Racism is a cult. It is a tranquilizer for the need to esteem one’s self as virtuous, worthy of respect, and worthy of the things that one wants. If you take away a person’s self-esteem, you also take away their courage to be themselves, the courage to make decisions, and to take action on those decisions. This is what makes shaming and suggestions of superiority so effective in brainwashing and controlling the decisions, and actions, of other people. It is the ultimate hooking agent of cults, including the cult of racism, where people are offered alternative bases for self esteem while simultaneously suggesting that anyone outside of the cult is “unworthy.”

In this article, I will show how “the cult of racism” perpetuates itself with the very same tools of manipulation and mind-control that cults use to obtain, and retain, their members. To do so, I will compare "the cult of racism" with a list of manipulative cult behaviours, created by Janja Lalich, Ph.D. & Michael D. Langone, Ph.D..

It is historical fact that many police officers, especially during the 50’s and 60’s, have been members of the KKK. Knowing that the KKK is a cult of violent, racist, ideologies, it is important to know that they operate and recruit in political, judicial, and police sectors. Not only this, but their power in history is significant, and so it’s important to know how they operate as a cult in society. Though the membership numbers may be smaller now, the reach of influence is palpable in the justice system and in the racist ideologies which “the cult of racism,” in general, continues to lather on vulnerable egos all around the world.

Please take a look at the following list of cult behaviours and manipulative tactics, by Janja Lalich, Ph.D. & Michael D. Langone, Ph.D. (http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm).

(Though the cult of racism exists in every corner of the globe, I compare the following points with the operations of white supremacy in the Western world, as it is that with which I am most familiar.)

Characteristics associated with cultic groups:

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

Racist brainwashing tells people that the contributions, customs, and wisdom of other cultures and races are irrelevant and worthless. Further, racists never seemed to have noticed that people from their own race also do anything that they accuse other races of doing. This is because they are unquestioning of the superiority of the leader, in this case, “the superior race.”

• Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

When questions are raised about the treatment of other races, the questions are ridiculed, and of course this would even have someone ex-communicated from the “brotherhoods” such as the KKK. When these “brotherhoods” hold power in law enforcement, judicial, and political sectors, the influence of their brainwashing also extends to people who want to make contacts and move up in these sectors. Thus, the inability to question the cultish racist behaviour seen in these sectors is indeed very dangerous, powerful, and difficult to overcome.

• Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

The collective gatherings of mass media events, so often subtly infused with imbalanced portrayals of racial groups, serves to meld together the collective unconscious of society into thought patterns about race and racial superiority. These thoughts become so deeply embedded that some don’t even realize they have them, or otherwise won’t accept that they do since they can’t imagine how they could have such diametrically opposed feelings at the same time about the same person. This repetition of imbalanced portrayals in the media works in the same way as a repeated ritual. It affects participants on the sub-conscious level, making the participants accept its “truths” even at the subconscious level.

• The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

Style of dress, music, speech, how you walk, how you greet your friends, etc. All of these are censured by the brainwashing of racism.

• The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

The parallel here is quite obvious: The myth of White people civilizing the world has been around for at least several hundred years. Of course, the ancient civilizations of Europe are children in comparison to the great civilizations of the Ancient Egyptians, which predate Aristotle by 1000s of years, and were most obviously not White. One should also not forget the initiative and influence of the Moors on the educational institutions in Europe, which effectively brought Europe out of “the dark ages” after the fall of Rome.

• The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

This essentially defines racism without using the word “race.”

• The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

This is rather obvious in the courts where white people are still found not-guilty of blatant crimes against black people, or otherwise given lenient sentences, while black people receive almost zero clemency for even minor crimes. Even though we supposedly have “united nations,” businesses take no accountability for their actions in the countries of peoples who, historically, have been oppressed by “the cult of racism.” Racists evidently do not feel accountable for their actions when they are perpetrated against peoples of a particular race.

