Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Astrology question

Can anyone tell me or point me to a source of who first annotated the astrological decans with planetary associations (symbols) in the 'Chaldean order' ;

decans-chaldean-02.jpg

The decans themselves were originally Egyptian. they had 'star clocks' based on the decan stars which marked out the hours of the night.

sc5008af18.gif

• Like 1

Isn't astrology so complex? Aside from decans that are also responsible for the varied traits of people under the same zodiac sign, there are also the degrees that is responsible for your fate.

There are actually more divisions. In classical astrology, you have the steps (half-signs), the (seemingly) irregular terms, and the twelve subdivisions of a sign measuring 2½° each. Vedic astrology has even more such subdivisions.

I read that 0 and 29 degrees of any sign are karmic.

The whole chart is "karmic" insofar it reflects your past incarnations (positive and negative aspects thereof).

Especially the 29th degree. It makes the native prone to misfortune. I can attest to that.

I don't really agree that any placements are unfortunate per se. For example, Einstein and Tesla both had their Mercury in conjunction with Saturn, and in a cosmic state that would make you assume that they were imbeciles rather than two of the greatest scientific minds in history. But yes, astrology is complex, and so many factors enter the picture.

I would say that some placements are more challenging than others. But it's most important to understand that what you make out of your chart is up to you. And sometimes, the greater the challenge, the more formidable the potential reward.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Wow, I think I would just concentrate on learning the terms that I hear and come across on astrology forums. I googled "2 and a half signs" and I found nothing related. What do you exactly call those divisions?

You should have googled for two and a half degrees of a sign (that's what the elevated little circle is meant to convey). They're called dwadasamas.

See

http://www.internationalastrologers.com/dwadasama.htm

These are the degrees that I'm talking about: http://horoscopespot.net/category/signs/pisces/days-pisces/

Just find your zodiac sign in there. I'm a Pisces Sun with 29.07 degrees and what it says is quite accurate. Just google "anaretic degrees" for more info regarding the karmic degrees.

I do know the basic idea. I just don't like calling these degrees "karmic."

Sign in to follow this