Sign in to follow this  
rldawson

Likes Error

When using the "likes" option, I am receiving and error message:

Title: An error occurred

Body: You have reached your quota for positive votes for the day

Since this happens on new days, when no "likes" have been applied, it leads me to believe there is a bug in the wood pile. :blink:

• Like 1

When using the "likes" option, I am receiving and error message:

Title: An error occurred

Body: You have reached your quota for positive votes for the day

Since this happens on new days, when no "likes" have been applied, it leads me to believe there is a bug in the wood pile. :blink:

This may be the result of confusion between what is a 'new day' to you and to what is a 'new day' to the Tao Bums server software. We are on world time here and one person's 'new day' is another person's bedtime. On a tech level it might be helpful to look at what time the server resets and post that and see if it helps people understand difficulties like this.

This may be the result of confusion between what is a 'new day' to you and to what is a 'new day' to the Tao Bums server software. We are on world time here and one person's 'new day' is another person's bedtime. On a tech level it might be helpful to look at what time the server resets and post that and see if it helps people understand difficulties like this.

Good catch in general.

This has shown to be true for other issues; what is 24 hours? Starting at a new day or from the day/time of joining? This has confused some new members who have a limit to # of posts within 24 hours.

aaaaaaaaaaaand....problem fixed :) junior bums can now like posts.

And I can guess Marblehead is going to post and ask when can TTB members use the dislike posts :D

• Like 2

And I can guess Marblehead is going to post and ask when can TTB members use the dislike posts :D

Interesting that I chose to scan this thread. Hehehe. I sometimes wonder how much damage would be caused if it were re-enabled.

aaaaaaaaaaaand....problem fixed :) junior bums can now like posts.

Yep. It works. I just tested it.

• Like 1

I'm also having a "likes" related issue. Whenever I try to like something a message comes up "There was a problem storing your reputation vote."

Liminal

• Like 1

I'm also having a "likes" related issue. Whenever I try to like something a message comes up "There was a problem storing your reputation vote."

Liminal

A google search shows this is an issue which some say are fixed in a later software update.

We are probably due for an upgrade, so I will ask about when this will get done.

• Like 1

I noticed that my recent posts don't have a like button at all.

:)

You can no longer like your own posts... ;)

Time for folks to start liking another's posts :P

• Like 2

3 or 4 users would dislike literally everything that doesn't agree with exactly what they say, while the entire userbase would disagree with everything those aforementioned users have to say

honestly it might be a positive thing because then we might not have 20 pages of a thread that are mostly one person posting trying to drown out all other opinions except theirs, because they believe they are right, despite spending so much time on taobums that they couldnt possibly have time for the energetic achievements they claim to have

I am not really against the idea and think it is useful... but I think it would become abused in 'gang-up' dislikes. For that reason, I don't want to go there.

• Like 2

but thats a rating system :) crappy inaccurate posts would be buried with dislikes and posts with a lot of likes would shine as premum content

closing statement: we have a lot more intelligent people here than angry, holier-than-thou idiots

I understand the explanation and interpretation of the rating system.

My interpretation of the TTB spirit (as per Sean and others) is that 'dislikes' should not be public announcement for the gang-up clan.

My interpretation of the TTB spirit (as per Sean and others) is that 'dislikes' should not be public announcement for the gang-up clan.

Yep. And that's what happened when it was first available and why it was disabled.

Sometimes we mature people aren't as mature as we think we are.

• Like 2

but thats a rating system :) crappy inaccurate posts would be buried with dislikes and posts with a lot of likes would shine as premum content

closing statement: we have a lot more intelligent people here than angry, holier-than-thou idiots

yes, but the problem is that the holier-than-thou idiots are far more inclined to put their points across

• Like 1

Any reason why the like button doesn't appear on my posts? Does it only show when someone has liked the post? I like when people nod or whatever so I know they are listening and I'm not just talking to myself.

• Like 2

Any reason why the like button doesn't appear on my posts? Does it only show when someone has liked the post? I like when people nod or whatever so I know they are listening and I'm not just talking to myself.

I mentioned yesterday, that a user cannot like their own posts; ergo the like does not show to the user who posted... but everyone else can see it. So others can still like your post.

• Like 3

But I normally just disagree with you.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this