• The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviours or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

For some reason this brainwashing tactic is so obvious in racist war-propaganda, yet so undetected in the imbalance of the media’s constant portrayal of race. These unquestioned perceptions, projected onto the minds of viewers, become conscious, and sub-conscious, false justifications for horrible treatment of people of particular races. Of course, people in positions of power are not immune to this, which makes these ideologies extremely dangerous when in they are in the unconscious minds of law enforcement professionals.

• The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

All very much a part of the manipulation that goes on inside any xenophobic group.

• The group is preoccupied with making money.

Racial myths have been perpetuated throughout history as a way to “excuse” slave labour, and continue to perpetrate unfair legal treatment, especially of African Americans, putting people in jail where they are forced to work for the corporations which profit from the prison labour system. It has even been documented that a judge in the United States had an agreement with a “super jail” to speedily fill its prison-labour positions. Of course, given the tendencies of police to “troll” (as in trolling for fish) on young Black men, mostly young Black men are forced into this type of labour.

Racism is also evidently an “excuse” for the exploitation of foreign workers, and economies, in the minds of the exploiters. The behaviours of Western businesses in countries that have been exploited by “the cult of racism” in the past is absolutely deplorable.

• Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities

People are expected to “act their race,” and adopt the prescribed values and norms which are falsely put forth as exclusive to the racial group. Fraternization with other groups and races is of course discouraged and ridiculed.

• Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

I don’t think I need to illustrate the parallels here.

• The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

This is evident in the way that some people become extremely uncomfortable when surrounded by people of a particular race. They just don’t even know how to function anymore in those situations. This is in part because they because they have become conditioned to fear being identified with “outsiders,” and also to believe that they and “outsiders” could never understand reality in the same way.

An apparent manifestation of this is the “white flight” that occurs when predominantly white neighbourhoods become populated by non-whites. It becomes frightening for some when faced with the differences of others, so they retreat to the sanctity of the cult to reassure themselves of inherent worth and entitlements. Racists cannot cope with the reality that their claim to status is an illusion, and that they in fact need a legitimate personal validation and claim of their virtues.

So, how do we intervene for someone who’s been manipulated into a trance of perceptual illusions? Well of course there’s never one answer for every situation, but I will remind you that they are under the spell of this false persona due their lack of awareness of, and confidence in, themselves. So, if you have the chance, try to help them in re-establishing these things.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 3

Is more like worshiping form and giving form permanence when form is by nature impermanence. You know what happens when sentient beings worship form? Suffering. Perpetuating a cycle of suffering. Not Tao. Not dharma. :)

Newly released genomes from around a dozen early inhabitants of Europe suggest that the continent was once a melting pot in which brown-eyed farmers encountered blue-eyed hunter-gatherers.

A report in Nature claims that present-day Europeans have ancestry from three groups in various combinations:

• Hunter-gatherers, some of them blue-eyed, who came from Africa more than 40,000 years ago
  • Middle Eastern farmers who migrated west much more recently
  • A mysterious population whose range may have spanned northern Europe and Siberia

These three groups were identified from the genomes of 8,000-year-old hunter-gatherers - one man from Luxembourg and seven individuals from Sweden - as well as the genome of a 7,500-year-old woman from Germany. The study was led by the University of Tübingen in Germany.

The research suggests that the individuals from Luxembourg and Spain probably had dark-skin and blue eyes. The German woman, meanwhile, had brown eyes and lighter skin, and was related to Middle Eastern groups.

Both the Luxembourg hunter-gatherer and the German farmer had a gene that breaks down saliva - and a feature that may have came about due to agricultural life.

However, neither of them had the ability to digest the sugar lactose, found in milk. The trait originally emerged in the Middle East after the domestication of cattle and later spread to Europe.

Previous studies suggested that Europeans today largely descended from Middle Eastern farmers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2535288/Light-skin-colour-Europeans-stems-ONE-ancestor-lived-India-Middle-East-10-000-years-ago.html#ixzz3AbOfNCR1

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, No! Another human race thread. Taking Tao apart to look at the pieces.

Judge the person according to the person. That is all.

• Like 3

Race and ' Equal Opportunities' is an industry here in the UK that keeps lots of people in cushy jobs and sweet salaries.

