Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Spinal breath and sushumna

Found this here 'http://www.swamij.com/bindu.htm' and thought I would share it with you. From what I have read there is some well written in depth info here.

:

Spinal breath and sushumna: One of the simplest of all methods to purify the chakras and open sushumna is the spinal breath practice. While the Bhuta Shuddhi exercise presented above is very useful, this spinal breath practice is very straightforward and does not require memorizing any steps or relationships with the chakras (the two practices are quite compatible, and both can be done).

This practice is so utterly simple that it seems to many people that it is not a good enough practice. Because of this simplicity, it is seldom done often enough or regularly enough to consistently experience its profound effects.

Lie on the back in shavasana, the corpse posture, and literally try to be as still as a corpse, and gently inhale up along the spine to the crown of the head, and exhale down to either the base of the spine or out into the space beyond; a tremendous effect will come in time.

The pause between the breaths is completely eliminated (gently), and as it becomes smoother and smoother, the breath will naturally slow.

When breath slows to around four to five breaths per minute (10-15 seconds per breath), mind will become calm and the body will quite nicely relax.

When the breath slows to around two or three breaths per minute (20-30 seconds per breath), mind will become very still, without any words forming, and body awareness will become subtle.

As breath naturally (not forced) slows to anywhere near about 45-60 seconds per breath or slower, one is at the doorway to experiencing pure energy of prana, and the sushumna channel will most assuredly be flowing smoothly.

From here, the stage is set for deeper experiences. To do this practice effectively takes patience and getting past the inclination of the mind or ego to have some complex or technically difficult practice.

∞

• Like 3

Anyone felt a cold fire sensation when doing this?

I think people feel different things depending on their current energy state. I just get this cool breeze blowing out the top of my head.

I looked spinal breathing up as I am getting cracking sounds/feelings inside my head like something is forcing its way through to my crown. As someone said somewhere on this TTB it's probably my 'bandwidth' being upgraded. SFQ is great, love it!

The web is so amazing and information is so available :-)

∞

I think people feel different things depending on their current energy state. I just get this cool breeze blowing out the top of my head. I looked spinal breathing up as I am getting cracking sounds/feelings inside my head like something is forcing its way through to my crown. As someone said somewhere on this TTB it's probably my 'bandwidth' being upgraded. SFQ is great, love it! The web is so amazing and information is so available :-) ∞

Popping/cracking is good.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this