Songtsan

I am looking for a Teacher

Does this mean I won't have to see your stupid quotes attributed to me sprayed around the web anymore? hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahaa!!

You would be better served by sitting on a pole in a hole without a goal to suit your soul while you eat coal on a stale roll.❤︎

I spose so ;)

I always did want to learn the trick of eating hot coals without burning my mouth though...

His way is obstructed. He must learn to persevere alone.

its not obstructed, I am just impatient and disorganized...

sometimes formal systems, or formal discipleships are speedier...one has a sense of comradeship or family, but this has been my whole problem from the get go - being dependent on having others to motivate me..

fuck dat sheeit den

I'd say create your own reality. If you want a teacher badly enough do a prayer or a working for the right one to come your way/you to find them :). It works really well!

• Like 1

If you seek a teacher that will oblige your desire for rapid growth you are seeking a poor teacher.

Some students with "head up their ass syndrome" (HUTAS) require the opposite in order to rectify the problem of echoes coming from deep within.

HUTAS! Lol. Classic. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

its not obstructed, I am just impatient and disorganized...

sometimes formal systems, or formal discipleships are speedier...one has a sense of comradeship or family, but this has been my whole problem from the get go - being dependent on having others to motivate me..

fuck dat sheeit den

Also there are different teachers with different teaching styles (and some even adapt depending on the needs of the student (notice I didn't say wants lol).

Hmmm, I just thought about it. I have been training under my current magic teacher for 10 years now! :) Sometimes you just get a good match. Before that though not as long, and there have been a couple of really bad ones which I fortunately didn't stay that long with (even though I was new at the time).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I love how I openly offer people the keys to all the traditional skillsets, but explained by physical and scientific means... and no one wants it, lol. It's hilarious. And it's why Laotzu said that the fool laughs at Tao. Understanding it requires a paradigm shift that most people think they've had, but actually haven't. Unless you're totally surprised at the re-interpretation of all the information you've already acquired, you're not doing it right. Everything should change, yet stay the same. And, if real, it will defy all your expectations and inferences. It... ISN'T... what you think. And it is even mundane and disappointing, which is why so many people ultimately reject the truth: they don't like it. It needs jazzed up. It needs magical energies and mystical states of transcendence and god-like consciousness... or it just isn't good enough. It just isn't fun enough. And it doesn't hold their attention.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, from my perspective), if you want badass Taiji superpowers... you're gonna need to dispense with the bullshit first.

• Like 2

Much of what we consider magical or mystical could potentially be understood as science. But that's only the outlook of the rationalistic left hemisphere of the brain (Yang). If you make an absolute out of it, well, that's the left hemisphere claiming all the credit for itself.

This is basically the stand taken by many modern scientists; they dream of finding a TOE (Theory Of Everything) soon. Despite the fact that they can't explain what about 90% of the universe is made of. But surely, it's only a matter of building an even bigger particle accelerator, or an even stronger space telescope...

Contrary to this, I believe that the more we understand, the more new questions will be raised, and the more will the mystery deepen. Will there ever be an end to it? Maybe not. Maybe even the most evolved entities don't have all the answers. Except that consciousness which abides in Infinity...

The more we learn, the more we will stand in awe in front of the mysteries of creation.

And that's the perspective of the mystical right hemisphere of the brain (Yin).

In other words:

As mysticism becomes more scientific, science becomes more mystical.

• Like 3

I love how I openly offer people the keys to all the traditional skillsets, but explained by physical and scientific means... and no one wants it, lol. It's hilarious. And it's why Laotzu said that the fool laughs at Tao. Understanding it requires a paradigm shift that most people think they've had, but actually haven't. Unless you're totally surprised at the re-interpretation of all the information you've already acquired, you're not doing it right. Everything should change, yet stay the same. And, if real, it will defy all your expectations and inferences. It... ISN'T... what you think. And it is even mundane and disappointing, which is why so many people ultimately reject the truth: they don't like it. It needs jazzed up. It needs magical energies and mystical states of transcendence and god-like consciousness... or it just isn't good enough. It just isn't fun enough. And it doesn't hold their attention.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, from my perspective), if you want badass Taiji superpowers... you're gonna need to dispense with the bullshit first.

nicely said.

• Like 1

Much of what we consider magical or mystical could potentially be understood as science. But that's only the outlook of the rationalistic left hemisphere of the brain (Yang). If you make an absolute out of it, well, that's the left hemisphere claiming all the credit for itself.

This is basically the stand taken by many modern scientists; they dream of finding a TOE (Theory Of Everything) soon. Despite the fact that they can't explain what about 90% of the universe is made of. But surely, it's only a matter of building an even bigger particle accelerator, or an even stronger space telescope...

