Satya

EXPERIENCES with Xiao Yao Pai

Hello,

An initiation in London is coming up for Xiao Yao Pai and I am thinking about attending. It sounds interesting.

I just wanted to ask anyone who has been initiated and done the practices what there experiences have been with Xiao Yao Pai.

So, what are your experiences? Both 'normal' (improved mood, health, etc), and mystical (seeing auras, communicating with deities when you didn't before, increased intensity of energy in practices, healing abilities, OOBE, etc), and, whatever else (like improvement in practices)?

If you can (concisely) describe the practices involved that would be appreciated too.

Would the practices involved be called Neidan? Neigong? Qigong?

Any (concise) relevant information would be appreciated).

I'm still quite new to Chinese and Taoist terminology.

• Like 1

Satya,

I will give one example for now. and also i am not good with the terminology so much myself. and if i speak about something as common as Qi somehow it leads to contentious debate ,,,,and i can understand why so many choose to remain hidden.

but a couple of months after my initiation June 2012, which brings up something else i would like to mention,i have just over 2 years in with this system, and i have never ever claimed any knowledge and i am

at very low rank in XYP, not even level 1 and from my pov sometimes knowledge can get in the way. ancient sages have always said as much, Lao Tzu being one.

ok, 2 months after my initiation i was out on a friends back deck over a gorge in my local forest, so i was taking advantage of that spot and began meditation. the meditation didnt seem all that special, this is a very subtle and abstract energy though and it can be hard to judge, so there was a cat walking from around the front of the cabin, quietly, yet i was able to see its every detail, even if i was facing the opposite direction with eyes closed and i was able to watch the cat take its step by step and i watched the cat step from the yard onto the deck, still behind me until when i did choose to open my eyes there it was right in front of me in perfect step and every detail just as i saw it with my eyes closed. In XYP we enter into this with awareness and not in any trance state. we are fully aware and this is an example of what i experience in this practice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

on a practical level. TYS changes our mind, energy, and awareness which makes our life move in a better direction. i think ya'll can understand that i am reluctant to speak specific details about something this personal but

the change in me has been profound and at a deeper level. the things in my life that had harm for me or potential for harm are no longer in my life. opportunities have opened that are beyond my wildest imagination. each day becomes a truly fabulous experience, it humbles me and i am grateful.

experiences will vary from person to person and this is one reason i havnt spoken too much about my experiences with TSM/XYP, some Tao Yu have had obe at the initiation, i didnt. and i have posted about my initiation experience elsewhere. it was profound and confirming, it is felt. imo from my pov FFS will guide the individual in the direction or practice it is that individual is ready for. we do not all enter into this process exactly equal or exactly the same, and if the basic practices are the same for each Tao Yu what is felt/experiened is tailored made for each individual.

but for anyone to enter themself with their own open mind and ready to begin a very personal journey with a spirit guide, well, that is a very personal choice

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

I am one of this skeptical people when it comes to belief ,but i decided to keep an open mind for this event and i am glad i did that or i would not have had the privilege of meeting the Tao masters ,feeling their spiritual energy and becoming part of the wonderful and puzzling and fascinating experiences . When i listened to them talking it was great to understand that it is not a religion ,but simply an effort to strive and improve the self ,overcome prejudices,conditioning and preconceptions and completely of your own free will and understanding not to cause harm to others.

Since the initiation i have gradually had my eyes beginning to open to all my shortcomings and they were many,but when i meditated my fu fa shen was working on my body spinning me ,bending me i started to experience calmness and clarity of mind and could see where i have gone wrong and how my vanity has prevented me from seeing other people properly and understanding how they felt .i started having a thought ,every time my vanity returned warning me to stop.I do some really strange exercises and on one of them i bend my knees and leaned back so far ,for my body it was impossible to keep a balance ,but i kept like that for 10 seconds and felt i was being supported.My fu fa shen feels like a treasured family member,but a very stern teacher and once when i went back to my vanity after meditation ,it sent a thought into my mind to stop and said that if i do it he will give me pain to remind me and 5 minutes latter he made my back burn and sent a thought to remember to be modest.

If i had listened to myself a week ago i would have sent me to a psychiatrist ,but after the lessons and explanations from the master i am prepared to understand and let go and let my fu fa shen help me.It is all for my own benefit and when i ask my fu fa shen for specific help it helps me .

Preconceptions keep us from experiencing great things throughout our lives and i am so happy i did not allow mine to stop me from going to the initiation,i was laying in the emergencies ward in the hospital ,but i pushed myself ,discharged against doctors advice and got on the night bus to london and came to the initiation.Few days latter i feel my body getting better daily after each meditation and body manipulation i feel like i made the best decision for my life.

