FraterUFA

Astral Projection and the Energy Body

Your experience seems similar to mine; a bit of this ... a bit of that .... never as a full manifestation of all of it at one time, like what we are 'supposed' to be experiencing ... as the books tell us :) .

Keep practicing. Some things I worked on took years. Sometimes you can work on something too much, or not enough, or the wrong way. ... so I guess, actually, it is the old ;

Practice : assess : evaluate : integrate / imagine : practice .... cycle .

One thing that helped me 'get out' was this .... I would imagine practicing my kata in the middle of the room while I lay in bed at night. That sorta worked, but there was one I was having trouble visualising as such ( a Sai kata with an unusual pattern with a tracking back across the whole pattern in a diagonal). But as soon as I could visualise that in my head, when I did it in my cabin at night .... bing! There I would be.

​Also I worked with the shrinking and expanding sensation a lot to my advantage as I already had that ingrained to a startling degree as a small child ... so I utilised that one.

Eventually things morphed so some of the things I thought I would get from being able to do it the 'right' way , I got other ways.

For the things I haven't got yet that I thought I wanted .... I get off google earth and maps , when a live version comes out, I'll be near satisfied ... when the Akashic Record / Google Earth come out on CD rom, I will be satisfied. ;)

https://www.google.earth/akashicrecord/[email protected],30.9022093,153788m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x14368976c35c36e9:0x2c45a00925c4c444/t1300UT4GEN10,000BC

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Egypt/@29.2499068,30.9022093,153788m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x14368976c35c36e9:0x2c45a00925c4c444

• Like 2

Haven't read Robert Bruce's stuff, but here's a good interview. Draja has some cool exercises for developing Astral Projection in his Practice of Magic intro book.

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/2012/12/episode-83-robert-bruce-discusses-astral-projection/

http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Magic-Introductory-Guide-Art/dp/0877288070/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410534763&sr=1-4&keywords=draja+mickaharic

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

I was super interested in Astral Projection for a while, I read Robert Bruce's book and practiced the techniques for a couple months, but never had any luck. Then I found a book online http://obe4u.com/nature_of_obe_and_lucid_dreaming/free-ebook/ and had several lucid dreams and an OBE the 2nd and 3rd times I tried the method. I would definately recomend it!

The OBE I had was pretty cool, I came out of my body, floated through my door and then through one of the house walls to get to the front door. Then I went out the front door and flew down the street. I live in the city, so there aren't many stars, but flying down the street I flew on my back and looked up at SO Many stars! I got sucked back to my body soon after that. I have read it it takes practice to extend OB trips.

Cheers

• Like 4

I've read a lot of things... I'm interested in first-hand experience though.

My personal experience states that he is the only author I have ever read who's writings reflect my own personal experiences with out of body travel :).

I feel the lunar is more for travel closer to the physical plane, and the solar is more for travel in the less dense planes.

• Like 1

Actually the reason I challenged you on the first comment is because I enjoy his writing but looking at his overly self-promotional nature (look at his other products), I inclined to be skeptical about his work.

Oh interesting, I had noooo idea. Back when I read Robert Bruce all his works were completely free and he hadn't even put out his first book yet. So I at least recommend his very first book/works on the topic, can't comment on his newer stuff.

Pretty consistent with the Hermetic teachings... but how does one go about developing a Solar body exactly?

That's the easier part for most people, that is the standard type of projection folks use in the GD etc. systems to go wander around the tree of life and such. (as my understanding of it anyways). It's the more physical and solid version which is tricky generally.

Also you can ask the various spirits of your system for help with this ;).

Personally I managed this through just the regular pathworking, which I allowed myself to get deeper and deeper into, and stopped worrying about was it just me/my mind or was it real... then it became more so naturally with much practice. Then one day I popped out of what seemed to be my own aura/perceptions/reality/microcosm into a larger more external macrocosm version of things. Was sort of neat.

