Sign in to follow this  
EarthDragon

Qi Gong Noob

I suggest sticking with a solid routine as in the OP for a good solid twelve months before getting into things like neigong via book.

My thinking is that the most important elements in advanced practices are discipline and consistency. It's better to develop them first, otherwise you run a pretty high risk of either failing completely later on, or thinking that you've reached a level that you're miles away from.

• Like 4

cognisant of Soaring Crane's post above, I second the recommendation for Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong.... It contains the Ji Ben qi gong set which is a complete c.30min routine which should be performed regularly. The book is very clear on building a solid physical foundation, but also allows this to be put into the context of broader nei gong work.

• Like 1

well, nothing against Mitchell or against reading books, or expanding knowledge, but I think the routine posted in the OP is every bit as effective as the set described in the book, and the instruction is spot-on, imo.

But, regardless what I think, D Mitchell writes in the introduction of his book, "I ... come to realise that people move into Nei Gong training when the time is right for them. It is more of a calling than anything else."

So, the author's own suggestion seems to be that EarthDragon will follow his heart, with or without our input :-)

One last quibbling point from me:

I actually prefer Tom Bisio's "Decoding the Dao" for getting a clear understanding of the history, background and techniques of Daoist cultivation.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this