With kind regards
Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

When I first heard of the Tai Shang Men-Xiao Yao Pai Taoist school and took the e-mail course, I was so excited and knew this was the path I wanted to follow. Though I am an acupuncturist and have studied Chinese Medicine and culture for years, I didn't really know anything about Tao Yin Shu and had no expectations. Since then, I still have not studied any of the ideas or descriptions of it, I just practice and let my experience guide me to my own knowledge. At some point in the future, I will study the traditional texts more and seek understanding on an intellectual level, but for now practice is the most important thing for me.
Therefore, when I was initiated I had an open mind and didn't really know what to expect. Nothing had been described to me before hand. So, I was surprised during the initiation to have such a strong sensation in my hands. It was similar to what I have experienced practicing Tai Chi and other internal martial arts forms, but much stronger. There was a strong sense of pushing and direction to the sensation that I had not experienced before.
Over the last year of practice my chronic and severe health problems have improved markedly. I recently have had increased sensation throughout my body, not just my hands, of receiving Qi. I have felt my heart open more to feelings of peace and joy. ​Recently, I had a very interesting experience. I had an event happen that was very troublesome, and my mind responded wanting to go down a well-worn path of worry which I have done in the past. I found that pathway was blocked and I could not worry. Then my mind, disturbed, tried another pathway of anxiety; it was also blocked. Then my mind went into full-on panic and I found that way was blocked, too! Finally, I began to find this whole process amusing and I just had to laugh. It was a remarkable experience and difficult to describe. But I think my Fu Fa Shen was directing me to discharge the emotion through laughter instead of the more damaging and habitual pathways of worry and fear.
With every day that passes I feel more and more grateful that I chose this path! It takes persistence, but eventually the rewards will manifest themselves.
  • Like 1

TYS is unlike any other form of meditation I have learnt, and I have learnt many types, some of them Taoist. Its beauty and challenge is that it requires no effort. Any effort or input other than "being there" will retard progress. The practice feels natural, like coming home, and as such dispels any fear or anxiety I may have. TYS hones my sensitivity to energy through my body and strengthens and enables an experience of "recharging". It is an ancient, effortless exercise in spirit building (a concept I now understand because I now feel it). And it bloody well feels fantastic while I'm doing it!! TYS is by far the best and most productive present I have been given by anyone so far. Bye for now

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

I am a Chinese medicine practitioner in the USA.
I was very interested to be introduced to an authentic daoist lineage (xiao yao pai)
Before the initiation there was a short introductory course on the basic aspect of daoist thoughts and a few exercises to assess how well we understood the basic applied philosophical aspects of daoism.
After that, the Master who had travelled all the way from indonesia to the USA, started the initiation and introduced us to our Hu Fa Shen (our personal guardian/instructor in daoist practices). If you have always wanted to have a master constantly with you to answer your question and guide through your life, then this is the ceremony for you. The master called on the higher plane and made accessible to each of us the ability to connect with the HFS. We did tao yin shu for a while reinforcing the connection.
The second day was dedicated to understanding certain breathing techniques and clarifying questions from the participants.
It was all very direct and powerful.
Then all we had to do is go back home and practice every day tao yin shu and reinforce the connection with the HFS.
This has been a very powerful practice for me for 2 years now, and many positive changes have taken place in my life since.
I feel very grateful that the Master visited us from so far away and that I did not miss this event.
Do not miss it !
Edited by effilang

So its the day after the initiation event and I must say that I didn't want it to end. It is truly a positive life changing experience. I am so pleased with the experiences I've had so far since being initiated. Makes me very excited to continue on this journey learning the Tao through TSM. Thank you to all those abroad and here in the US that helped to make the event possible this year. I am truly grateful for this opportunity.

Just rapped up the Fredericksburg event. Day 1/2 in the books and it was awesome! Speechless at this point. Trying to digest all this information but an awesome event. So blessed!

My short experience with my FFS started after my third attempt to connect with it. During my initiation I felt some energy in between my hands. It felt like something was pushing them apart and that was all, no movements.

The second time I tried to connect with my FFS, I didn’t feel anything at all. And then it all started during my third attempt. I was sitting on a chair, I was trying to feel the energy between my palms and my FFS moved my left arm aside and started making circles of different diameters. Then it switched to my right arm and repeated the same movements.

I continued practicing and in the next few sessions I experienced the same movements but at some point it stopped my arm and pressed it against my body or held it in a perpendicular position when I was practicing in bed.