You can also, put on the robe/cloak of hebrew words/names/letters (forgot the exact writing on this thing, it was quite some time ago) to help one go from here to there. Old Kabbalistic trick that worked really well for me :).

• Like 2

Now we are getting somewhere. The alchemical texts are very cryptic on this point. My current and best interpretation is that one leaves the body and is transported across the Abyss (the fires of Vulcan) where all of the impurities are burnt out in a seemingly horrific process. This is what brings out the "gold".

Not saying that I am reading them correctly though... this is beyond where I am at presently.

Eventually sure, but along the way... there is still much can be done and which is useful. Since some folks can just pop out and come back with relevant matching info in their first year of practice, I would think that this shows that no huge transformation is needed just to astral project to the various realms.

It sounds from the above that the description that they are talking about a lot more than just out of body travel; and not something as temporary as a few quick journeys either ;). To build what they are talking about, a LOT of daily practice, meditation and connection with one's fave divine source would be the way to go.... Also to be able to get to the state through meditative practice where you can remember and be fully functional while out of body, and remember your experience when you get back. You didn't need silly things like free time right? :D That's my take on things anyways...

For a cross comparison, Jerry Alan Johnson talks about spirit travel in his books... but, apparently it is quite the advanced technique and is not done until one is at priest level. Still though perhaps an interesting source from a Taoist perspective. If anyone has any other sources of such perspectives I too would be interested; I'm far to underread on the Taoist side of things.

• Like 1

I was super interested in Astral Projection for a while, I read Robert Bruce's book and practiced the techniques for a couple months, but never had any luck. Then I found a book online http://obe4u.com/nature_of_obe_and_lucid_dreaming/free-ebook/ and had several lucid dreams and an OBE the 2nd and 3rd times I tried the method. I would definately recomend it!

Thanks for the link. This is why I like coming to this place.

• Like 1

I think I may have gotten to the brink of a OBE but no luck so far.

I have woken up from a dream, then walked across the floor and started to fly then woke up again. I think I may have had OBE's before but only straight after a dream and I have been unaware thinking I am actually awake.

The OBE I had was pretty cool, I came out of my body, floated through my door and then through one of the house walls to get to the front door. Then I went out the front door and flew down the street. I live in the city, so there aren't many stars, but flying down the street I flew on my back and looked up at SO Many stars! I got sucked back to my body soon after that. I have read it it takes practice to extend OB trips.

Cheers

Hey, I was going to highly recommend Raduga's work, then I looked at this and it is his work, all repackaged... {been a while for me}

This guy's work craps on robert bruce's as far as I am concerned, or does at least for the significant number of people who don't respond to roberts methods... :)

• Like 1

That's the easier part for most people, that is the standard type of projection folks use in the GD etc. systems to go wander around the tree of life and such. (as my understanding of it anyways). It's the more physical and solid version which is tricky generally.

Hmm, thats not the Solar body that FraterUFA's material is refering too.

The Solar body takes a long time to develop, {usually} and is grown out of a slow alchemizing of the substance of the lunar body.

Attaining it basically makes you an Immortal.

• Like 1

The alchemical texts are very cryptic on this point. My current and best interpretation is that one leaves the body and is transported across the Abyss (the fires of Vulcan) where all of the impurities are burnt out in a seemingly horrific process. This is what brings out the "gold".

Not saying that I am reading them correctly though... this is beyond where I am at presently.

You would have to be working within an Initiatory Tradition or with a set of spirits with an Initiatory bent to have these experiences.

If your not within an active Tradition like that but have some good spirit contacts, you could express your desire for Initiation to them... Might get the ball rolling.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Ave Brothers and Sisters,

I am wondering what your thoughts are what importance the development of the the energy body has on astral projection. 

Both western and eastern esoteric teachings suggest that there is a "lunar" and a "solar" body. The lunar body is considered to be the inferior of the two, often limited in the distance it can travel from the physical body as well as the duration of the experience. In contrast, the solar body has no such limitations (in its fully developed form).

