Sign in to follow this  
Protector

Nature = Good

I have a funny request, guys

For amazing research purposes and porpoises, I need to find some of these old fashioned posts about nature around here.

The ones talking about how "da peeps" are drifting away from nature and getting obsessed with technology and how everything is bad. I even want to read some of these old Tulku ramblings but I don't want to look him up :D or if anyone else feels strongly about the topic, you could write something new in this thread.

jack-cute.jpg

• Like 1

Who trusted God was love indeed

And love Creation's final law

Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw

With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

(Tennyson: In Memoriam)

Hope that helps.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Last night we saw a free show with a fabulous older hippie lady playing acoustic guitar and singing. As I looked around, probably half the audience had their phones out looking at the screen. Now the sun is up with last bit of pink fading from the sky and I have been sitting here reading posts. I think people might be becoming cyborgs.

• Like 2

Well if we left our garden to nature it wouldn't be a garden for long.

:)

Nature's just itself, there's neither good nor bad in nature apart from what we choose to ascribe.

Weeds for example.

Weeds can be a nuisance as far as the gardener is concerned and a 'bad' thing if left unchecked.

But as far as the weed is concerned, it's just a plant going about its business.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

And so all the little plants have their day to strive and perhaps succeed under a spell of benign indifference.

What could be gooder than that? :)

• Like 2

I'm super pro-technology and I remember reading many pro-nature and anti-technology posts around here but I can't remember most of the points nature peeps keep making

All that comes to mind is that everyone likes cellphones and no one goes outside

I'm super pro-technology and I remember reading many pro-nature and anti-technology posts around here but I can't remember most of the points nature peeps keep making

All that comes to mind is that everyone likes cellphones and no one goes outside

I wouldnt say no one , but its becoming less popular they say ,, but Im outside all the time on the weekend, I do see folks at the beach ,and fishing and in parks and at the zoo and at museums , perhaps because I go there LIVE in REALTIME.

Percentagewise I have no idea what that looks like.

I guess ironically , I really dont see what point any of the technophiles make specific to them either. ..

Whats the technophile,,,,,, point. You like phones, I like phones , you like air , I like air.

Well if we left our garden to nature it wouldn't be a garden for long.

:)

Nature's just itself, there's neither good nor bad in nature apart from what we choose to ascribe.

Weeds for example.

Weeds can be a nuisance as far as the gardener is concerned and a 'bad' thing if left unchecked.

But as far as the weed is concerned, it's just a plant going about its business.

Nature, as neitehr good nor bad, is then a prime example of righteousness, for that which rejects nature causes more harm than does nature in even her worst moods.

Nature is a nurturing mother, whereas the alternatives are warring men - all too often misguided fathers who, even in their right of mind, believe they are protecting their children and the mothers of their children but in the end only wind up killing the children of other mothers.

Nature does not kill; fools disregard or disrespect nature and get killed of their own arrogance or ignorance. or both.

• Like 2

Nature is constantly trying to kill us

We would be dead without technology

*drops mic*

Tech only gives you a half life ...neither dead or alive

In Nature there is Immortality, Bliss, Divinity, Life

• Like 1

See, this is what I was waiting for, silly nature talks

It's the fate of humanity to reach singularity and stop being just animals

The progress cannot be stopped and we will march on into the future

MUAHAHAHAHAHHA

*evil mustache twirl*

There is no reason it should be stopped, unless there's a good reason, and there aren't any

Nature is neither good nor bad. It simply is.

hmnn, it may treat Us as straw dogs, but imo, its damn good. Never forget its our Mother, in all definitions of the word.

• Like 1

Yes, nature is our mother and we are her children. Hence, everything we do and make and destroy is also natural.

Who trusted God was love indeed

And love Creation's final law

Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw

With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

(Tennyson: In Memoriam)

Hope that helps.

Impressively deep.

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 1

No disrespect intended, but calling nature a 'nurturing mother' is maybe taking anthropomorphism a step too far. :)

course when I wrote 'mother in all definitions',

I was certainly including mother f'cker.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this