Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

anybody here take adaptogen supplements ?

I'm thinking about adding this thing to the laundry list of supplements I'm taking:

http://www.gaiaherbs.com/products/detail/5/Adrenal-Health-

Would this help with stress ? Its got holy basil and ashwagandha. My new job is stressful as fuck (and no, quitting is not an option). I do fine on the weekends and on days where I don't have to do much but if I have important events coming up I have problems. Last night I couldn't sleep at all because I had something important to do today, my head kept racing and of course that kundalini thing flared up once again.

I take lots of adaptogens. I personally am not a fan of buying pre-made stacks from supplement companies. I prefer to try one herb in isolation and experiment with that one herb for a while before I add anything else. Quality is paramount. Gaia is a good company but I would recommend trying Holy Basil or Ash first, then deciding which is best. I take Ash at night because it's sedating. For day stress I find Rhodiola incredible but stimulating at higher doses. The only instance in which stacks are good is if I trust the specific herbalist who put the stack together. The man behind Host Defense- Paul Stamets knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

If you are interested in a stress stack I would recommend Adapt 232 by the Swedish Herbal Institute. It was designed for astronauts who were under a tremendous amount of stress and who were sleep deprived. I have used it to great effect and it's only stack I use. Everything else for the most part I customize based on my needs.

ok thx dude i wish i saw your post earlier i bought some of that adrenal supp from Gaia earlier today... hopefully it will work.

I take ashawaghanda, red and white panax...I spose they work...also, you can take a bunch of immune boosters like cordyceps sinensis, maitake, etc...I like to rotate them...find a big list of adaptogens and take a few at a time...your body gets used to them after a while, so give it a break and let it reset...also, for stress, use GABA, L-theanine, etc.

So many to chose from. I tend to be value oriented. Instead of looking for the best, what gives good value and is under appreciated?

What do you consider best adaptogen bang for the money?

I can't tell what is best yet. I also take an herb called Fo Ti, I just put my faith in them and make sure to get regular blood tests to make sure that my system can handle it

Sign in to follow this