Rara

Ice Bucket bail out...

I've been nominated. Ugh.

Best way of pulling out?

It's not like anyone will get the whole "waste of world water supplies, or "so I can be as narcissistic as you", or "ALS fund researchers that test on animals" arguments, right?

• Like 1

Best reason I think is that people that do it are giving in to peer pressure/bullying.

Why exactly should one be doused with ice for no convincing reason?

• Like 1

Best reason I think is that people that do it are giving in to peer pressure/bullying.

Well, Obama didn't do it so i don't see why you have to, if you don't want :D .

• Like 1

toss it over the back of your head,

and say mum taught me not to give in to peer pressure :lol:

• Like 2

toss it over the back of your head,

and say mum taught me not to give in to peer pressure :lol:

That would be amazing to film.

Say it aggressively like a WWE wrestler too. I like it :)

• Like 2

The rule is, you have to donate if you fail or want to pull out, or else I will think less of you

Rule of a game no one volunteered to enter...

I'm happy to be thought less of.

• Like 2

I feel we should have a crohns awareness challenge :). I will contact the FDA about acquiring me some salmonella infected chicken for everyone.

I know I shouldn't make light of a horrible condition, and it is awesome that people are aware of things, but I find it a tiny bit funny!

I have heard the water wasting argument many times, but we waste more than that watering our lawn once, or washing our car.

I think awareness is good; I think peer pressure is bad.

• Like 3

A simple "thank you, but no thanks?" :huh:Perhaps it depends if you have a public reputation to uphold.

I think we all do...at the risk of the mighty friend circle thinking I'm a horrible guy.

RE your chain mail comment, interesting. I took part in one of those last week because to me, the outcome was genuinely funny. No one else bothered to participate. Therefore, I don't see why this particular meme should be paid attention to. Just because Will Smith did it? Jeez.

• Like 1

I feel we should have a crohns awareness challenge :). I will contact the FDA about acquiring me some salmonella infected chicken for everyone.

I know I shouldn't make light of a horrible condition, and it is awesome that people are aware of things, but I find it a tiny bit funny!

I have heard the water wasting argument many times, but we waste more than that watering our lawn once, or washing our car.

I think awareness is good; I think peer pressure is bad.

Well, I don't have a lawn to mow nor a car to wash :)

• Like 2

Well, I don't have a lawn to mow nor a car to wash :)

Well, mow some elderly person's lawn for them and borrow a friend's car so you can wash it.

• Like 2

Maybe I'd balance out my concerns by filling a large cup up with water and ice, dumping it over my head and telling the camera, "Don't Waste water. Cure for ALS".

• Like 2

I've been nominated. Ugh.

Best way of pulling out?

It's not like anyone will get the whole "waste of world water supplies, or "so I can be as narcissistic as you", or "ALS fund researchers that test on animals" arguments, right?

Sod putting it off.

We want to see the pictures.

:)!

its not as bad as what my other buddy said :lol:

(a bit gross, so I spoiler'd it...)

he goes ya know what, I'm going to bring awareness to urinary incontinence, and start giving people....the piss bucket challenge

• Like 2

I think we all do...at the risk of the mighty friend circle thinking I'm a horrible guy.

Speak for yourself, not all of us. I long ago made a distinction between Friends and acquaintances. Your friends are people who care about you, your values and your personal integrity as much as you care about them, their values and their personal integrity, anyone else is just an acquaintance. Your friends are people who accept you as the person that you are and not people who want to you to be something else. Ask yourself if you want to give that much power over your actions to your acquaintances and if the answer is yes, then go right ahead, if the answer is no, then stand your ground.

• Like 6

its not as bad as what my other buddy said :lol:

(a bit gross, so I spoiler'd it...)

he goes ya know what, I'm going to bring awareness to urinary incontinence, and start giving people....the piss bucket challenge

My inner Beavis and Butthead just loved that one ;).

• Like 1

Speak for yourself, not all of us. I long ago made a distinction between Friends and acquaintances. .. the answer is no, then stand your ground.

Also, lets face it, this is internet fad/meme 101. It's cool and making the rounds now, but in a month, it'll be forgotten.

• Like 1

Well, mow some elderly person's lawn for them and borrow a friend's car so you can wash it.

Are you trying to get me to do your chores?

• Like 1

Speak for yourself, not all of us. I long ago made a distinction between Friends and acquaintances. Your friends are people who care about you, your values and your personal integrity as much as you care about them, their values and their personal integrity, anyone else is just an acquaintance. Your friends are people who accept you as the person that you are and not people who want to you to be something else. Ask yourself if you want to give that much power over your actions to your acquaintances and if the answer is yes, then go right ahead, if the answer is no, then stand your ground.

Thank you :)

Thank you :)

Also, lets face it, this is internet fad/meme 101. It's cool and making the rounds now, but in a month, it'll be forgotten.

Yeah I thought this.

If I keep my head down (for I was nominated on Facebook...I could always pretend I never logged in) people will forget very quickly.

Like all things Tao, best NOT shouting my response/opinion at the top of my lungs :)

I went through a long period where I used to take cold baths and I must say that I found them most invigorating.

This Ice Bucket Challenge however smacks too much of the school playground for my liking. I also dislike being coerced into giving to charity.

• Like 5

Out of context but you have reminded me to man up and do this more voluntarily for my own good!

• Like 1