Sign in to follow this  
sean

Moved the forum again ...

If you were playing on the forum within the past three hours, you'll notice it suddenly looks a lot different. This is a different piece of software. It has some extra features. It's also completely open source and has a large community behind it.

You'll have to re-register. It just takes a minute. (Ignore the disclaimer. I'll have to change that). You can also post as a guest.

You can still find the old forum here if you want to play with it:

www.seanomlor.com/tao2

Sean.

[edit] MathewQi, you mentioned using YahooGroups for the chat function. Not a bad idea. I like YahooGroups. We could also integrate a chat right into this phpBB forum though.. .check it out:

http://pjirc4phpbb.earlsoft.co.uk/

:twisted: Like the new look and emoticons too! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: twisted evil. Nice. I got my Sedona books, but haven't spent much time with them. Doesn't seem as simple as it sounded originally judging by flipping through them, but I'll stick with it. Sounds like a great 15sec practice. -Yoda

:twisted:   Like the new look and emoticons too! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: twisted evil.  Nice.  I got my Sedona books, but haven't spent much time with them.  Doesn't seem as simple as it sounded originally judging by flipping through them, but I'll stick with it.  Sounds like a great 15sec practice. -Yoda

Glad you like the site Yoda! I have a weak spot for emoticons as well. I was wondering the other day how the Sedona method would come across in book form. It comes across complicated? The tape set has 10 tapes so it actually is a bit of material but it's so simple the way it's presented in this format. I've been so busy but I will definitely try to get some mp3's up.

By the way, I uploaded a Yoda avatar for you. Go to "Profile", then go all the way to the bottom and choose "Select Avatar from gallery". You can also upload your own if you want. Max size is 100x100 pixels.

Cheers,

Sean.

YO SEAN GREAT JOB MY MAN!! THANKS A LOT!!!

IS THAT REALY YA THERE???

LOOKIN FORWARD TO CONVERSE!

BYE NOW,

RONNIETSU

no problem. I'd like to get this up on it's own domain asap ... can anyone think of any clever domain names?

taoistalchemy.net and .org are open but that is awful close to Keith's domain name.

see you figured out the avatars ronnie. I made you another one you can use if you want. You can select it same way I told Yoda above. and yeah I changed my avatar but that was me for a minute. :D

This is one beautiful home. I think we have evolved past the Healing Dao, and like a phoenix emerging from the ashes here we are.

I say we stay and take the burden off James. There will be little need to moderate because we can have categories here. For example, we can have a category for "rants and raves." :bounce:

-Plato

This is one beautiful home.  I think we have evolved past the Healing Dao, and like a phoenix emerging from the ashes here we are.

I say we stay and take the burden off James.  There will be little need to moderate because we can have categories here.  For example, we can have a category for "rants and raves."  :bounce:

-Plato

Thanks for the compliment Plato! :)

Exactly what I was thinking with the "rants and raves" category. hmmm... would you rather see the forum simple with maybe three categories like general discussion, taoist alchemy, and off-topic rants and raves.... or would you rather see more detailed categories?

no problem. I'd like to get this up on it's own domain asap ... can anyone think of any clever domain names?

taoistalchemy.net and .org are open but that is awful close to Keith's domain name.

see you figured out the avatars ronnie. I made you another one you can use if you want. You can select it same way I told Yoda above. and yeah I changed my avatar but that was me for a minute.  :D

TAOWARS.ORG, TAOBUMS.ORG, TAODRUNKS.COM

JUST MY 2 DINARS

RJ

Sean,

I would suggest we have:

general taoism

taoist alchemy

taoist sexuality

martial arts and physical training

off-topic

rants and raves

something like that... the idea being to cover all areas but not get too many topics.

this kinda' board has been a long time coming, I am glad someone took the initiative. Max and I had discussed the idea in the past but never acted on it.

I like those suggestions a lot. Do you think "other paths" should get it's own section... for example, posts more specific to buddhism, or christianity, etc...

