Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

love now. it repeats.

There's a lad you'd cross the street to avoid.

Odd times I travel on public transport I seem to act as a magnet to guys like that.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

There's a lad you'd cross the street to avoid.

Odd times I travel on public transport I seem to act as a magnet to guys like that.

Hehehe. That actually recalled a memory. Back when I was working downtown, there is a center town plaza where many would go for lunch, and there would almost always be one of those daytime Southern Baptists who was generally a homeless person would be out there wait a megaphone preaching to all the sinners who were just trying to have lunch and a little peace of mind before going back to work.

They do seem to gravtitate towards public spaces don't they?

Leicester City Centre is choc a bloc with oddballs during the day.

I was in a bookshop next to the Town Hall Square and heard some music.

A bunch of born agains had put up a whole mobile stage and were putting on a concert cum service.

Thing is Leicester has a majority Indian population most of whom are professional, educated middle class people.

Some had taken umbrage at the preacher giy's haranguing anyone who wasn't a Christian , saying they were going to Hell.

It was good fun.

The Police turned up, then it turns out the born agains don't have a permit to be there.

Then the pastor guy starts shouting about religious persecution at the cops

He did anything he could so as to get arrested bar thumping a copper but the police could not be ersed with him.

They took the stage and all the band instruments away in a police van and told the pastro he could have them back if he came to the station with the right attitude to collect same and asked nicely.

It was a good half hour's free entertainment.

We all gave the cops a round of applause.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

IMO "Love, live in the present, be kind..." is as irrelevant as "be enlightened!!"

You just can't force yourself into it as love/compassion are byproducts of an healthy/advanced circulation of energy, love is our natural state.

I can create psychic blockages by various methods and be a complete irritable asshole the whole day, then later nearly cry of empathy for the same people I despised previously.

Edited by nickyro

I see guys like that as interesting little spices of life. From what I see mostly harmless and maybe a little good, a holy craziness. A different robe, a different time and you'd have Jesus.

I'm not seeing as many apocalyptic bible thumpers parading around with loudspeakers and billboard signs as I used to. There used to be one or two corners that were always full. Pleasantly its pretty rare these days. I used to collect the more intense religious pamphlets, as examples of prime human craziness. I particularly like the Tony Alamo ones that would show up covering cars in my neighborhood every month or two. Alas I believe those and that over the top style have gone away.

The whole 'I love you, but your evil and going burn in hell', style isn't making the rounds like it used to.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

The whole 'I love you, but your evil and going burn in hell', style isn't making the rounds like it used to.

I guess they decided we all are going to hell so they stopped loving us.

Sign in to follow this