Songtsan

I am looking for a Teacher

If you are here and you know me well enough to see my potential, and you have the time and inclination to teach, and you think yourself way more 'refined,' 'elevated,' 'experienced,' 'realized,' etc. than me and you think you can handle me, I would like to be led. I am tired, at this time, of thinking I know what's best for me, and would like someone to shape me. I am starting to feel very malleable.

I post this here so it can be easily seen, but I don't really think this thread needs much reply...I imagine that the person I seek would have a strong and overwhelming confidence and willingness to extend their energy, knowing that I am good on paying it forwards or backwards..

PMs welcome

What enables you to seek outside of yourself for a teacher to teach you about your self? No other individual can enable you to realize your self other than your own self.

"...and you think yourself way more 'refined,' 'elevated,' 'experienced,' 'realized,' etc. than me and you think you can handle me...", by Songtsan

If you come across someone like that I suggest you run not walk, :o besides such cultish like relationships won't really work will they? In one sense and as human beings all we have is the dharma and if trying to follow the dharma doesn't bring us the teachings (aka teachers) that we need then try again, and again - for at some point and or at all points dharma/karma will respond although it may not be in the way we had in mind. And in the meantime, well the same still applies does it not?

You don't know how lucky you are to be living in the US.

There are seriously high calibre teachers in the US, and so many opportunities to learn.

A worthwhile teacher will probably never respond to your request, but perhaps only a teacher that can teach you the sort of lessons you need to learn at this stage.

A good teacher will want to see self-drive, deep yearning and a willingness to work hard and independently, before they will spend any real effort on you.

Speaking for myself, I don't see the need to bother a teacher for the next 5 years at least, because really, all the instructions you could ever want is a couple of clicks away. It's really up to me to do the work.

Have I meditated at least 2 hours today?

Did I do at least an hour of Qigong today?

Did I perform an hour of selfless service today?

Something I posted before:

I live in South Africa, studying full-time at university, no income. I've been dreaming of taking Stillness-Movement seminars, Wang Liping seminars, Steven Sadleir retreats, and Damo Mitchell retreats. We're talking about at least $1500 just to get me there, before even talking about the seminar or subsistence costs. Fancy that +$3000 Wang Liping retreat cost.

Africa is a spiritual wasteland, it is only once in a blue-moon that we get a real master to visit us. I have yet to attend a worthwhile internal alchemy seminar in South Africa, never seen one even advertised.

Yet, every day I sit at Yoganandas feet as I read his unequalled metaphysical elucidations on the Bible, drinking in his spiritual vibrations and savouring his every illuminating word. Every day I journey with Wang Liping and his ancient wayfaring teachers deep into a wintery wonderland, over hilltops, through rolling fields, witnessing his sparkling diamond skin as he cultivates in the shine of the moonlight. Often I sit with Peter Meech in Dr. Chow's office, catching chi and circulating the heavenly orbits, and laughing at Dr. Chow's mannerisms.

In the cold dark of the night, when all have gone to sleep, I dance in the oceans of chi during Gift of Tao practice, after doing some stretching with Roni Edlund on Youtube. Then on my carpet I settle down for Stillness-Movement and usher in Hu Yao Zhen, Wang Juemin, Lahiri Mahasaya, Pranabananda and Michael Lomax.

Maybe one day I will get to meet a teacher in the flesh, but perhaps that's just a luxury.

• Like 4

If you type in a list of systems that you are interested in I could possibly do a divination to see what each of them offers you and also what is most suited to your as an individual.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Their are many loner's here at TTBs and so the recommendations / leanings to go it alone are quite high but finding a good group and teacher should not be too hard.

The advantages of a group - often the larger the better - are numerous.

Many activities, many teachers, many opportunities and group dynamics such as seeing your personality banging about in your space as you are learning neutrality, patience, good manners and simple watching and listening.

You cannot hide in groups as easily - and your fellow students cannot either - you will learn from each other, transform faster.

At this particular time it is very exciting to be in many of the larger teachings - students are waking up at unprecedented levels all over the globe.

You will find politicking going on in every school in this universe - and you will find that same politicking going on in your own universe.

You can rise above it faster within a group - it is just a step and nothing more - perhaps the one that leads to awakening.

You will grow faster, stronger and more balanced within a group and rise according to your abilities - the whole teaching will see you and you need not worry about a good teacher seeing you. In a good school the most ardent students are always noticed and help is everywhere.

During the first few years your main objective is to learn some semblance of "silence" - a modicum of patience and simply putting the lid on your various personalities. All the while learning other basics - by the third or forth year your "basics" will appear pretty advanced and the is a critical time: it is when most leave a teaching thinking they have gone a very long way or they get married and leave.

It is generally after the third or fourth year that you should realize you are finally ready to start the journey - clearly recognizing that you truly know nothing - you have the tools to explore nothingness now - and you are ready to die with those tools.

If you are one of the very few to reach this point - then your teacher will be there for you - whether it is your current teacher or a new one.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5

It's good to have the counsel of someone you think might have achieved what you want to achieve. Note the word, "counsel", though...it implies that you still make the decisions regarding yourself. You are the King, or the CEO, of your life, and only you are responsible for it. You consider what they say prior to implementing it...rather than just allowing them to mold you into whatever they see fit. Everyone has a different perception of what's best.

Sometimes placing trust and a bit of blind faith in a teacher is necessary, but it's important to maintain control over yourself. If things work, then it's good, but if it's off, then you ask the teacher about it or maybe even ditch them. If they're good, they will likely respect your individuality. You will never want to hand over all of yourself and your free will to another person, even if they're the greatest person alive, because only you have your best interests in mind...and this is your life. But it's really good to have a teacher and in person guide...in some traditions, necessary.

