Sign in to follow this  
xenolith

enlightenment

The extraordinary experiences that I've referred to in various places (as opposed to the singular place that I had hoped to utilize) in this Forum as CCO are consistent with all descriptions of enlightenment (or illumination) that I've read SUBSEQUENT TO THESE EXPERIENCES, most notably in the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

Due to an absence of interest in how I've achieved these (which I provided immediately upon joining this Forum) and my attendant understanding that this is a matter so personal as to not be discuss-able on the internet, I'll no longer speak of it. I don't appreciate the veiled accusations of being crazy and/or grumpy that have accompanied my efforts to assist others in achieving something of incalculable value for their spirits.

I consider this self enforced ignorance sadder than I can convey. But it's obviously real. And what's real is more important than what's sad.

Understand however, my dear friends, CCOs are also real. As real as your death. In fact, the ancients assert that it's a view of what awaits one upon death that a CCO provides. For most this is something that they wouldn't choose to see if it were offered to them, out of fear alone or fear of the work required for that opportunity beyond the scope of effort that most can imagine setting their mind to, or fear of failure after putting in the work...I don't know, but I can't imagine any other basis for this self-imposed ignorance than fear...which is silly, because the view to which you're choosing ignorance of is that of the Tao...something we'll all see ultimately, and which is beautiful beyond description and not to be feared. Do you really want to be surprised upon your last breath? "Against his will he dieth that hath not learned to die. Learn to die and though shalt learn to live, for there shall none learn to live that hath not learned to die" - Toure of all Toures: and Teacheth a Man for to Die

Imagine my dismay at not finding any persons interested in said pursuit on a Forum called The Tao Bums (!) Like I said, sad. Real sad.

No replies are solicited. This is but an announcement. With a hope of promoting (re)consideration.

Love (Charges the Dynamo).

xeno

But xenolith, aren't most of the people here already following Mantak Chia? I would assume they are already striving for CCOs and/or have already experienced them, but in any case already know about the path you are on, following the same teacher you have. He's written lots of very popular books.

Is it all about us, or is it also something about you, that your experience here has been so sad?

What does your wisdom tell you on this issue?

Xeno,

.... It is not that your peers do not hear you, it is that there is a certain speechlessness to the state of which you speak....

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

As a newbie to this forum, I'd like to ask what a CCO is?

Thanks

Steve

CCO - crown chakra orgasm

Well Xeno, I for one never thought you were crazy or something.

I've found your story inspirational. You found a system, worked at it steadily for ten years and reaped an awesome reward. The posts from your introduction were very informative. Anyone interested in a Healing Tao success story should read them.

The question is; how much is due to your disposition and long term hard work- and how much is due to they system itself?

Michael

x,

I know what you are talking about. What the tibetan book of the dead is about as well. You nailed it on the head about the fear too. This is why I only try to surrender and let things be even when I know and want to help people with it. Even when we tell someone about it, they will not know it from experience. Everyone has their own path. And ultimately it is in the hands of Tao.

Sometimes your presence is all that is needed. There is a saying that "Those who know, do not speak and those who speak do not know".

I have found that naturally there are times to help others in ways that appear at the right time, and it is not of my own mind but the mind of Tao. I used to feel sad, but no longer do becuase I know Tao has it handled. I no longer take on responsibility that is not mine.

Perhaps surrender, surrender, surrender...

There are people who know what you are talking about and you never know when you are going to connect with them :)

Best!

Matt

I have not seen your earlier detailed descriptions, or may be I was not there to comprehend them.

I just wonder if you have read A.H. Almaas book "The Elixir of Enlightenment"?.

If you do know what i am getting at please forgive me for not comprehending your situation.

respect and peace to you

Thank you MatthewQi that was beautiful.

Funny how things come in sets - even thoughts. I posted this poem in another discussion today and it seems appropriate here too. Hope the sorta double post is tolerated...

We are not great meteors that can obliterate an ocean;

we are tiny pebbles.

Be compassionate and do what you are able.

Be pragmatic and know your control goes no farther than the end of your fingertips.

Practice what is right over that which you have control;

Use what influence you have over that which you have influence.

Every day, cast yourself into life where you can make a small splash;

Be content that the ripples, though small, have influence.

Know you have done what you can,

and become familiar with peace.

We are not meant to change the world, or a Tao leaning forum. We are meant to change ourselves. When done rightly, those who are ready will learn by example.

Enlightenment is non-duality......

If you wish to learn more I can point you in the right direction, but in the end it's up to you to take the next step so if any of you really want to know what enlightenment is...let me know & I'll show you

my ego fears not enlightenment. it fears losing everything that is dear to it, all that it knows and loves.

"your time will come" i was told. "all is good". i smiled.

