Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Scientists "make telepathy breakthrough"

I stumbled across this short radio clip on the BBC website about scientific research that "proves" telepathy:

www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29093700

I wonder if this will open up more acceptance of higher level Taoist practices, like shengong, with the broader public.

Telepathine was originally thought to be the active chemical constituent of Banisteriopsis caapi, a key plant ingredient in the preparation of ayahuasca; a sacramental beverage from the Amazon. This isolated chemical was so named because of the reported effects of Ayahuasca among the indigenous users, including: collective contact with and/or visions of jaguars, snakes, and jeweled birds, and ancestral spirits; the ability to see future events; and as the name suggests, telepathic communication among tribal members. It was assumed to be a newly discovered chemical at the time, however, it was soon realized that Telepathine was already more widely known as "harmine" from its previous discovery in Peganum harmala (Syrian Rue).

Syrian_rue.jpg

burning_bush.jpg

moses_burning_bush_bysantine_mosaic.jpg

• Like 1

It's all done with technology, it even says so in the clip

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/14888/20140904/brain-to-brain-communication-from-india-to-france-how-telepathy-is-mastered.htm

Don't get your hopes up

have to agree. They simply sent an EEG pattern to a person's brain via electronics (the "4,000 miles" is immaterial). That's a far, far cry from telepathy, and not even related as far as I can tell. Still an interesting experiment :-)

But it could lead to telepathy with enough development and interest. Once you can start getting basic bits of information sent from brain to brain, it's not unimaginable that we might find a way to hold a connection open..or a live feed...into the mind of another. (albeit using technology)

I bet when the first radio signal was bounced off of the moon and back to Earth, they hadn't imagined just how far it could be taken. Now look at us with our phones and Wi-Fi connected tablets. Such things only existed in the minds of sci-fi novelists back then.

They may well discover along the way, that the brain is fully capable of sending and receiving information without technology. The current devices (with a lot of development) could become the training wheels of telepathic ability.

Of course, this is a lot of "what ifs" ;)

Or you could just have your own personal experiences of telepathy and prove it to yourself that way. As far as convincing other people... yeh, dont get your hopes up.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this