Sure, as long as we don't get too crazy.  Well, we can always delete topics that nobody posts under.  :shrug:

I really need to install a chat room into this forum. :lol:

How obnoxious is this as a category breakdown:

general

___general discussion - random talk

___ranting and raving - extremely off-topic, potentially offensive material

tao yoga and alchemy

___ general - tao related, but not easily categorized

___philosophy - intellectual discussion, ie: philosophical taoism, buddhism, etc.

___qi gong and meditation - energy, breath, stillness, and emptiness practices

___medicine - diet, nutrition, tcm, etc.

___physical practice - wushu, body-flow, strength training, yoga, etc.

___jing gong - sexual practice

___geomancy, divination and astrology - feng shui, i ching, macrocosm, etc.

___art - music, dance, painting, poetry

___magick - talismans, ritual, etc.

___other paths - buddhism, sufism, christianity, hinduism, judaism, islam, kabbalah, etc ...

Hey Sean,

Just to say hello and thanks for providing the Buddhist/Taoist Sangha.

Your generosity will reap good karma to all beings.

Metta to all,

Harry Pain

Very good breakdown! If it gets too much to manage, you can appoint moderators for each area. This is what most of these boards do. Moderators job is just maintenance, not censorship. Make Ron Jeremy a moderator--that will make him happy!

BTW, I second Harry Pain's thoughts!

I liked in the other discussion group how it was structured, so it was possible to see everything from one single page. It would be a shame if we would end up loosing that funnctionality.

Speaking about categories I think we should immediatly have a category "site organisation" where we discuss how should we proceed. And just use the general discussion for things that don't enter in other categories.

I also posted a new topic but did not appear. How come? Does my account have to be validated or what?

Pietro

I liked in the other discussion group how it was structured, so it was possible to see everything from one single page. It would be a shame if we would end up loosing that funnctionality.

Yes, I liked it as well. I'm looking into it to see what software is awailable to do that kind of forum. :bounce:

Sheepish, I think Pietro suggested that we keep the forum open to guests being able to post. I think we should eventually take all of these decisions and make polls where everyone can vote. Heh, but I guess we'd have to turn off guest can post at least for the duration of the voting.

Pietro, are you still having problems posting new Topics?

Max and everyone ... please share any alternative software ideas. I'm willing to host multiple pieces of software on my site for testing purposes.

Pietro, are you still having problems posting new Topics?

No I can easily post new topics, as I will show you in a sec ;)

I'm willing to host multiple pieces of software on my site for testing purposes.

Thank you very much!

P.

Sheepish, I think Pietro suggested that we keep the forum open to guests being able to post. I think we should eventually take all of these decisions and make polls where everyone can vote. Heh, but I guess we'd have to turn off guest can post at least for the duration of the voting.

Please, read the page on the various voting systems I posted on the other topic: http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Voting...ystems#Approval

I know we already have a poll, but making an approval is verystraightforward (just list the options that are ok for you), and is a much better (more precise) way to vote.

Pietro

thats quite a list, as you say, if some go unused they can be delted.

i think there were about new posts on the old board on a good day, over time it adds up, but for those of us who check it everyday it was kinda nice to have all the messages in one place.

meditation - discussion of sitting practices

movement - moving practiecs, kung fu, qigong, etc

realizations - "cool" shit you realized and wanna share or discuss

health - what is called medicine on the above list

sex - duh

does "other paths" really make sense? arent we all headed to the same place? sure i may use a different technique, but does that make my expereince any different than anyone else's. maybe beliefs is a more appropriate title. perhaps it does make sense...

Cheers,

turbo

That is a nice breakdown. What do you think of this refinement of your idea?

general - general spiritual talk

stillness - vipassana, standing, emptiness

movement - chi kung, tai chi, body-flow, yoga, physical training, etc.

articles - longer, intelligently composed complete thoughts (probably where your "realizations" would go)

health - medicine, nutrition, diet, tcm, etc

sex - sexual practices, jing gong, tantra, etc.

training logs - daily practice journals and milestones

off-topic - completely unrelated rants and raves

Sean.

Sign in to follow this