"drop everything" i was told. ego panicked.

indra, xeno... if you can guide me past this and to the hands of which i caught a glimpse of, then i shall join you and eventually see the tao.

Edited by .broken.

Stand and Forget,

Move to Remember.

Memorize Forgetting,

Forget to Remember.

Remember to Stand,

In Stillness, Be Movement,

In Movement, Be Stillness.

In Being without, you win Within.

Spectrum

Enlightenment is non-duality......

If you wish to learn more I can point you in the right direction, but in the end it's up to you to take the next step so if any of you really want to know what enlightenment is...let me know & I'll show you

Nice name --

and since you're enlightened AND use this name, could you please elaborate on the following statement from the Vedas:

In the heaven of Indra

there's a string of pearls

so arranged

that each one of them

reflects each and every one of the other ones

Well I'm not indra and I'm not from that belief system, but I think I know what that means from my own belief system. In my astrological belief system, the effects of the planets are somewhat influenced by the awareness of the person--not so much on an individual level but on a collective level. So a baby in the womb feels the force of the cosmos as an undifferentiated oneness. At the moment of birth the planets take their places in the natal chart. As a very small child the force is felt as a duality, the same way animals are aware of the sun and the moon, and all the planets line up behind gender and those two representative "planets." As the child grows, the influence of the planets grows to the awareness of the human collective of the planets.

In Western astrology the chart is divided up into twelve signs of the zodiac, and also the twelve houses. For most of human history in the West, the rulership of these signs was divided up between the sun, moon, and visible planets. This meant planets had to rule their own sign and also a sign that wasn't really theirs, for example Mars ruling both Aries and Scorpio or Venus ruling both Taurus and Libra, and this caused an imbalance. Also the planets themselves weren't balanced by their own true opposites--while Venus was "balanced" by Mars, the true reflection of the planet is in its polar opposite, in Pluto.

Human civilization has a role both in revealing the planets and recognizing them. For example, Ceres, the ruler of Virgo was discovered over a century ago, but downgraded from planet to asteroid. It was only in the last couple years that it was fully recognized as a planet again. Also giving Charon, the twin of Pluto, the same planetary status as Pluto helped balance Pluto's energy, a good thing. Finally the zodiac rulership is complete with the discovery of Eris, so all twelve signs now have their proper rulers. The last planet to be discovered is the planet of balance, so the planetary influence on humanity is now finally is in the process of becoming balanced.

All the thirteen "planets" together make up the Tao, each is part of one whole and the same, but reflects the others. Coming together in non-duality is like an orgasm or going back to the womb--it's great but you don't want to stay there. It's the sexual tension before the orgasm, the space between the people, that makes orgasm so great, and the growing up and flowering into a full person that completes the fetus.

That's why I don't understand this place. I'm not looking for non-duality, I'm looking for balance. I don't like CCO's as a regular thing because they are a place of non-duality--I was looking for a sixth chakra man to balance out my female energy (whom I finally found).

Although to answer your question with a specific example, take the planet Venus, expressing the qualities of Taurus.

First, there is the polar opposite Pluto (Scorpio). The opposite qualities of ease and relaxation and the thing in itself, sensual pleasure and the physical nature are balanced by obsession, depth, the mystical underlying nature, birth death and rebirth, and on a simpler level Venus brings money, Pluto brings control of other people's money.

Then there are on the one hand, on the other hand opposites of Mars (Aries) and Mercury (Gemini). These are opposites in the sense of exertion--rest, and placidity--restless movement. Or in violence--gentleness, thing in itself--trickery. Or most obvious, male--female--child

Then there are the trines, the other earthy planets and signs, Saturn (Capricorn) and Ceres (Virgo). Venus is the planet of steadiness and rest and luxury. Saturn is the planet of earthy achievement, hard work, wisdom, power and restriction (and bad luck). Ceres is the planet of daily work and serving others. Each of the three reflects a specific quality of earth energy, and reflects the others in itself.

The planets of squares are the other two planets ruling fixed signs besides Venus and Pluto, Uranus (Aquarius) and the Sun (Leo). The square is an angle of dramatic tension requiring resolution. Unlike the polar opposite (which is a lot like sexual tension), squares need more of a storyline. They require hard work to fit in together, unlike trines. Both Uranus and Leo are very male, not in the Mars or Pluto sense, but in a sense contrary to Venus. Fixed signs all like attention, and they are all stubborn in their own way, and there is no vulenerability like there is with Pluto, so it's a fight. While it's a fighting reflection it's still a reflection.

The planets of quincunxes are the two planets ruling the signs on either side of Scorpio--Eris and Jupiter. There is no resolution like with the squares, there is only ceaseless obsession. There is no understanding, so there is an intense need to keep looking, keep probing that never ends. Jupiter is the perennial skirt-chaser, and I have a pretty good idea of what Eris will turn out to be. This reflection is a flickering one.

