brews. But when I really want something out of the ordinary I'll head a town over, to Relic and sample whatever the mad scientist has brewed up there recently.

Funny you say that Brian, because that's like the Om Mantra for that guy at relic :lol: He doesnt supply many restaurants because his batches are that small.

And I agree with Strongbad,

A One that is not cold, is hardly a One at all :lol: Beer is the only beverage I adamantly demand be cold for consumption :lol:

• Like 1

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is outstanding!

I linked to Pisgah Brewing above. The other brewery in town is a true micro -- a keg at a time. Something different everytime I visit them. Sometimes weird but usually superb and ALWAYS fresh. They fill quart Mason jars from the tap as their "to go" offering, complete with handwritten labels. And close enough to walk home if need be...

• Like 3

heh, for brewing of that size, I go up to my parents house and see what my younger brother has brewed up recently. :D he's pretty good at it and makes some very refreshing and drinkable brews. there's always the occasional screwup when he tries something he never has before, but his peach ale, caramel amber ale, red ales have been absolutely fantastic.

I told him I'd grow him some hops if he wanted, but he never got rhizomes

• Like 1

Me and a friend share a beer.

The friend has alcohol intolerance, but decides to take a sip to find out if he still has it. He takes a sip, and within a few seconds, even before he puts the glass down, his face turns red like that of a boiled lobster, and he's already at the hangover stage, bypassing the buzz stage. I drink the rest, order more. I don't know how much more I would need to get a buzz, alI I know is, one or two amplify my enjoyment of seafood, three make me sleepy, and I've never had more than three.

Now, my friend and I shared the same beer -- but whose beer was real, mine or his?..

• Like 1

heh, for brewing of that size, I go up to my parents house and see what my younger brother has brewed up recently. :D he's pretty good at it and makes some very refreshing and drinkable brews. there's always the occasional screwup when he tries something he never has before, but his peach ale, caramel amber ale, red ales have been absolutely fantastic.

I told him I'd grow him some hops if he wanted, but he never got rhizomes

When I was younger, my brother and I made quite a bit of beer. One batch I substituted black molasses for sugar. A Porter, it was. It turned out better than ANY beer I have ever had anywhere. It was so dang good we took a week off and drank it all up.

AND...to stay on topic...it was real.

• Like 1