Tibetan_Ice

The three realms and meditative quiescence, psychic powers.

Is this from Kriya Yoga practice?

That is a hard question to answer. I have done over 43 years of different kinds of spiritual practices, including yoga, pranayama, Casteneda, kriya yoga, kunlun, kundalini yoga, anapanasati, tummo, tai chi, new age chakra stuff, reiki, gazing and more. I have been meditating twice a day, every day, for the last 5 years... But when I was 16 I did loads of pranayama and postures for two years...

If I had to say what opened the third eye, it would be "spinal breathing", kundalini mixed in with kunlun. Actually, the kunlun really blew things open, but I was already used to shutting off the 5 senses after practicing spinal breathing (Yogananda's Kriya) every day four 4 1/2 years.

Have you ever done spinal breathing as mentioned in that book that you just bought, about the kriya yoga initiation?

I think the main thing, which many Buddhist tantra teachings talk about is dissolving into the central channel and activating the third eye. My main secret is that love activates everything much faster and naturally too. Love your breath. Love your mantra, love your practices..

I've also had an attitude of pushing the envelope over the years. For example, if the instructions say to breath in for 10 seconds, and then out for ten seconds, I would experiment and lengthen the time until I realized that at a certain point, just before you feel like you are going to suffocate, the lower tan tien kicks in with a flood of energy which first goes downward, then moves upwards. I learned how to get it just right and then I learned how to direct that energy up the spine with bhandas and locks. However, after doing it like that for years, I gradually overloaded and breath meditation was the only thing that balanced me back out. Or maybe I still haven't fully recovered.

• Like 4

And you validated these subjective experiences of yours to be true and not hallucinations HOW?

You have a problem. Your mind and dogmatic belief system is keeping you prisoner. The first time you are actually going to experience something that is not "normal" (should you decide to stick to regular practices), your mind will shatter out of the shock and then it will take over from an act of desperation and self-preservation and discount your experience, steal it from you. You should spend more time asking yourself 'why not?' rather than letting your mind tell you "no way".

Also, the only one I have to prove anything to is myself. If I know that in two minutes a black dog will appear and after two minutes a black dog appears, that is proof enough for me.

Spirituality is about conquering the mind, not letting it take control. Spend some time watching your thoughts. You will eventually see how stupid and inane they are. You will also recognize that you are not your thoughts, nor could you ever be. And then further on, you may even realize that you are not the subject either..

• Like 4

I think the main thing, which many Buddhist tantra teachings talk about is dissolving into the central channel and activating the third eye. My main secret is that love activates everything much faster and naturally too. Love your breath. Love your mantra, love your practices..

I think that's great advice. It also helps to keep things intimate, because love makes intimacy easier. This is important because the normal state of a typical human being is to be somewhat estranged from one's own experience and one's own being, basically.

This is also why I like to suggest that all the "minds" are friendly. Don't make an enemy of the thinking mind, for example. Conscious mind is not an enemy of the unconscious or subconscious. Etc. All the minds are friends, and this is consistent with the attitude of love that you suggest too.

• Like 2

I failed the IQ test :(. In the fact that I thought it was one of those free ones, and didn't check beforehand to see if they would try to scam me for payment at the end to see my score. Fuckers. I think I did pretty good though.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Playing LOTTO...also a great opportunity to reality-check alleged forecast-ability!

I guess we have several billionaires in this thread...

Well, with psycho-kinesis you should be able to manipulate those lotto balls on draw date and make your chosen numbers come up. Ever been to Vegas? How hard is it to manipulate dice? You must be a billionaire..

So it is too hard to find your original posts about your experiences and simply post a link to it here?

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Zoom, are you able to replicate them? If not, how come? Any theories?

I'm one of the folks Zoom has discussed a few things with, seems legit from my experience around a lot of "wierd shit" over the years, and around many folks who have "wierd shit" occur around them/by them.

• Like 2

Zoom, that second experience was interesting. Reminded me of some astral projection stories from Robert Monroe about astral sex.

I have come in contact with many beings, and real ugly ones too that look like alligators. But interestingly, lots of times I have corresponded with female posters on the forums and then have had lucid dreams of the erotic nature too. Basically they were just sucking off my sexual energies (or trying to). It took a few repetitions before I noticed the correlation. They were visiting me in my dreams or in the astral plane.

Yup, that is the third eye type of experience. Sometimes it opens up at the back of the head and you think or feel like you are going to be sucked out into this vast area of open space... Especially while lying in bed just before falling asleep. The first few times it is scary, but then you get over the fear..

You know, there is a plane where there are thousands of people just standing together, and if you fly by too close, they reach out and grab you and try to hold you down. The solution was to quit visiting that plane.. Have you ever read Monroe's "Journeys Out of the Body"?

http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Out-Body-Robert-Monroe/dp/0385008619/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408996545&sr=1-1&keywords=Robert+Monroe

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 2

ZOOM, you must have had quite an interesting experience.

Everyone who's practicing something, anything, has reasons for doing it the way they're doing it. I don't bother with external validation of anything, even though I've had at least one shared experience where it wasn't just me. Why not? That's for two reasons.

