manitou

Heredity and Karma

I woke up with a concept on my mind this morning.

When we develop as fetuses, the input we receive - other than our issuance of a perfectly enlightened spirit - is that of heredity, of genetics. Of course our perfectly enlightened spirit starts deteriorating the moment we start getting less-than-enlightened input from our well-meaning parents and teachers.

But it occurs to me that the hereditary traits are nothing more than crystallized karma from our ancestors. This, to me, explains how everything is actually Here and Now. Our ancestors are physically within us all the time - or the essence of their lives, the concentration of their experiences. This is passed to us through the genes.

Each generation has an opportunity to change the karma of not only themselves, but also the (seemingly) past actions of our ancestors. I've certainly read this before in books, but never actually had the Aha! until this morning. Must've been a dream I don't remember.

What an odd and yet wonderful system this is. And how very brilliant. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

• Like 5

That definitely lines up with everything I have read, and a few things I have experienced :).

*grumble* darn ancestors should have cultivated more *grumble* (joking)

• Like 4

This applies not only to ancestors, i think. Someone mentioned to me once that every emotional energetic reaction, no matter how light, leaves a trace. For eg, say someone triggers some subtle emotional seed around Hitler, (name used simply for illustrative purposes) - this creates energetic dna stored in the universal storehouse consciousness, waiting for the right accumulative conditions before another similar form eventually takes birth, either here or in some other plane. The theory is that nothing dies, and everything is just in one big gestative cycle, until the proverbial enlightening ground is reached, then one is removed from the washing, so to speak.

I sort of had a similar 'vision' back around 98/99. I even drew up a roughish diagram to help (me) explore the theory of how beings' minds are constantly evolving and recycling, on non-stop spin, until one by one, over many lifetimes, all reach the field of so-called liberated non-returners. Prior to this final stage would be the once-returners, which in my lingo are the bodhisattvas who attains a kind of semi-liberative state whereby they can traverse all the planes if they so choose, to help others get a glimpse or a recollection of the original pure ground where cyclical rebirth does not penetrate. Or something to this effect anyways.

These days i dont really ponder such things much, so im afraid this is about all i can contribute. Very interesting all the same. :)

• Like 2

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :)

Not the apples, but the seeds doth travel a bit, usually by hitching rides. ^_^

Said it before.

You'll not get many or any apples if growing from apple seeds.

If you want productive apple trees those have to be grafted onto a good root stock.

Good root stock = Good fruit.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Said it before.

You'll not get many or any apples if growing from apple seeds.

If you want productive apple trees those have to be grafted onto a good root stock.

Good root stock = Good fruit.

There are countless 'wild' fruit-bearing apple trees all over England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man... would these all have been grafted too, in your opinion?

There are countless 'wild' fruit-bearing apple trees all over England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man... would these all have been grafted too, in your opinion?

Look for a graft and then you will know if it is a hybrid.

Hi Manitou

The Seth Material talks about what you've discovered at some length. The universe exists in the mode of time and space; the Body exists in the mode of the Present. Our bodies have the whole depth of the universe which we discover once we learn to be present.

And yes, the 'past' can be re-written through the point of power that is the present. All we have to do is to stop feeding past stories and replace them with different explanations for our present situation. The changes will follow suit in the very cells of our bodies. We change our ancestry!

• Like 1