LBDaoist

Tai Chi Swords - Southern California

I want to obtain some of my own swords, both single and double, practice and legitimately sharp swords.

Can anyone provide any leads? I need to go somewhere that I can test the various lengths, weights and balance on various blades.

Thanks in advance.

I want to obtain some of my own swords, both single and double, practice and legitimately sharp swords.

Can anyone provide any leads? I need to go somewhere that I can test the various lengths, weights and balance on various blades.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the legetimately sharp swords but you can try Chinatown in Los Angeles.

• Like 1

Good luck with that one. But then, in California you might be able to find a couple.

Everything I bought was off the internet, sight unseen.

However, I was never disappointed with anything I bought. I even bought two pair replica double edge swords from Mainland China and was satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately none of those vendors have a physical presence in Southern California.

For those of you who train with a sword, how did you determine what length you needed?

I only have access to two swords. One of them I know for certain is too long. I suppose if all else fails, I can just get one an inch or two shorter than that one.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately none of those vendors have a physical presence in Southern California.

For those of you who train with a sword, how did you determine what length you needed?

I only have access to two swords. One of them I know for certain is too long. I suppose if all else fails, I can just get one an inch or two shorter than that one.

Just be sure the sword doesn't touch the ground when you make a righthand circular move.

There many selections in LA Chinatown. That is where I got my Taiji sword.

Edited by ChiDragon