Contrary to this, I believe that the more we understand, the more new questions will be raised, and the more will the mystery deepen. Will there ever be an end to it? Maybe not. Maybe even the most evolved entities don't have all the answers. Except that consciousness which abides in Infinity...

The more we learn, the more we will stand in awe in front of the mysteries of creation.

And that's the perspective of the mystical right hemisphere of the brain (Yin).

In other words:

As mysticism becomes more scientific, science becomes more mystical.

The current scientific majority accepts a Quantum Field Theory that is a mathematical exercise and does not operate in the real world. This has been known for nearly a century, and everyone from Einstein to Sagan were large critics of the "Universe is the only thing there is" theory, as opposed to the "Universe exists inside a vast nothingness," theory. Black holes, wormholes, etc... are all mathematical exercises that are not real. Einstein himself said that nature wouldn't allow a singularity to be formed like this, but that something called a "black body" was actually what was happening, which simply absorbs light. But it doesn't tear some hole in space-time.

All of this can be looked at at one of my favorite sites, SpaceAndMotion.com. Check it out.

Either way, the point was that with our current paradigm, it is constantly necessary to CHANGE the theory itself for the continuous exceptions to the rules. Whereas, any sound scientific theory SHOULD PREDICT outcomes, not be so completely thrown off by them that new and special math and branches of the theory must be invented to maintain it.

What really blows your all's minds, though... is that the miracle IS THE MUNDANE. You all look for more, when more stares you in the face. There is no magic, no special states. Or rather, everyone forgets JUST HOW SPECIAL where we are right now actually is. The strangeness of this world far exceeds most ability to comprehend it. It only seems mundane because people have acclimated to it, and know nothing else. The miracle is now. The magic is science. Stop looking for answers outside of this endless recycling of energy in wave-states, stated as reality by Tao, and now confirmed by our own empirical methods.

What else is there to want? You already live in the land of sacred life and one-energy. Truly, the forest isn't seen for the trees.

• Like 4

I'd say create your own reality. If you want a teacher badly enough do a prayer or a working for the right one to come your way/you to find them :). It works really well!

I used a Voodoo doll to find the perfect Martial Arts class for me. Fast forward a few weeks and I'm learning Karate in a park for 5 bucks a class...kickass. Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 2

I believe in science and that most old descriptions of why things worked were due to limited information...so I think we are already on the same page...

I think all religions, metaphysics, science, etc. will tend towards convergence as time goes on. I don't care so much how something is explained, as long as their are results from the practice.

Edited by Songtsan

I am a Fool!

I already have an incarnate teacher who is within my being....I have often attributed the teachings of this one to being that of either delusions, thought constructs, or astral entities playing games, but it has become apparent to me just now that I am in fact being guided when it is needed or on some type of schedule...

Case closed.

• Like 1

I am a Fool!

I already have an incarnate teacher who is within my being....I have often attributed the teachings of this one to being that of either delusions, thought constructs, or astral entities playing games, but it has become apparent to me just now that I am in fact being guided when it is needed or on some type of schedule...

Case closed.

I discovered this muscle testing technique...one could say it's an excellent way to obtain answers from ones inner intellgence, or inner teacher. I've been basing my decisions largely on the answers I've received from this inbuilt pendulum for about a year now and, although I've found myself in some very risky/shady situations, I've actually come a LOOOONNNNG long way in that time.

http://www.astrostar.com/Divination-Psychic.htm

P.S A warning: Going off the answers you get with this technique can really be challenging...forget about logic - don't let it get in the way - but, and other people say this as well, the longer you use it, the clearer a more authentic, arguably Divine path for you becomes.

Unseen_Abilities

• Like 1

No matter who you pick to teach you anything be it a fool or a wise one, you are bound to learn something hopefully unless you a louzy teacher to your self.

:)

my modus operandi actually - learn from everyone and everything...keep knowledge in the back pocket, not in the hand...random scattergories

So I am basically lacking self-sufficiency - I want someone to motivate me....thing is that I am currently trying to motivate and teach like 3-4 other individuals - so my energy is spread thin. We learn by teaching however.

I am of middlin' rank.

I want an adept to pull me onwards.

When I become an adept, in intend to pull herds of folks onwards....this is coming from someone, who in this life, had half-ass help at best and learned to half-ass help himself to compensate.

Half-assedness! It's what's for dinner. At least right now.

:)

Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee in St. Peters Square.

The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic man says very proudly, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men give her a subtle, "Well .........?"

She proudly replies, "I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38" DD bust, 24" waist and 34" hips.
When she walks into a room, everybody says, "Oh My God."

• Like 1