Yet it does not appear that the solar body can be attained other than via the means of the lunar (I am open to correction on this point). The mercury must be extracted from the earth as they say, and so this gives rise to the question of how exactly this can be achieved. 

I ask because in the past few months I have three such experiences which were of quite limited duration. In the first, I experienced "astral vision" only. In the second, I believe I was truly in the astral itself as it was by no means the ordinary physical world that I was in. And finally, the third would be what I consider a "near-physical" experience in which I lifted partially out of my body for a few seconds (but with no vision). There were also several other incidents which I would classify as "failed OBE-exit" type experiences.

I would like to deepen and extend these experiences... I welcome your advice!

Fr. UFA

I think you more or less got it. I wrote a longer reply, but cut it down to what I believe the most important aspect. I'll be using Qabalistic terminiolgy because that is what I am familiar with.

Here are my classifications:

----

0. Passive meditation / Assiah

1. Active meditation / Assiah

The above two are usually what is confused with actual occult practice by armchair Jungian people - you see a vision, often time static will actually appear over the blackness of meditation and go on to become a scene, it could best be called internal scrying, wherein the vision is very much confined to a seperate 'space'; for the most part you are fully aware you are sitting on the couch meditating when this occurs, even if remotely. Just as the scryer regardless of the intensity of the vision is aware the vision is confined to the tool of recpetion. You can even drift into trance, and shockingly snap out of it due to the contents you witness, but there is no real sense of ever having left the body. The operator is still very much seperate from the vision.

2. OBE / Etheric View / Path of Tav / Upper Assiah/ Lower Yetzirah (Yesod) -

I would say the Lunar body is the body is what we use here, I call it the Etheric which is really a bridge between the Guph and the Ruach - it takes practice (I still find myself stumbling around) - This is the astral view laid on top of the regular surroundings, ie. you are walking arond your room but something is off, it is murky, dim, smoke filled, notice the LIGHT here if any is present.... The aim is to wake up here without waking up your body or being shocked out of it. There is usually no clear line of ever having left regular consciousness, until either you see your body lying still or you try to open a door, etc...

Operating ritual on this plane propels you to the other spheres. A physical temple is both an anchor and a launching pad. Usually a symbol appears as a gate to Astral proper, perhaps even the body of a planet itself.

Via a bit of experimetnation, I believe this is where will and precise operation seems to come into play; as well as circulating Light in your regualr body, also strong physical conditioning, I myself lift weights, jog almost everyday...what I have noticed is each system seems to have a different tool that strengthen the operator's control over the energy body here, say a lamen with a particular sigil or the ring of pele in enochian - the whole practice is almost psychedelic in nature, will comes into play when you accomplish what you set out to do here properly without drifting off or becoming entranced with amazement.

3. OBE / Astral View / Yetzirah Proper (The Six)

Perhaps your solar body proper, Ruach level of operation - you are in another, objective reality. All I can say is a proper belief system comes in handy here.

4. Unclassifiable / Briah / Lower Binah

You are in the womb. A type of surrender is necessary to enter, interestingly there are 3D mandelbrot videos that convey what this 'looks' like - but the experience cannot be conveyed in mundane language. - time, space, the sense of self are all thrown out the window here.

Edited by noonespecial
  • Like 1

Sorry I tried to use the quote proper, but this was easier, my replies in bold.

Hi Noonespecial,

My views have changed since I first wrote this, for a number of reasons. First, I have racked up more than a few flight hours since then (often aided by alchemical preparations). The nature of those experiences are varied and that has taught me much of practical importance. Most importantly however is that my pursuit of the Philosopher's Stone has proven to be at least somewhat fruitful and my understanding of these so-called "astral journeys" has deepened considerably.

Excellent.

