Infinity

UNDENIABLE truths

Beliefs are choices name me some UNDENIABLE truths.

Here we go I will start...

I AM

I am genuinely interesting in what can come up here... (if anything as I don't like to presume it seems rude).

All my best to you all.

I got the easy one out the way first. Have not conceived of any others so was intrigued as to what could come up...

I had no idea how this would unfold and I guess in my mind at least now I see it could be a word/definition/perspective/mind game.

life is temporary; the old makes way for the new.

I guess an UNDENIABLE truth is a truth from all perspectives. What is life? Is the definition of 'life' temporary? That I guess would depend on your perspective?

This springs to mind for some reason:

The only thing that never changes is that everything changes.

Is that undeniable?

Thanks

Edited by Infinity

I like cake.

I am totally with you on that! :-) I love tea and cake!

Nice one!

On a serious note and I don't presume for one minute you were not serious, is it undeniable?

I honestly not sure if I have the intellect to know? It's a bold statement and is there anyway for me to know? Where this is going I know not...

Edited by Infinity

Undeniable - Yes.

Irrefutable - No.

This is TTB after all.

:)

True and this is kind of why I started this thread after 'UNDENIABLE UFO evidence etc...' as TTB seems to have its fair share of squabbles about 'truths' which sometime derail good honest interesting threads.

So what is UNDENIABLE truth, could we settle it once and for all irrefutably? :-)

I suspect this is going to end in a mess...

Edited by Infinity

I suspect this is going to end in a mess...

It's already a mess but then, as kids, we loved to play in mud puddles. (Many of us did anyhow.)

It is undeniable that I enjoy drinking coffee.

It is undeniable that I enjoy drinking coffee.

Is that always undeniable? If not then it's not undeniable! If you already had 15 would you enjoy another? And I guess that goes for GP's cake too! That's a matter of your perspective and as such it's not undeniable.

My logic could be wrong?

Is 'I am' just a perspective too?

Is that always undeniable? If not then it's not undeniable! If you already had 15 would you enjoy another? And I guess that goes for GP's cake too! That's a matter of your perspective and as such it's not undeniable. My logic could be wrong? Is 'I am' just a perspective too? ∞

Hehehe. I was going to hit you on that "I am" but decided to let it slide.

But to your question regarding my coffee. Please note that I said that I enjoy drinking coffee. That is undeniable. However, there are times when I have had enough coffee and don't want any more. Wanting more and enjoying it are different valuations. No, I don't enjoy drinking coffee when I am sleeping. But that is a different valuation as well.

Given that my statement could have included the limiters that I enjoy drinking coffee when I am in the mood for a cup of coffee, when there is coffee available, and that I enjoy it most when there is two sugars and 1/2 creamer mixed in with it.

No, your logic isn't wrong. It is just assuming limiters that we had not specified.

Now it is evening here so I have had my last coffee for today. I really wouldn't enjoy drinking a cup right now because that would lengthen the time it is going to take for me to get sleepy enough to go to bed.

It was once said to me that when I interviewed for the job I was at at the time that I must have had a coffee cup in my hand throughout the interview.

• Like 1

I guess an UNDENIABLE truth is a truth from all perspectives. What is life? Is the definition of 'life' temporary? That I guess would depend on your perspective?

What is I?

What is AM?

Beliefs are choices name me some UNDENIABLE truths.

Here we go I will start...

I AM

OK, then, what is the sound of one butterfly dreaming?

Wait.

I'm sure I got that wrong, somewhere.

• Like 4

What is I?

What is AM?

Lying in bed last night pondering this, looking and shutting of thoughts I saw and realised 'i' was no thing. And correct me if I am wrong as I have lost that glimpse but there is no argument, nothing to defend, more importantly perhaps no one to defend! And what I deduce from this is that there are no undeniable truths?!

All I could say about that moment is that I was not, which is correct but something was which cannot be talked about.

It seemed in that moment that if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, it does not make a sound?

Which I think beyonder is pointing too and it seems 9th was too?

So if there is no argument, nothing or no thing to defend?!

Thanks,

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 2

Existence or Life. Some "thing" exists. There are many "things" that exist.

Also, on the other end, Non-existence or Death.

Each of these in their most basic form is undeniable.

Even going into the states of emptiness, it is still a form of existence or non-existence.

Even non-existence exists, though.

I think I have gone too far into this.....Good place to stop. Hah

• Like 4

Even non-existence exists, though.

I think I have gone too far into this.....Good place to stop. Hah

Yes non-existence/some thing but there was no one there to see it?

I think your right, not sure this can be talked about? Interesting...

Thanks for that answer Uroboros will digest when I have more time?

Edited by Infinity

OK, then, what is the sound of one butterfly dreaming?

Wait.

I'm sure I got that wrong, somewhere.

Actually, Iron Butterfly did a song that includes the sounds of a butterfly dreaming if your imagination is vivid enough to hear it.

• Like 1