One, I know where I am stuck. I know where my mind refuses to move how I want it to move, and I also know why it refuses. So before I start parading in front of cameras and crowds, I am basically busy with mind training, and the thought of validation doesn't even enter my mind, because I see a severe internal limitation to my psychic functioning, and until that's gone, there is no point in validating anything.

Two, there is an interesting class of thought experiments that conduces me to thinking validation is not important anyway. Let's not forget that Einstein's thought experiments have changed how we all think about physics today. I've always been impressed with this fact growing up, and I myself enjoyed the idea of thought experiments. And here's one thought experiment from that class of experiments:

Let's imagine I have lived 70 years, and on my 70th year I've contracted a fatal disease. I am laying in a hospital. The docs gave me 1 more year to live. One night during sleep I am dreaming that I am someone else in some other place that is not even this Earth. I end up spending 300 years in that dream. Let's say I appear in the dream as a 20 year old, and go on to the age of 320. I sleep in the dream world and dream inside the dream (I've done this already, so this isn't even theoretical for me -- dreams within dreams are possible). I go to sleep every dream day and wake up to the same dream world every dream morning. Thus the dream appears to stretch for 300 years of time. Lots of events happen. I meet people. I make friends and enemies. I have a number of careers and adventures. And so on. Among other things in that dream I am able to demonstrate all kinds of strange abilities and everyone present in that dream can witness me demonstrating those abilities, and everything is confirmed to be genuine in the context of that dream.

But as we all know, even 300 years pass in a flash. I wake up in the hospital. I am very disoriented. "What the hell is going on?" I am thinking. It takes me a few days to get my old memory back. Ah... so I was this aging human in this world... and I have 1 more year left to live. I see. Well, I take my meds, watch some hospital TV and get on with my hospital life. The year passes and I die.

Now the questions: which environment was objective and which one was subjective? Why so? Is the 300 year long dream the objective one because it's longer?

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 4

ZOOM, you must have had quite an interesting experience.

Everyone who's practicing something, anything, has reasons for doing it the way they're doing it. I don't bother with external validation of anything, even though I've had at least one shared experience where it wasn't just me. Why not? That's for two reasons.

One, I know where I am stuck. I know where my mind refuses to move how I want it to move, and I also know why it refuses. So before I start parading in front of cameras and crowds, I am basically busy with mind training, and the thought of validation doesn't even enter my mind, because I see a severe internal limitation to my psychic functioning, and until that's gone, there is no point in validating anything.

Two, there is an interesting class of thought experiments that conduces me to thinking validation is not important anyway. Let's not forget that Einstein's thought experiments have changed how we all think about physics today. I've always been impressed with this fact growing up, and I myself enjoyed the idea of thought experiments. And here's one thought experiment from that class of experiments:

Let's imagine I have lived 70 years, and on my 70th year I've contracted a fatal disease. I am laying in a hospital. The docs gave me 1 more year to live. One night during sleep I am dreaming that I am someone else in some other place that is not even this Earth. I end up spending 300 years in that dream. Let's say I appear in the dream as a 20 year old, and go on to the age of 320. I sleep in the dream world and dream inside the dream (I've done this already, so this isn't even theoretical for me -- dreams within dreams are possible). I go to sleep every dream day and wake up to the same dream world every dream morning. Thus the dream appears to stretch for 300 years of time. Lots of events happen. I meet people. I make friends and enemies. I have a number of careers and adventures. And so on. Among other things in that dream I am able to demonstrate all kinds of strange abilities and everyone present in that dream can witness me demonstrating those abilities, and everything is confirmed to be genuine in the context of that dream.

But as we all know, even 300 years pass in a flash. I wake up in the hospital. I am very disoriented. "What the hell is going on?" I am thinking. It takes me a few days to get my old memory back. Ah... so I was this aging human in this world... and I have 1 more year left to live. I see. Well, I take my meds, watch some hospital TV and get on with my hospital life. The year passes and I die.

Now the questions: which environment was objective and which one was subjective? Why so? Is the 300 year long dream the objective one because it's longer?

I have always found the dreams inside of dreams really interesting! :)

Though at one point where I was practicing most of the day everyday, and into my sleep... I started to not be able to tell the difference between dreams and this "reality". It all started to merge together. Not very handy when one is trying to keep track of what has happened "here" and what hasn't! I decided to slow down on some of the practices. I figure dreams are just as real and valid as what I think of as this reality, but fortunately can keep the two separate enough to not think I already completed and mailed the work project for example ;).

Definitely interesting stuff.

So how does one keep from falling back asleep in the bigger sense?

• Like 2

I certainly don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that I could replicate the practice and most likely the results of my "aggressive concentration in my head" exercise.