While it was holding my arm I felt my arm very warm like when someone touches u and u exchange temperature. These movements became more intensive with time.

Last two times I tried to connect with my FFS when it finished moving my arms, it continued by moving my right leg and since I was laying down I felt like maybe I should sit but nothing happened so I stood up and then my FFS started to make me stay in a position in which my knees were bent (but I didn’t feel any tension), it pushed my hips forward, my back straight, my arms around my body with a slight curve and palms facing backwards.

I felt so relaxed and comfortable, no tension at all, it was like someone is holding my body. My FFS made me stay in that position for a few seconds and then pushed my knees backwards and then forward again.

Another experience I have is an exercise in which my FFS moved my hips in a circle switching my body weight from knee to knee.

Another time it was rotating my hands for so long that I got tired and fell asleep and when I woke up my hand was still spinning.

Long before I was initiated another Tao Yu told me that XYP students are enveloped with a golden spiritual aura that refines and protects us and that our system is Xian Tian, the reverse of conventional Hou Tian cultivtion methods.

Well. I use to have regular reiki sessions before the initiation with my reiki healer and whenever we have a session, she concludes it with a detailed report on everything she observed.

My reports are pretty monotonous insofar that nothing changes from a general perspective and progress is significant but isolated, so that perhaps we work on one meridian or an organ or a particular condition.

I have quite a few reports so I know how bland the situation is.

The last report I received was before the initiation; nothing very exciting.

Now here's the cool thing, my most recent session with her was after the initiation and the session had left her gob-smacked. In short, she said the energy flow of my body had completely flipped and was flowing up and that I was surrounded by a divine golden aura that was extremely peaceful.

She also said there was some sort of divine influence working on me from above and actively conditioning my meridian system and subtle energy body in preparation for it to receive higher vibrations of spiritual energy.

What's REALLY cool about all this is that, I never told her I was initiated, so It was a blind-discovery, but every detail she gave me only confirmed what I had been previously told about what happens to the energetic body after initiation : )

Hello,

An initiation in London is coming up for Xiao Yao Pai and I am thinking about attending. It sounds interesting.

I just wanted to ask anyone who has been initiated and done the practices what there experiences have been with Xiao Yao Pai.

So, what are your experiences? Both 'normal' (improved mood, health, etc), and mystical (seeing auras, communicating with deities when you didn't before, increased intensity of energy in practices, healing abilities, OOBE, etc), and, whatever else (like improvement in practices)?

If you can (concisely) describe the practices involved that would be appreciated too.

Hi Satya,

I am not an XXP practitioner, but I was very interested in the FFS immortal process and spent some time exploring it. The members that I talked to were all very gracious, helpful and many allowed me to "energetically read" them and their FFS beings. Their senior immortal beings also granted me the same privilege.

Though many Taobums members will probably doubt my statements/findings, I found that there were "outside" energetic beings "connected" to them at the higher levels of "local body-mind". The connection was similar (but different) to bonds I have found with people to their (true) gurus.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask (or pm me).

Best wishes,

Jeff

• Like 3

Have a few questions I would be greatful if someone could answer to give me a better idea.

I saw Zerostao mention he isnt even at level 1 , how many levels are there ?

also how do you know if you have progressed to a level ?

Is there a place for fellow practitioners to discuss the system with each other ?

Can you contact people at a higher level , like the teachers if you need help or guidance ?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi Ronko,

There is a basic level, a first level, a second level a third level and a fourth.

The transitions between levels take different amounts of time, 1 to 3 years, 3 to 6 years, 6 to 10 years, or anything between those or beyond. It really depends on how often you practice. Most Tao Yu (initiates) put in between 30 and 60 minutes of practice per day.

When a student feels he is ready, he may ask his Fu Fa Shen (护法神) to be considered for examination, or if his Fu Fa Shen deems the student to be ready, he may recommend him/her for examination.

If the recommendation is accepted, then a different, examining Shen Xian (神仙) will carry out the examination, not your Fu Fa Shen.

The examination lasts between 4 months and 5 months and includes questions from the examining immortal or other immortals that may come to test you. The examination also involves, a comprehensive overview of your nature; your life, your attitudes, your mind and your overal level of wisdom attainment, that you may be allowed to progress. Your development is assessed in many ways, but all very closely related to your state of zi ran (自然 - naturalness), wu wei (无为 - non-action and effortlessness) and qingjing (情静 - clarity and purity). All these evaluate the level of your progress back to the state of the original mind.

If you pass, you will inherit a new 20 skills in addition to the 4 acquired during the initiation.