Though it feels like a body, I am not at all sure it is a body in the usual sense (certainly not in the sense I understood it then). A projection or a structure within which consciousness may operate are closer to my current understanding. The body itself is nothing more than a point, unless one expects or needs it to be otherwise.

I use the term ‘body’ strictly out of convenience. However, you said a structure within the consciousness may operate, that sounds like a body.

Furthermore, I believe that the conventional understanding of "Yesod" as being a place or plane is fundamentally flawed. It does seem to share much in common with the nature of the physical world (including the ability for one to map it out and go different places), but ultimately my experience has been that this is primarily an exploration of the Unconscious. This is not to imply that I mean this so-called place is purely a subjective, personal thing. It is in fact personal proof of the opposite.

The Sefer Yetzirah states 10 Sefirah of NOTHINGNESS, what does that imply? Illusion, perhaps? Again all of these terms are just for the sake of convenience. What I described is what I like to call lower Yesod (for convenience sake again), it is not the unconscious, I can very much go outside, go upstairs, etc, etc. It is the dim view of matter detached from the physical vehicle.

I think that most of the "signposts" that people talk about (such as light) are personal representations. I suspect that my lunar world would be unrecognizable to you, yet for me, it is endlessly expressive and rich in meaning.

Perhaps a bit of misunderstanding, see above. The LIGHT I mentioned is not a signpost, it is LIGHT. As in physical light, coming from a light bulb, a candle, etc; yet viewed outside of the physical senses.  

That said, I have discovered that that expression - the so-called contents of Yesod - are dependent on something much more subtle and intelligent, a consciousness whose existence lies far beyond the suspicion of most. An intelligence which hides and even speaks but only if forced to (do not read this as evocation, for it is not).

Nice.

In that sense, Yesod is illusory because most people (including myself for a long time and certainly to some degree now) are fooled by its nature. But I am now touching on illumination, not astral travel.

Yes, this is the danger of the whole business we speak off, and why skepticism is of utmost import. Yet there is a healthy skepticism, and a dangerous, disrespectful skepticism that can wind up biting back.

Everything here is illusion. Every expectation we have, no matter how subtle and clever, is used against us in this place. If we believe it is a training ground, we will be presented with tests. If we believe it is hell, we will see demons. If we believe there are aliens out to get us, guess what we find there.

I would say just as illusory as any emotion or thought we experience in every day consciousness. The last portion I wholly agree with, these realms, or the intelligence behind the realms work with us, they adapt to our beliefs. Have you read Jaques Vallee by any chance?  

Maps and portals are some of the ingenious bars of this prison. A prison intended to hold those who have pierced the first veil of the illusion of separateness, the lie of the personal "I”.

YES! A map is just that…a map. I would even say adepts over the ages have set up intentionally misleading maps…ahem...I don’t know if you caught some of my other posts, where I bring up the notion of the archons, that is the Power of the 12 - and the difference between the Hermetic understanding and the Gnostic understanding, is the glass half full or half empty. Is life a prison or a school? I have reached no solid conclusions, and I probably won’t in this lifetime.

An example: Over a period of months, I found myself in this strange world, night after night in my childhood home. Darkness is everywhere and it takes me a long time to learn to produce a little light, to walk, to open a door without shrinking my consciousness into its very atoms. With long practice, I achieve all of these things. I leave my bedroom and I am back in my childhood home, back in the 1970s. The original rug is there, the purple flower couches. It is amazing.

I believe I am making progress. On a later trip, my mother walks into the kitchen and says something cryptic to me. I spend much time trying to understand this message. Still later, I attempt to walk out through the family room, but the way is barred by a massive steel door which I cannot move.

On another trip, this time aided by an alchemical product, I find myself in the kitchen. I draw a circle and begin to float... my power here seems to be growing. I walk into the other room and easily tear open the massive steel door. I walk out the front of my home and I fly up into the air. I intend to leave this world and go to the next, but I find myself floating in the beautiful cherry blossoms, spinning around in joy.