The psychokinesis...well, if you are in a situation where you feel emotional pain so extreme that you experience it like hell-like physical pain and like burning up internally so you already contemplate suicide as a good option to get rid of it,

then I can teach you the exercises to inclose & store up this energy internally and release it as psychokinetic energy, lol! :P

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

I think you would be able to figure out how to do it without the huge emotional pain and wanting to off yourself... any intense emotions that strong, or perhaps even creating them for a session to get the charge. That must have been a pretty rough experience for you though :(. Life changing I figure.

I have had experiences where I was in such severe pain that I just couldn't stand it, the sort where the hospital fills you full of morphene, but really I don't like that shit, and going in all the time really really sucks. So I would just suffer at home sort of thing. Well in the worst bouts of pain I caused some really odd things to happen. Such as when right at an intense stabbing pain a fly buzzing around above me just did it, and I hucked it across the room and squashed it against the wall... without moving an inch. That definitely surprised me! I also whacked someone (was in too much pain for conscious thought) without moving once... they screamed for a long time it was really odd. Fortunately I have learned to control such things, for better or worse (would have saved a lot of money on fly swatters).

Interesting what intense emotions and experiences which bring us far far past our usual self, life, experience, brain and "reality" can do.

We've all heard about women who pick up cars when their kid is underneath it...

• Like 1

If I eat sweets before going to bed I might have dreams which seem even more real like my "real" life (and by far more interesting).

But as my logical and mental abilities in my dreams are strongly limited due to parts of the brain regenerating / "sleeping", I am pretty sure that the "real" world is the real world. :)

I've always found that the more "real" dreams are the ones to be aware of and keep track of as they are us, well another part of us, getting stuff done in other planes/places. That's how I see it anyways.

I think that what we think of as the real world is only a tiny tiny slice things. I think the dream world is yet another slice. We are closed off to so much all the time. Less so when we allow it to all crumble of course. Personally I have a difficult time allowing the crumbled what I think of this physical reality, to stick around. I get all stressed out and do mundane stuff for awhile ;).

I have always found the dreams inside of dreams really interesting! :)

Though at one point where I was practicing most of the day everyday, and into my sleep... I started to not be able to tell the difference between dreams and this "reality". It all started to merge together. Not very handy when one is trying to keep track of what has happened "here" and what hasn't! I decided to slow down on some of the practices. I figure dreams are just as real and valid as what I think of as this reality, but fortunately can keep the two separate enough to not think I already completed and mailed the work project for example ;).

Definitely interesting stuff.

So how does one keep from falling back asleep in the bigger sense?

Well now, you've opened up a big can of worms. Firstly I want to say that I've had numerous experiences of losing distinction between dreams and the so-called "reality." These experiences were eye-opening, to say the least.

As for your last question, I don't know how to answer it because I am not sure what you're asking about. I think in some sense we're always dreaming. Lucid dreaming means bringing an aspect of wakefulness into your dreams. Lucid waking means bringing an aspect of dreaming into your wakefulness. Lucid waking is hard because it's frightening. And it's frightening because we tend to want to feel like there is solid ground under our feet, so to speak, and when you know you're dreaming the whole time, the solid ground is gone. For someone who isn't used to living without a solid ground, that's a scary proposition. I speak from experience here. :)

I too had to abandon an entire type of practice because it was producing experiences I just could not psychologically handle at the time (and probably would still have at least some trouble with it today, if I tried again).

People tend to think that psychic power is all fun stuff, but I don't think that's the correct picture at all. In fact, what ZOOM said earlier about being nearly suicidal during his psychic episode is very relevant to what I want to say. Truth is, when things start to move in ways you don't think should be possible, the first reaction will be fear, and second, disbelief. It's not fun at all.

I think in some ways psychic powers are like the tricks of high flying acrobats in a circus. For the viewers it is all pure fun. But for the circus athletes who are flying high above the ground, swinging from one trapeze to the next, they know an element of fear, and they also know a few who have died doing the very same "trick." Even an experienced circus performer probably experiences some fear, but what to say of a newbie? A newbie might vomit just from getting up close to the ceiling before even swinging on a trapeze. I think real psychic power is a lot like this. It's fun for the viewers, but no fun for the performer, unless the performer is either a natural freak of some sort, or extremely experienced in the course of some training, extremely familiar with what is about to happen, accustomed to it, and knows there is nothing to fear.

• Like 1

The psychokinesis...well, if you are in a situation where you feel emotional pain so extreme that you experience it like hell-like physical pain and like burning up internally so you already contemplate suicide as a good option to get rid of it,

then I can teach you the exercises to inclose & store up this energy internally and release it as psychokinetic energy, lol! :P

This being ready to die is actually a very, very important clue. You were able to let go of your limitations when you no longer cared whether you live or die. I don't think this is an accident at all.

You'll be able to repeat your performance once you embrace death 100%.

• Like 2

If I eat sweets before going to bed I might have dreams which seem even more real like my "real" life (and by far more interesting).

But as my logical and mental abilities in my dreams are strongly limited due to parts of the brain regenerating / "sleeping", I am pretty sure that the "real" world is the real world. :)

I can tell you from experience that my logical and mental abilities are at their peak when I am dreaming. At least as good as right now, but maybe even better sometimes.

• Like 2