You can register for the examination with your Fu Fa Shen, after 3 years of cultivating through Tao Yin Shu (導 引 术).

If you then pass again to the next level, yet another 20.

These skills include, healing systems, feng shui, divine skills, special skills pertaining to our school etc.

You Fu Fa Shen is your teacher, and you can always contact him/her, anytime of the day.

If you'd like to contact another practitioner you're more than welcome to do so.

You will receive the contact details of the priests who perform the initiation after the initiation, and you can contact them if you have any additional need for guidance. They are normally level 2b and level 3 or higher.

Our FB open group is here. It is a mixed group of uninitiated and initiated cultivators: https://www.facebook.com/groups/734405999957734/

Our closed group is for Tao Yu only (initiated cultivators with a Fu Fa Shen) and I'll add folks to that after the initiations. I can put you in contact with a higher level practitioner if you like, just pm me.

Unfortunately our Grandmaster, Lie Shang Hu Tao Se, doesn't speak English, but many others, including some of the highest level practitioners of our school, do.

Our community is a vibrant and thriving one, so there are many Tao Yu you can speak to, and a lot you can learn form the experiences of others, even those below you.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 4

Hello,

The best way I can describe it as is "efficient".

I've experienced things after 5/6 months with XYP that I have read others experience after 10 years of different methods. Prior to XYP, I didn't meditate very often, but had trained in martial arts for around 13 years (mostly external, did tai chi for a couple years but not with the internal aspects in mind)

So far, I have communicated with a teacher through dreams that have told me to work on a certain area, to then find out by advanced practitioners in real life that I'm not developing as much in that exact area! And the practices suggested was the exact same practice FFS was making me do a day after being initiated!

I have had something like an OBE, but not only out my body but out of this realm, where some interesting stuff occurred. Really, REALLY intense vibrations in my lower dan tian. Seeing yang qi, and my energy body. Seeing through my eyelids into other places during meditation. The number of coincidences I've had (synchronicities i think they're called) have gone through the roof, pretty much on a daily basis, and sometimes it happens a few times a day. These things happen almost always after meditating for an hour or more.

But don't expect these things to happen immediately after being initiated. I entered the event as a skeptic and left as one, and remain a skeptic as I have also had experiences that are questionable. The ones I wrote above are those that are, personally, undeniable experiences that I can not attribute to my imagination or some placebo effect.

Edited by SaiyaMan
  • Like 4

Hi SaiyaMan. :) How do you know that what you see is yang qi? Also, I am of the understanding that the ldt correlates with a denser, yin quality.

I say yang qi because it correlates to all that I have read on it. It was white with a slight blueness to it, especially around the edges when I put my hand through it,

Regarding the LDT, Effilang or other members could answer that better. All I can tell you is that the area inside my body, that I have understood to be called the lower dan tian, vibrated really hard for a few minutes, waking me up in the middle of the night. The vibration continued for a few days, but much softer. During that time I didn't have any time to do any long sessions, I couldn't keep that feeling for too long.

• Like 1

Fu Fa Shen (护法神) ...

his Fu Fa Shen ...

your Fu Fa Shen...

it is more correct write Hu Fa Shen, not Fu Fa Shen :)

护 - Hu

法 - Fa

神 - Shen

• Like 2

Hi, glad to know that Taishangmen Xiaoyaopai been spreading in USA and Europe too, first I learn Xianthian Daoyinshu ("XT DYS") is because I want to proved my self that the Deities are real exist, and I thought it would be great to be able to learn QiGong, JIngZhuo, and ShenGong direct from Them, so I begin to learn Daoyinshu and initiated (Taoying) by our Grandmaster Lie Shifu.

From my experienced practicing XT DYS, the benefits not only promote our physical, mind and soul, but we also cultivates the XianThian power to protect us from the black magic, promote our spirit, and aligning us to be harmony with the universe.. and I feel that was increasing my fortune :)

Just my 2 cents

• Like 3

it is more correct write Hu Fa Shen, not Fu Fa Shen :)

护 - Hu

法 - Fa

神 - Shen

thank you Vitalii, chi dragon has been kind in the past to point out such things relating to Chinese translations.

our clan uses the southern dialect and maybe this is the difference?

thank you Vitalii, chi dragon has been kind in the past to point out such things relating to Chinese translations.

our clan uses the southern dialect and maybe this is the difference?

dialects have different pronunciation, but not writing :)
There is a standard system of transliteration and we need to use it ;)
  • Like 1

A testimonial from one of this weekend's newly initiated Tao Yu.

I went to London with some expectations but in the same time I did not know what to expect.

