Sign in to follow this  
neimad

5 animals play

hi,

i was just wondering if anyone is able to explain if there are any differences between the five animals play done by michael winn, and the five animals frolic as taught by john du cane?

thank you.

Five animal frolics is a movement version of the healing sounds . I havent seen Ducane's stuff but my guess is it's based on the traditionaly animal frolics which are totally different movements.

Interesting you ask this question I was just watching the 5 animal frolics DVD right now.

I just got the updated versions of alot of Winn's stuff and going over Internal qi breathing, bone breathing and rooting right now.

I almost did my thing where I take hundreds of dollars of tapes/CD's or books and throw it all in the garbage like the Zen masters of old tore up certificates of Enlightenment but thought twice about it.

Balance!

I almost did my thing where I take hundreds of dollars of tapes/CD's or books and throw it all in the garbage like the Zen masters of old tore up certificates of Enlightenment but thought twice about it.

Balance!

2281[/snapback]

i am almost getting to the point where i have to do this before i even buy or practice any.

my problem is i read too much and never do.

it seems that no matter which system you are looking at, it doesn't cover all that is neccessary and other people are constantly coming up with corrections, updates, etc.

i dont know where to start, dont know where to go... and almost to the point where i might even forget about it before i bother. what to do?

I have done it several times already . I had all of Winn's material up to Lesser KL and threw it all out because I just wanted to do zen type practice and felt it was useless. I also threw out dozens of books on Daoism and qigong with the same attitude. Probably a little severe .I just rebought alot of his stuff and kind of giving it a second chance.

You may see me chuck it all after ana fter zazen anti-coneptual spirituality rage but I don't recommend this and consider it a personality fault!

Seriously though..your right..I have studied and elarned so many practices it gets to the point where you say fuck it. Just throw my Kettlebell around and have a beer..that's my practice.

I am debating hitting my local zendo tomorrow morning for a rededication to zazen and listening to Winn's tapes at the same time .I do primordial qigong regularly .I also do Aikido regulaly and have been thinking about getting back into Braziallian Jui Jitsu.

I also do Yiquan prestty regulaly and just found a teacher of Hsing Yi Quan. Will check him out next week. he has been doing internal practices for like 20 years and lives like 5 minutes from me .It's funny when you are looking for teachers over the internet and in other states when you may have what you need right under your nose.

Another part of me wants to hit the gym and get monster huge and bulk up but then I think how it will just fuck up my aikido and Hsing Yi which is supposedly similar. I also bougght a pair of Sonnen's clubbells and playing with that occasionally.

Damn..and I have to write papers,,I wanted to go out this weekend but am sitting at home on saturday night like a lsoer when Downtown Scottsdale and the beauties that hang there are so close. But atleast I started taking a good mulit vitamin!

I feel another long break from intenret web sites coming..

Your in Sydney? My Mom's hometown! I was just talking about coming out for a visit when I have time. I have cousins in Australia I havent seen in like 15 years.

G'day!

g'day to you too.

maybe if i, and you, aint feeling weird about it, can meet up for a little chat if you do decide to visit. i do aikido too, although i haven't been going lately... girlfriend came to visit from thailand and then just haven't got around to getting back into it. perhaps this week again, i hope... so you can also come visit our dojo. we do iwama style.

i have just decided to forget the HT altogether, i think.

i was considering buying chi kung fundamentals 1 & 2, but my whole aims have only ever been health, suppleness and sexual performance. things i believe the system can deliver, but probably not the best at it as it seems aimed at other things.

decided i will look into du canes 5 animals frolic a bit more, as it seems as if the strength, suppleness, relaxation and health is the only aim of the practice.... dr lin for sexual performance... and some mindfulness meditation for general relaxation....

besides chia and winn kind of irritate me. they are both nice enough and i believe their intentions are genuine, but there is just that tiny little something in their personality that bugs me.

i went to a retreat in thailand with chia... and he really was a terrible teacher. i couldn't (and other people there too) understand what he was talking about most of the time, and the majority of the time was him talking and us not even doing any of the practices at all... the retreat was entitled "wisdom chi kung and world link meditation" yet we didn't even learn either of those! (or anything else much actually) i didn't really get anything out of it, and my girlfriend hated it and hated that place.

however ever since i picked up a second hand copy of "iron shirt chi kung I" i had been almost obsessed with learning the system, because of the 'hooks' in the stated outcomes of doing any of the practices... they all sounded almost too good to believe. i have never really diligently practiced any of it, other than 6 healing sounds and inner smile, because i am young and always ended up getting distracted by other things... i did try for a while to work with the microcosmic orbit, but i ended up with energy stuck in my chest which was incredibly painful and uncomfortable.

overall though i find the whole system very confusing and not straight forward at all. i think i am going to be better off if i can just let go of the desire to learn it, to the benefit of myself and my girlfriend as she wants nothing to do with any of it.

i hope i dont offend anyone here by my comments, and if i do i sincerely apologise. but i dont think the HT system leads to enlightenment, satori, or whatever you want to call it.

immortality in the sense of increased awareness of your progress through the universe yes, but the ability to leave it, no.

since that has never been my intention or goal anyway that never really bothered me in my desire to learn it.

I run my own business and go to school full time until the end of enxt year. An Australia trip is not going to happen anytime soon. I feel you on the healing Tao though .Your not the first person to lament on a bad trip to Chia land. If I remember correctly Kieth-the virtuous one-Franzen had a bad experience there.

It's all good to me..if you don't like someones vibe or there teaching style don't waste your time. I am a busy guy and don't have the time or desire to waste with people that don't respect my time. Basically what I have heard quite a few people say about Chia.

I have never met chia or done any of his classes just basing this off of what others have said.

Anyways..good luck on your path.

thanks man.

i aint gonna be in australia too much longer anyways...

so good luck with everything to you too.

laters.

when i was in beijing in 2002, i learned sounds completely different from michael's. i stuck with michael's cuz i knew it already and already developed the relationship using his sounds. so maybe what matters is that you do it, develop the relaionship with the shen and the sounds are less important than the relationship itself. the movements were different too. seemed to work for that guy.

Peter I see your online NOW, if you see this Now, go to Live Chat.

Peace

Michael

Its 9:35 my time in Chicago, c

central USA

Sign in to follow this