Nungali

An unusual place

to live ... or just generally ... south of Hotan ;

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@36.309695,79.91988,3416a,20y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3

I am not sure how old the buildings are . The river is very unusual ( start to zoom out ) it curves around a large enclosed 'mini' - desert basin and keeps going through deep eroded canyons, to another settlement with caves or steep cliffs on the river side. Further still, to another settlement, they are all like desert river deltas . Then further on to the mountains.

Two sources and no outlet :) ... somewhere in the middle of the large 'oasis' (?) or the 'caves' it might drain into the earth and sand or evaporate.

The whole area is enclosed, as you see, zooming out.

In the middle of the 'enclosure' (the desert) there is a mine ... whatever is going on there :unsure:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

to live ... or just generally ... south of Hotan ;

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@36.309695,79.91988,3416a,20y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3

I am not sure how old the buildings are . The river is very unusual ( start to zoom out ) it curves around a large enclosed 'mini' - desert basin and keeps going through deep eroded canyons, to another settlement with caves or steep cliffs on the river side. Further still, to another settlement, they are all like desert river deltas . Then further on to the mountains.

Two sources and no outlet :) ... somewhere in the middle of the large 'oasis' (?) or the 'caves' it might drain into the earth and sand or evaporate.

The whole area is enclosed, as you see, zooming out.

In the middle of the 'enclosure' (the desert) there is a mine ... whatever is going on there :unsure:

On the Marco Polo historic trail. If we lived in a Peaceful World, hiking or cycling the Silk Road would be awesome adventure.

• Like 2

Marco Polo Route ... ? ? ?

Just east of Samarkand is Sarazm , a world heritage archeology site which dates back to the 4th millennium BCE . Its possibly an early settlement of Sogdania / Sugd / Turan and part of the joint pre-Vedic/Avestan nation.

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/sugd/sugd.htm

So far we have had 'Caucasian type' ancient mummies into what now is in China, and things that look a little like Chinese characters associated with the Oxus River civilization. And we know where the Afghan mines in the same area are that mined Lapis that ended up in ancient Egypt.

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/sugd/sugd.htm

The place in the satt map in Post 1 is a dead end ... near the north trade route, nothing else much in the area, so I suppose its development could be associated with it. Pretty far away from the way the route went though.

I have never seen a location that is fed by one river with two opposite flow directions and watersheds meeting in the middle .

Quite unique I would have thought.

• Like 1

Marco Polo Route ... ? ? ?

Yes,...Marco Polo was said to have stayed there (Hotan) on his trip.

Did Y'all zoom in and see that pretty lady in the short skirt?

Who doesn't think about these things when using Google Earth?

Well, I was thinking about entirely different things when I was looking

... whatever , I might have to find someone with 'other expertise' to follow this up.

Did Y'all zoom in and see that pretty lady in the short skirt?

You must be thinking of the lady in the red dress in the simulation machine in the Matrix.

Morpheus: "the Matrix is a system. That system is our enemy. When you are inside you look around - what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, - the very minds of the people we are trying to save. But, until we do, these people are still part of that system and to them we are their enemy.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to awaken - and many of them are so inert, so inured - hopelessly dependent on the system - that they will fight to protect it"