Vmarco

Once I got to really understand.....

For example:

Once I got to really understand politics I quit voting.

Once I got to really understand religion I quit religion.

Once I got to really understand people I quit be so open with them.

Once I got to really understand rush hour traffic I quit going home at that time.

Once I got to really understand my family I quit being so family orientated.

Once I got to really understand the media I quit being media-ted.

• Like 6

Our individual understandings are special and unique. No one else can have exactly the same understandings as we have because we have lived different lives.

One may or may not have similar understands as does Vmarco. But each is valid.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

Once i got to really started to understand Monkey Mind i stopped thinking.....and trancended time itself.

Edited by ValleyStream
  • Like 2

Our individual understandings are special and unique. No one else can have exactly the same understandings as we have because we have lived different lives.

One may or may not have similar understands as does Vmarco. But each is valid.

Totally.

I like to say, "Perspective is everything. Everything is defined by the observer. He observes relative to his perspective."

• Like 2

Totally.

I like to say, "Perspective is everything. Everything is defined by the observer. He observes relative to his perspective."

Yeah, I try to always speak from perspective as I claim that there are no absolutes.

• Like 1

For example:

Once I got to really understand politics I quit voting.

Once I got to really understand religion I quit religion.

Once I got to really understand people I quit be so open with them.

Once I got to really understand rush hour traffic I quit going home at that time.

Once I got to really understand my family I quit being so family orientated.

Once I got to really understand the media I quit being media-ted.

The danger here is did one really understand, or did one learn that it disagrees with you and then dismiss it?

Study enough, care enough and you can get a deeper understanding and connect.

Study enough politics and you can find rare gems of people who are trying to make the world a better place.

Study the best in religion and you can find value, practical and spiritual in many mystical traditions that run through them.

Study rush hour and you find some routs are reverse commutes are better then others and actually move pretty well.

Family knows all your buttons, but if treated with respect will help and be a basis of lifelong support.

Media.. its optional, but I find it valuable to occasionally take the pulse on the right and left, and have a few sources that seem honest. It can be dangerous to ignore what you disagree with, there is stuff to learn from it, plus it keeps the mind sharp and juices flowing.

• Like 3

There is great simplicity to behold here... life seems complex and yet we can find simplicity in our way.

I drive my step-daughter to/fro the university each day... but she gets there early and gets picked up later than necessary for a simple reason...

Once this small dot is connected to another point, others will reveal themselves... and it is dots everywhere waiting to be connected. After some time, it is just a picture; a flower, a cloud, or the fullness of emptiness itself.

• Like 5

There seems to be a human process in place which makes us think getting a stronger magnifying glass to study the dots more closely will necessarily make the picture more clear when sometimes taking a step back makes all the difference...

• Like 3

There seems to be a human process in place which makes us think getting a stronger magnifying glass to study the dots more closely will necessarily make the picture more clear when sometimes taking a step back makes all the difference...

I think that may be Stage 1... a quasi-step in the direction of detachment... but ultimately we need to detach from our own idea, language, thought, mind, etc.

It is a 'step back' in our minds; what we need is a step back from our minds. Once we let go of our senses we find there is another, deeper sense which can arise. Some call it an inner sense but it may as well be called the Dao-sense... or it is really De.

At some point, the dots all combine and merge and there is just one dot which seems so big it makes up all things... and yet, that is but a Stage... The One Dot still waits for us to 'step back'. Whatever we see is yet waiting for us to step back.

• Like 3

There is great simplicity to behold here... life seems complex and yet we can find simplicity in our way.

I drive my step-daughter to/fro the university each day... but she gets there early and gets picked up later than necessary for a simple reason...

Once this small dot is connected to another point, others will reveal themselves... and it is dots everywhere waiting to be connected. After some time, it is just a picture; a flower, a cloud, or the fullness of emptiness itself.

You are getting pretty darned poetic on us here.

It was actually a sunday afternoon of pointillism (not poetry) on my mind... but pictures can be poetic too...

a_sunday_afternoon_on_the_island_of_la_g

• Like 2

The problem with understanding is that it is a building with many stories.

Our understanding will grow with our consciousness and this holds true for the simplest of things.

A microscope is a tube for isolating the rest of the Universe from the thing you are looking at.

Unless you get a really powerful microscope ....

But then again I favour the Hermetic approach.

Did I ever really get to understand anything? I don't know. I think I'll just go ahead and postpone judgement regarding that one.

• Like 3

A microscope is a tube for isolating the rest of the Universe from the thing you are looking at.

Unless you get a really powerful microscope ....

But then again I favour the Hermetic approach.

^^^ Yeah, even then.