Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Befriending Money

Befriending money was a good decision. I like it now, and it likes me too...I always have it, and we're good to each other. We're good friends.

Befriending money is a wise decision...I do not understand the poverty mentality amongst some spiritual people. Been there, prefer having money.

The End.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 6

Befriending money was a good decision. I like it now, and it likes me too...I always have it, and we're good to each other. We're good friends.

Befriending money is a wise decision...I do not understand the poverty mentality amongst some spiritual people. Been there, prefer having money.

The End.

When you spend some on something, tell it to make sure to return to you swiftly, and bring its friends ;).

• Like 7

The Confucians and Taoists would agree with you. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

And you always have at least two cents.

• Like 3

Money ideally represents a fungible & non-perishable placeholder for energy, the value of which should freely fluctuate based on perceptions & expectations. How that energy is used varies.

• Like 4

Useful stuff is money.

Back when I had none times were a lot harder than they are now.

Some things are cheaper nowadays but not many.

Gods bless Amazon Partners for one example.

Books can be had from those for one penny plus (reasonable) postage.

White goods too.

We've been looking at washing machines and tumble dryers, those are really cheap in relation to proportion of wages needed to buy them to what they once were.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I wrote this a while back. Half tongue in cheek but there's some wisdom in it, I think:

Ode to money; the lubricant of barter, the measuring stick of perceived value. We create it, name it & play with it. A useful idea, worthy servant and poor master. It Is because we think it Is. And if you don't, I have a nice P.O Box in Brooklyn for you to send it to.

Even Einstein had problems with money. In 1904 working as a patent clerk he met my great great uncle, Manny the accountant, who explained it to him. Using language Einstein would understand Manny wrote this:
M = E C^2. Which translates into Money equals Energy times Consumption Now and Future.

You see how energy is at the heart of money? And what is energy? The potential for work. In humans terms Energy makes our lives better and more enjoyable. Flip the equation and we see E= M/C^2. Present and future consumption divides our M and cuts our Energy.

Equations must be balanced and choices made. Still one can break out of the zero sum game through leverage. Creativity, creating new resources or combining old ones in new ways allow more work done with the same effort. This is how the wise tap the source of money.

• Like 3

The Book Depository is great for buying books - free shipping!!!

Money was never that important in my mind before, but I had the wrong ideas about it. Like MooNiNite said, chasing it is the wrong way to go about it - waste of time. It's not so important to me that I want a huge amount of it all the time, but important enough to make sure I have a bit more than enough to get what I need and want in life.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 2

This is a side note related to the idea of assigned or perceived value, not money per se.

Being with my son one day helped me realize that the most valuable thing I can offer is my complete attention and presence.

All else is a symbol/thing. But attention... awareness and connected presence. This exemplifies highest value in my life now.

• Like 5

Money allows for clean cling free exchange - it reduces the amount of interplay required in an interaction.

Borrowing, owing have binding qualities and energetic companions.

• Like 4

Money allows for clean cling free exchange - it reduces the amount of interplay required in an interaction. Borrowing, owing have binding qualities and energetic companions.

very nice.

Money allows for clean cling free exchange - it reduces the amount of interplay required in an interaction.

Borrowing, owing have binding qualities and energetic companions.

You forgot "free". IME, nothing is more expensive or binding than when you get it for free.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Well, yeah, I get the same amount of money every month whether I work or not. But it's not free. I paid for it up front.

But then, sure, there are those few who happen to be born into or marry into money. Free ride most often.

You forgot "free". IME, nothing is more expensive or binding than when you get it for free.

My 2 cents, Peace

I'm not sure "free" is such a plague - could you give some examples?

Certainly some "free" stuff is a contrivance but does it actually qualify as free?

I get free samples of food at Costco - I don't feel bound in any way by it.

I sometimes donate things for free and feel lightened by it.

I've received a free ride or two and offered to pay but was refused.

This site appears to be free and it is my choice to be free with my time.

• Like 2

If anyone here wishes to liberate themselves from their money I can make a deposit account in my name available which will help them relieve the tension of holding on to cash.

• Like 4

I'm not sure "free" is such a plague - could you give some examples? Certainly some "free" stuff is a contrivance but does it actually qualify as free? I get free samples of food at Costco - I don't feel bound in any way by it. I sometimes donate things for free and feel lightened by it. I've received a free ride or two and offered to pay but was refused. This site appears to be free and it is my choice to be free with my time.

To play on what you said before, money is a method of creating a "cling free" exchange.

Sometimes when things are given for "free" there is an assumption that there is no actual "exchange" occurring on both sides and that by giving giving for "free" disowns any responsibility or "debt" on both sides.

IME this is not so....there is always an exchange whether it is overt or subtle. Things that come for "free" are usually not "free"....they can often "cling" in deeper ways than we realize....depending on the nature of what is being given.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Taker beware. Sometimes "free" things really are free such as those Costco food samples Spotless mentioned. Often enough though, sellers will offer free samples in order to create a sense of indebtedness. Just the other day a cheese vendor offered me a sample on the street "with no obligation." No thanks. That slice of cheese came with a heavy energetic price tag, and I knew it.

Liminal

Sign in to follow this