When begun the Initiation I was relaxed and opened for everything.
I did not know what to exactly expect. I knew that I should to follow "something" what can happened.

After closing my eyes I felt in my hands some kind of magnetic energy.
My hands begun to go one to the left and second to the right side - then back. After a while one hand made a circle up and in the same time the second one the circle down - and these circles were repeated several times.

It was like a symbol of Tai Chi. In the end my hands stopped in the position like holding the ball in the front of my chest. They were fixed in this position.

All the time I felt in my hands hot and cold in the same time. I could full control the movement of my hands - but I followed the "impulse" which lead me to do it. When I went back to my room in hotel I said the mantra and I talk to my FFS - it was monolog from my side. I felt that I should to sit down on the floor - in normal position like for meditation.

Then my way of breathing immediately changed. I started to breath with my chest. After a while I felt that I should to stand up. I did it and then begin something like Qi Gong. In the beginning I could feel the energy which guided me and then I could see in my head "pictures" of the positions which I should to exercise. I followed these pictures and during exercises I felt relaxed and when I moved my hands over different parts of my body - I could feel energy and again cold and hot in these parts of my body. I tried to do the movements which I did not "see" and interesting thing - I did not feel relaxed or hot and cold. When I stared to follow the "pictures" I could again have this feelings of relax etc.

E. G.

• Like 1

I found in a Russian translation this fragment of a text from XIII century - “Xiu Xian Bian Ho Lun” (“Arguments dispelling the doubts regarding the perfection of immortality”) by the Taoist alchemist Bo Yu Chan. In it he gives an account of a talk of his teacher Chen Niwan about the three levels or three ways of the Taoist alchemy. It seems that from the higher method toward the lower one the interpretation of the basic terms and the alchemic elements (lead, mercury, water, fire) becomes more gross and physical.

Simultaneously the time for the cultivation increases, while the probability of success decreases. The first method is taught directly (through the consciousness or spiritually), the second – orally (esoterically) and the third is learnt from the books (exoterically). It seems to me that the Tai Shang Men method falls under the first category or the way of the Celestial Immortals – so this is evidence that it was actually known at least from hearsay as early as the Sung era.

Here is the text itself:

“Chen Niwan said:

Al right. I’ll tell you about this. There are three levels of the teaching for attaining immortality; there are three realizations of the fusion of the elixir.

Those who have acquired the way of the Celestial Immortals can make transformations and metamorphoses and to ascend. Men with higher abilities can learn this. They regard the body as lead, the heart (consciousness) as mercury, and concentration as water and wisdom as fire. While tasting the food they can conceive (the immortal fetus) and the fetus matures for 10 months.

This is the higher method for the fusion of the elixir. In its base there are no trigrams and their lines, also no pounds and ounces. This method is simple and easy, that’s why it is transmitted through the heart (consciousness). It’s very easy to succeed in it.

Those who have acquired the way of the Water Immortals can come out and in, disappear and appear. Men with middle abilities can learn this. They regard Qi as lead, Spirit (Shen) as mercury, the earthly branch Wu (No. 7) as fire and the earthly branch Zi (No. 1) as water. During 100 days they can mix and fuse everything; after 3 years the image will be realized. This is the middle method for the fusion of the elixir. Although in it there are trigrams and their lines, still there are no pounds and ounces. This method is mysterious, that’s why it is transmitted orally. One can certainly succeed in it.

Those who have acquired the way of the Earth Immortals can leave their body and be in the world. The common men can learn this. They regard the sperm as lead, the blood as mercury, the kidneys as water and the heart as fire. For 1 year it is possible to produce (the fetus), after 9 years success can be achieved. This is the lower method for the fusion of the elixir. In it there are trigrams and their lines, and also pounds and ounces. This method is complicated and difficult, that’s why it is transmitted by letter. I am afraid that it is difficult to succeed in it.

The higher method for making of the elixir regards as ingredients of the medicine Jin (Vitality), Shen (Spirit), Hun (Human Soul), Po (Animal Soul) and thought, they regard as heating time (Ho Hou) movement, staying, sitting and lying, as circulation – Qing Jing (Purity and Clearness) and Zi Ran (Naturalness).

The middle method for making of the elixir regards as ingredients of the medicine heart, liver, spleen, lungs and kidneys, it regards heating time as years, months and days, it regards circulation as “embracing the primal” and “guarding the One”.

The lower method for making of the elixir regards as ingredients of the medicine sperm, blood, marrow, breath and bodily juices, they regard as heating time detention (of breath), swallowing, massage, pressure, they regard as circulation actualization (visualization), contemplation, raising and descending”.

• Like 4