Josama

I had a dream yesterday...

Ok, this may seem childish, but I had a dream yesterday and wanted to know if it meant anything.

I am not new to dreams and I like them quite a lot, but this one I dreamed about a buddha statue.

I dreamed that I was outside and it was raining a lot. On the ground in the mud, I found a little buddha statue, a little more in height than my outstretched hand. The buddha was a standing figure and on the neck of the buddha was a chain attached and at the end of the chain was a shovel. Both chain and shove were not made out of gold contrary to the rest. When I picked up the statue I marveled at it's beauty. It seemed it was radiating a brilliant glow. In my dream I thought that it would look beautiful in my bed chamber. When I woke up this morning and remembered the dream, I was a little sad to find that no there was no buddha statue in my room.

This was the first time I ever dreamed about something buddha related and throughout a lot of the day yesterday I chanted "Namo ami tuofo"

• Like 1

I don't know what the dreams mean. But as for you guys, if you don't know either, don't waist his time....

I think the best persons to interpret the dream is the one who dreams it.

• Like 3

In answer to your question; to me it does sound like it 'means anything' ... as the last 2 posters say ... its up to you.

Some symbols seem they would have obvious association to you though. LIke the shovel : I am a gardener so ... however, you may be an undertaker ... .

If I asked people to interpret a dream I had about a boat oar .... some might point out that it is also one of my Martial Arts Kobudo weapons - eku.

Nah, I don't think the shovel has any special association to me. Though now that you have said I just remembered that I liked to shovel holes in my garden when I was in elementary school. However I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Hmm as for the interpretation, I got the feeling that the shovel meant that Buddha didn't have any problems with committing himself to the simplest of tasks. Somehow I imagined Buddha shoveling and looking like the happiest man at the same time...

Maybe the shovel has something to do with work. Work/dig hard and you will find the Buddha (within)! Or you can have the buddha (enlightenment..), but you have to have the shovel too (work for it). Cool dream!

Nah, I don't think the shovel has any special association to me. Though now that you have said I just remembered that I liked to shovel holes in my garden when I was in elementary school. However I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Hmm as for the interpretation, I got the feeling that the shovel meant that Buddha didn't have any problems with committing himself to the simplest of tasks. Somehow I imagined Buddha shoveling and looking like the happiest man at the same time...

I would go with whatever feels right for you given your situation. But do look on it from all angles to get a good perspective on it.

I would go with whatever feels right for you given your situation. But do look on it from all angles to get a good perspective on it.

Most often the dream carries multiple meanings. Dreams are so creative and provide us with excellent information about ourselves and our paths.

I also like dreams and over the past two weeks have had a couple which I have really enjoyed.

Dream 1.

I was on a number 82 bus(familiar bus)into Garston, and exited the bus at the stop where Garston swimming baths used to be. I then entered what appeared to be a train station on the outside, but when I entered the building it changed into a sports complex. I then went through a number of changing rooms, the final one is where I met an elderly Tibetan Lama who was training a 59 yr old grandmother with anger issues; he was training her to do a gymnastic routine, she seemed pleasant as she spoke briefly with me. Then the Tibetan Lama came over to me and we had a most enjoyable conversation about the Oneness of It All. I had the feeling that we were old friends. Wish I could remember more of what we spoke about! I woke up in a really pleasant and uplifting mood.

Dream 2.

I was in a house with my wife and her sister. I went upstairs and entered a bedroom, I went over to a chest of drawers and opened the top drawer. In the drawer were a number of esoteric books but before I could open one of the books a mystical man of Indian appearance appeared in front of me. So I was unable to check what the contents of the book/s were. We spoke for a while but I can't remember what was said.

As for the meaning of your dream, as has already been said you'll have to probe deeper into the symbols that appeared in your dream. Spend time in meditation and all will be revealed.

Well, there are 3 ways to look at dreams. Dreams can be the reflection of your daily lives or relating to your daily activities. Dreams can be manifestations of your suppressed thoughts and feeling. In that case, they have nothing to do with your daily lives. Dreams can be precognitive and this is when getting a good interpretation is highly, highly difficult. That's one aspect of dream interpretation I always have issues with.

For your buddha statue symbol, I would be very weary of it because it may represent a false sense of personal connections to the Buddha. Buddha taught us that we should not even grow attached to himself or his form. Can you associate any feelings with this Buddha/shovel symbol? If the shovel represents death, well, you may feel uneasy about the dream. If the shovel represents "to work harder," you may experience a sense of anxiety or the urgency to get on top of the situation. Obviously, are you perusing any cultivation practice or experiencing anything remotely "spiritual?"