Finally there is the light ease of the sextile, the angle of friendship. Venus is friends with the two water planets of Neptune and the Moon. These planets help and enhance Venus--the outright magic of the Moon and the fantasy world and dissolute pleasure of Neptune. So they too reflect her.

Each planet has a similar web of relationships with the other eleven, at least in the astrology I follow, and seen as whole make up a completeness.

Witch,

thank you, it was very interesting in many lights.

There's reflections of other pearls in this one of course --

e.g., Venus is my Western planetary sign, which corresponds to Snake in Chinese astrology, Cat (the feline goddess Bastet of fertility and femininity) in Egyptian, Cat-Snake-Venus in most shamanic traditions, Cat in some Buddhist schools (one popular in Thailand, for instance... there's a great big cat-snake-Venus denial in others though -- the patently paternalistic ones... something for a later entry I guess.) So... do you do astrological readings? I used to do Chinese ones in my spare time, but alas, I have no spare time to speak of currently...

Yes, and I owe you one. I will make a fool of myself and predict beforehand. You have a very strong Ceres in your chart--either a singleton, in your first house, or part of a tight formation (tight angles). Ceres was discovered in 1801, and brought on an interest in the true nature of food, practices leading to good health, and preservation of the earth. Fifty years later it was downgraded to asteroid, and the knowledge that flowered in those fifty years was gradually lost, surviving only in the traditions of grandmothers. Happy to do your chart--PM me your birthdate, time and city.

Eris is the perfect name for the new planet, because Eris brings harmony through discord and was in the sign of Aries when discovered. Unlike the old ruler of Libra, Venus, Eris is most definitely a fighting planet and balances out Mars as the perfect opponent. Also balances out the greedy tentacles of Pluto, and just in time. Eris brings truth and fairness and choice, the goddess most famous for asking Paris to decide between Venus, Minerva and Hera with her golden apple (he should have picked her instead). Something I strongly suspect--just as the cardinal water planet, the Moon, the most changeable of all the planets rules women's magic, I think Eris as the cardinal air planet, the most constant of all the planets, hardly moving in a lifetime, rules men's magic. I think there will be a rise of not ceremonial magicians--they are all about Pluto and Mercury--but wizards who know the true names of things. I also suspect it has something to do with martial arts, as they are used primarily for defense rather than attack--to use the strength of one's opponent against him and to use wits and knowledge over the brute strength of Mars.

Taomeow, have you read any of Gerina Dunwich's books? She is a witch who follows Bast. Her books are very disorganized, but she writes with an earthy Capricorn focus and treasures the old traditions (including some recipes for unusual things, like squirrel dishes).

Rain, it is my focus according to my belief system to become more childlike. My natural tendency is to pontificate and be the expert :rolleyes: and I try to listen and learn instead of being a blowhard, but sometimes I go off. I have certainly driven Xenolith's thread off topic!

I am quite empirical. I predict charts before reading them, to test my skill. If I am wrong about men's magic, it will be obvious soon enough--the discovery of a new planet comes with accompanying events in the world, like Uranus, the planet of revolution and the brotherhood of man and electricity triggering an explosion of activity about those things.

I hope very much that Eris fighting for balance will be reflected by people fighting to balance the earth, with the help of Ceres. We need to fix global warming now!

The child is already well-represented in the zodiac, by Mercury. And with Mercury no longer busy ruling Virgo, which has always been an uncomfortable, neurotic fit, perhaps there will be a focus on the airy lightness and playfulness that Mercury embodies.

I also use astrodienst--pretty much every astrologer does nowadays. You can also reach it by astro.com. I am not professional.

Eris is the right name. Eris will rule Libra, sign of true love, balance, enemies and partners. Lilah is not a Roman goddess--a true planet must be named within that system. The Venus/Pluto polarity already embodies the Pluto/Persephone myth. In the way Venus is to Pluto, Mars is to Eris. Eris is the perfect sparring partner for Mars and will keep him out of the mischief of starting wars. Likewise in the way that Venus is to Mars, sexually speaking, Eris is to Pluto. She is strong enough to withstand Pluto's crushing obsessive intensity. Also might provide balance in the corporate world--Pluto rules other people's money, and Eris rules Truth.

I have certainly driven Xenolith's thread off topic!

Indeed. However, you've had help. Should not the latter portion of this thread be split off into another sean? You know it's been done before.

In any case, I'm deeply humbled by the nature of the replies of some of you. Agape, Spectrum...yes. I'd like to offer further comments here occasionally. And so I shall.

xeno

Sign in to follow this