What a wonderful, beautiful series of events. The type of journey one could write a long book about.

And it's all an elaborate, intricate prison, intended to keep me in bondage. A fantasy for the mind, like the one the sprawling fields of humans inhabited in the movie, The Matrix.

It is all a lie, a damned lie, a poison which infects occultists and mystics and keeps them from ever attaining truth.

Dark nights frater, thank you for sharing.

In sustained travel it is essential to have a quiet mind and the fostering of neutrality is beyond worth.

You do not pack your bags and leave with all the baggage - much of the baggage needs to not exist.

Without this immediate identification rips one back.

Meditation brings finer vibration and allows for higher vibration and from this many things grow.

One can leave through the silver cord and you can also leave through the crown.

I remember once being completely outside of my body and in the hair on my head - with a very clear view of some 2-300 light bodies sitting in seats in front of me and in the rafters of the old church their were beautiful large beings watching the whole affair. I was fully aware, clearly outside of my body and sustained this with no problem for at least 45 minutes. I could move through the audience in a fraction of a second yet being with each individual.

I could not help but stare at the beautiful beings in the rafters as they stared unwaveringly at me.

The food you take in has an effect as well.

Practice does help - but overall it is also treacherous - lots of play in this area leads to lots of insanity - you should tread carefully.

People tend to leave all the doors open while they are working on this and open doors are enticing.

Meditation will create all of what you are looking for - the specifics of what you are looking for have some value - the neutrality has enormous value.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Hi UFA:

What do you assume there is any difference between the Unconscious and the so-called "objective world”?

Well, no need to get nitpicky...there is and there isn't. It takes a certain level of training to recognize the subconscious is always speaking, it takes more training to politely ignore it in indifference, another level of training to see it, and another to turn that sight off and on. 

I knew what you meant. But all in that world is but a representation, even the light. 

Believing in that world is one level of attainment. Disbelieving it is another. Yet a higher is to pierce its heart.

Ah piercing the heart, very poetic. Vivekananda said, "All the world is but a symbol," I love that quote, sums it all up succinctly.

Per chance just came by this, "Therefore I say to you, lord, that those who speak about things that are invisible and difficult to explain are like those who shoot their arrows at a target at night. To be sure, they shoot their arrows as anyone would since they shoot at the target but it is not visible. Yet when the light comes forth and hides the darkness, then the work of each will appear...Jesus said, "It is in light that light exists." 

- Book of Thomas the Contender.

To be more exact, they use our beliefs against us.

I don’t think its that simple. We were feeding prisoners to lions for entertainment less than 2000 years ago…now we watch football instead, lol...likewise women couldn’t vote and blacks had to drink from separate water fountains just last century. Although there is most definitely a vampiric, stagnant element involved in our world, there is progress as well. But I fully understand the cynicism, I go through it a couple times of month. When the intellectual side of the western path get a bit to much, a heavy dose of mental wu-wei does the job.

I confess to not being very well read in esoteric matters.

Really, you seem quite knowledgable?  Vallée is not an occult author, although what he writes of is related to all of the above. You should check him out if you can, at the very least he can provide fodder for your fiction, best of all he does not pretend to have answers. Dimensions is especially good.

Cheers! NOS

Edited by noonespecial
  • Like 1

i think astral projection is not related to energy body in any way

read the book, i am suggesting, it actually shatters your view of astral projection and reality

http://www.amazon.com/The-Phase-Shattering-Illusion-Reality/dp/1500578037

he calls astral projection, the phase

We are always in the phase. The difference is that in the waking state, the phase space is straight-jacketed and stabilized by the external sensory organs.

phase state follows the rules of quantum world, strange finding

so basically our senses are not just perceievers but they actually stablize this reality

in phase you shut the stablizers

its like there is a quantum world of possiblities, when you are awake you stabelize this world and what we get is our solid reality

but in phase we shut down our external sensors and enter the quatum world

• Like 3