mdawoud

(possibly) front channel block

Dear friends,

I have been meditating for 4,5 years. After my first Vipassana 10-days session a year ago I have been experiencing energy-like phenomena that I did not know of before. Symptoms include the following and were present for some time, some were absent for a while and came up again:

- Spontainous jerks in different parts of the body

- Long periods of vivid and/or lucid dreaming

- Long periods of waking up at a certain time during the night

- Periods of waking up very energetic with only 5-6 hours of sleep needed

- Periods of waking up tired, even after 8 hours of sleep

- Feeling of energetic movement in the crown area

- Sometimes feeling hot energy in the body, from spine to crown, sometimes cold energy

Now I have been riding along this energy and have been enjoying it for a while. However, since my second Vipassana retreat last December the energy has been builiding up in my head very much. It came to a point in which I could not concentrate and felt disconnected with everything and everybody around me. When I did research on my symptoms I ran into "kundalini" and have been reading into that since then. My diagnose is that this is a "front channel block". From research I have succesfully followed two pieces of advice: 1) stop meditating, 2) practice spinal breathing with dialated throat.

Both of these have helped to some extent. But the energy is still not flowing freely and often builds up, making me loose touch with myself, creating brain fog, heavy fatigue, loss of concentration, difficulty falling asleep, loss of creativity, slow and inefficiënt verbal communication, etc. etc. etc.

I am dying to find methods to enable this energy to move freely through my body. First since when this energy builds up in my head, I am not able to be as loving, kind, and clear minded as I use to be. Second, currently I am leading a wonderful team in a tech-startup and really need my old social, productive, and creative me back, which is absent at this moment and this affects the jobs of my colleagues and me.

So long story short: I suspect to have a front channel block that disables me to live my life fully and would love to get to know tips and advise to cope with the blockage.

I would love to hear from those that have been in this situation and can point me towards a solution that would make everybody happy. Books, videos, practices, trainers, all is welcome.

With love,

Masi

With people speak of the kundalini symptoms, I just have to ask the same question: how often do you masturbate....???

At this moment, some weeks I do it a few times, some weeks I do not do it at all. I have had long periods of not indulging in any sensual pleasure (including masturbating) for a few months.

My I ask what is behind your question?

At this moment, some weeks I do it a few times, some weeks I do not do it at all. I have had long periods of not indulging in any sensual pleasure (including masturbating) for a few months.

My I ask what is behind your question?

The symptoms you had described were most happened to those who masturbated often.

I suffered from kundalini syndrome myself a couple of months ago. Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I made a video about it on Youtube if you'd like to see.

If you're able to, you need to ground yourself and release all that energy. Tai Chi helps this a ton. When I was experiencing it though I was unable to do Tai Chi because my hands would burn up and it would often lead to me having anxiety attacks. I had to stop meditating for months before I was able to start doing Tai Chi and a few months more until I started meditating again.

One thing they recommend is to go outside into the wilderness. It will help calm you down a ton and it'll help release the energy as well.

Look up the video Working with Kundalini Syndrome by empty0grace on Youtube. His video helped me when I was going through this ordeal. Be careful though and take care of yourself. If I ever feel like I am building up to my energy oftentimes in my head I just stop meditating. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Tbh I doubt it's kundalini, a lot of what people label kundalini just sounds like strong qi to me. Maybe you have qi stuck in your head?

Try standing up, feet shoulder width apart, and relaxing as much as you can. Breathe slowly, and on each exhale slowly scan your body down from your head to a few yards into the ground.

• Like 1

Just do descending vipassana for a while. Go from head to toes, then jump back to head etc. Include the point just behind the eyes if you haven't already. I find that's a big one for allowing the energy to drop. If you look at something then stop and relax your eyes it's the part that you feel let go that I'm talking about it. If you don't have that free flow that Goenka talks about then work out what it is that's stopping it. If you do then perhaps it's just on the outside and you need to go a bit deeper to investigate what's stuck.

Probably - activation of the channels due to meditation. In this case its better to practice Taijiquan (slow form).

Dear friends,

I have been meditating for 4,5 years. After my first Vipassana 10-days session a year ago I have been experiencing energy-like phenomena that I did not know of before. Symptoms include the following and were present for some time, some were absent for a while and came up again:

- Spontainous jerks in different parts of the body

- Long periods of vivid and/or lucid dreaming

- Long periods of waking up at a certain time during the night

- Periods of waking up very energetic with only 5-6 hours of sleep needed

- Periods of waking up tired, even after 8 hours of sleep

- Feeling of energetic movement in the crown area

- Sometimes feeling hot energy in the body, from spine to crown, sometimes cold energy

Now I have been riding along this energy and have been enjoying it for a while. However, since my second Vipassana retreat last December the energy has been builiding up in my head very much. It came to a point in which I could not concentrate and felt disconnected with everything and everybody around me. When I did research on my symptoms I ran into "kundalini" and have been reading into that since then. My diagnose is that this is a "front channel block". From research I have succesfully followed two pieces of advice: 1) stop meditating, 2) practice spinal breathing with dialated throat.

Both of these have helped to some extent. But the energy is still not flowing freely and often builds up, making me loose touch with myself, creating brain fog, heavy fatigue, loss of concentration, difficulty falling asleep, loss of creativity, slow and inefficiënt verbal communication, etc. etc. etc.

I am dying to find methods to enable this energy to move freely through my body. First since when this energy builds up in my head, I am not able to be as loving, kind, and clear minded as I use to be. Second, currently I am leading a wonderful team in a tech-startup and really need my old social, productive, and creative me back, which is absent at this moment and this affects the jobs of my colleagues and me.

So long story short: I suspect to have a front channel block that disables me to live my life fully and would love to get to know tips and advise to cope with the blockage.

I would love to hear from those that have been in this situation and can point me towards a solution that would make everybody happy. Books, videos, practices, trainers, all is welcome.

With love,

Masi

Definitely stop "spinal breathing" - I would throw it out of your recipe book entirely.

Do not worry about masturbation at all.

If you are aware of the lower dan Tien allow yourself to be there and not in the upper dan Tien - this will help the front channel problem and the whole head problem.

Stand in meditation with a large and healthy tree - this will help adjust your situation as well.

You should be able to find some good tree meditation info here.