C T

Feedback please! Intention to initiate a group study on Buddhist Ethics.

Just mulling over this idea, thought i'd put it out here to see if there are any interests at all? Non-Buddhists are more than welcome to participate - no exclusions planned.

The topic at hand is what im currently reading/studying based on Jamgon Kongtrul's The Treasury of Knowledge (Book 5).

:)

• Like 3

I will be very interested in this eventually, since understanding the intricacies of all of the vows is pretty challenging for an outsider like me. This book has been on my Amazon wishlist for like a year now.

• Like 2

Just mulling over this idea, thought i'd put it out here to see if there are any interests at all? Non-Buddhists are more than welcome to participate - no exclusions planned.

The topic at hand is what im currently reading/studying based on Jamgon Kongtrul's The Treasury of Knowledge (Book 5).

:)

Looks his books up... see you all in a few months! ;)

I apologise for not making clear that purchasing the book is not a requirement.

The intention was that a key passage will be extracted every few days to be inserted here, and whoever's 'signed up' with interest to participate can reflect and discuss as appropriate.

Perhaps every Monday?

Anyone can participate but all posts/comments/questions have to be subject-related. This will stem unnecessary deviations.

Edited by C T
  • Like 4

Thanks for the interest shown thus far. Looks like its going to take off from Monday next!

• Like 1

Looks like one copy of book five avail on open library, I ususally only do ebooks so Im not sure whether they 'deliver' physical copies.

WorldCat looks like it has four copies to get through library

Edited by Stosh

Great idea CT.

I would love to take part in this, count me in also.

Thank you for the interest, Adept. Looking forward to your participation! :)

Its already been initiated in the new Buddhist study section. Early days yet, so its not too late to catch up. So far, only the introductory pages are being covered, lagging behind a bit due to time constraint.

I feel this is a good foundational study for anyone who wants to understand or assess why the Buddhist path places quite some emphasis on Right View, which forms the very foundation that supports self-liberation through applying the Noble Eightfold Path as taught by the Buddha. Buddhist ethics is directly connected in the development of Right View, which is basically why this particular subject was chosen.

emaho!