Edited by Aetherous

I am doing OK by myself, but oh how I wish there was a bad ass motherfucker who I could train with - someone who I naturally respected because the gestalt of their gnosis and attainments was way beyond me and they knew it. I know that there are individuals out there who could peer into my mindself and see where I am at and know what I needed to do.

I have great intent to burn...but I have no one who I interact with on a close level who could elevate me with their very presence whether near or far.

I don't care about attaining peace and contentment, equanimity and bliss! I want to grow up and do some shit other than feel comfortable with my selvies. I want to use my not so hidden desire to be a MahaSiddha to recreate myself. I must have had many teachers in past lives because I understand everything easily, and I have access to many wicked smart demons and angels who are willing to trade knowledge for a taste of my essence, and so I continue as I am, but a real world teacher in the flesh is a very great motivator.

Someone who could cut my ego in half I would bow down to. I think I've scared away half the bums already with my desire to burn.

Wrathful deities tend to burn themselves out over the long haul - it takes a lot of energy to wear a jacket of flames! Anyone have a wind-water net to catch and control a Yang Fire dragon who seeks redemption through the easy death of insanity?

Who can do dis ting mon?

I need a strong Water Adept

I am not so humble, yet I am ready to be humbled at the same time.

Just putting it out there - here in the noosphere, there is the aesthersphere, astral plane, whatever!

Wish I had the money to go train with B.K. Frantzis or somesuch...

E-training?

Discipline, adherence, subtlety, control, lineage...

tired of being a maverick...I would like to belong to a school of something or other that has a tradition....but I want it to be fierce and internal martial arts related. Nothing in my area as far as I can tell...I am checking out a Preying Mantis gongfu group soon, but I would like someone who has developed great compassion, great energy control, and who could teach me through esoteric versus verbal/physical plane means...

someone with great Shakti, who could extend theirs into mine and merge subtle bodies so as to teach rapid.

A Mahasiddha would be nice...gotta be one somewhere.

I probably haven't earned my stripes yet, but the intent will drive me to the brink soon I hope.

Edited by Songtsan

If you seek a teacher that will oblige your desire for rapid growth you are seeking a poor teacher.

Some students with "head up their ass syndrome" (HUTAS) require the opposite in order to rectify the problem of echoes coming from deep within.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Did you ever practice any of the stuff in the Bagua vids I sent you? ;)

I actually lost the vids - couldnt find them when I went to look for them....I am doing a lot of spontaneous stuff - I will film myself so you can see what happens...

Songtsan

The Truth is bad-ass (so to speak and as you most likely already know) so I suggest forgetting any limits you are apparently putting on it and take it any way you can find it! (since when can us beggars be choosy?)

Btw, any Mahasiddha worth two-cents has Truth which includes Love, or has been fully tested by Truth and Love - and such can easily and correctly as needed cut an ego in half and quarters, etc.. Thus if our burning desire is for Truth it will find a way to teach us. (per related laws)

I'd say that some glorious idea about mahasiddha will bring a letdown when or if a real one comes hidden in non-glorious form that is not good enough or exciting enough for us. Glory belongs to Source, no other can really claim it as their own which is what ego would try to do.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 3

Songtsan,

The best advice I have to offer you is to take a Bach Flower Remedies combination containing:

• Cerato - Enhances the contact with your intuition (the teacher within)
  • Wild Oat - Helps to seek out the way that suits you best (out of several options)
  • Rock Water - Allows you to relax and let the things you need for your further development simply happen
  • Vervain - Helps to use your raciness in constructive ways

That's my two cents.

I wouldn't be giving away power so much as testing an 'other led' method for a period of time - I would be able to sense if it was fruitful I think. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have faith in someone else - which probably means I don't have enough faith in myself. Solitary practice sometimes seems agonizingly slow. I think that having a high level teacher has always been a fantasy of mine, perhaps idealistic. Perhaps I just read too many stories...it could just be another Maya-born wish - a projected ideal of being 'saved'....possibly even lower nature derived desire to let go and surrender...It'll probably end in naught, like most of my desires. Maybe I will just take empowerments or initiations or something..It may just be social in nature.

I'll put it on the back burner.

If you are here and you know me well enough to see my potential, and you have the time and inclination to teach, and you think yourself way more 'refined,' 'elevated,' 'experienced,' 'realized,' etc. than me and you think you can handle me, I would like to be led. I am tired, at this time, of thinking I know what's best for me, and would like someone to shape me. I am starting to feel very malleable.

I post this here so it can be easily seen, but I don't really think this thread needs much reply...I imagine that the person I seek would have a strong and overwhelming confidence and willingness to extend their energy, knowing that I am good on paying it forwards or backwards..

PMs welcome

Info here...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=when+the+student+is+ready+the+teacher+will+appear&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=dA75U_i5Har54QTV94DACw&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q7Ak&biw=1024&bih=644

Hope that helps.

:)

Does this mean I won't have to see your stupid quotes attributed to me sprayed around the web anymore? hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahaa!!

You would be better served by sitting on a pole in a hole without a goal to suit your soul while you eat coal on a stale roll.❤︎

• Like 1

I could give you everything you want to know about the internal arts, and how to perform each of the skillsets. But I've got news for you, I'll be damned if I teach anyone the "old way" about Chi and all that nonsense. That's a fantasy my man. You're trying to live in a reality that never actually existed.