It's in their own interest to keep stirring the pot and identifying inequality and dissent where , usually; no dissent existed.

We are all of us human beings.

Equal and the same.

Almost all human beings treat other human beings as they find them.

If someone is OK with you, you're as likely as not to be OK with them.

No more fuel for any possible fire from me on this issue.

Nuff said.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

PS.

As a soon to be retired working-lifelong trade union official I have resolved to spend part of my retirement penning a magnum opus on UK salary inequality with relation to race and gender.

Thinking of a catchy title for my book and in light of a recent blockbuster mega million bestselling paperback I have decided to call my work...

" Fifty Grades of Pay."

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH RACISM.

Most people consider themselves better than others more important or above the others around them, so isn't racism then natural?

Different races are not all the same, they're not all equal, if they were we wouldn't need to keep trying to remind ourselves that they were. They're all very different, have different strengths and weaknesses. How could you possibly say that an Asian is physically equal to a Maori. It's not not true, Maoris are physically superior by far. Mentally, well i couldn't be sure, but those Japanese are pretty darned smart.

Cultures are different too, which make the people different also. Somebody may not like aspects of another's culture, thats fine. It pisses me off when i'm waiting in a line in china and 10 people push infront of me. Chinese think i'm rude when don't want to offer up all my best foods and be overly generous to guests. Are we the same? No.

It's only in multicultural countries where racism is such a big issue and everybody is brainwashed into thinking it is bad. They say it's bad because they want us all to get along, not fight, and continue working so that it pushing up GDP. In countries where there are not a lot of multiculturalism racism is everywhere. Racism is quiet big in China. Heck some Chinese even put themselves below Americans... they think America is "it".

There is nothing wrong with racism at all, the problem people wrongly believe is due to racism is in fact a lack of respect for a fellow man. Respect is needed and should be given to everybody. Violence or putting people down is wrong, but that has nothing to do with racism. Putting down someone who is fat is no different to calling an Englishman (Which i am) a pome basta*d, or a bald f*** . They say that racism is different though, people can't change the colour of their skin. Sure, but they can control where they live. If they don't like it go back to a different place where they feel comfortable, nobody is keeping them there other than themselves. Some people who are fat can't lose weight, i can't grow my hair back. Deal with it, don't expect the world to bend over backwards to sugarcoat everything for you. People crying to the judge because they got racially abused, what a load of rubbish. Suck it up, if you don't like it go somewhere else. Welcome to life, there are nasty people everywhere. Why can there be a law that can get you in trouble for being racist but some kids that get shitted on every day at school until they kill themselves don't even get a look at. It's only because the country gets higher GDP when every race just gets along and goes to work.

I racially profile all the time, and i think most people do it without even thinking about it. I find it incredibly accurate. I do however hold respect for everybody, even for some individuals who i feel don't deserve it. I am not violent and i don't talk ill about people without good reason. Racism is blamed for alot of the troubles of the world, but in fact racism is not to blame at all. People are to blame.

• Like 2

I can't hit the "Like" button because many would take it as a misunderstanding of my intentions but I do admire your honesty in that post.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH RACISM.

Most people consider themselves better than others more important or above the others around them, so isn't racism then natural?

Different races are not all the same, they're not all equal, if they were we wouldn't need to keep trying to remind ourselves that they were. They're all very different, have different strengths and weaknesses. How could you possibly say that an Asian is physically equal to a Maori. It's not not true, Maoris are physically superior by far. Mentally, well i couldn't be sure, but those Japanese are pretty darned smart.

Cultures are different too, which make the people different also. Somebody may not like aspects of another's culture, thats fine. It pisses me off when i'm waiting in a line in china and 10 people push infront of me. Chinese think i'm rude when don't want to offer up all my best foods and be overly generous to guests. Are we the same? No.

It's only in multicultural countries where racism is such a big issue and everybody is brainwashed into thinking it is bad. They say it's bad because they want us all to get along, not fight, and continue working so that it pushing up GDP. In countries where there are not a lot of multiculturalism racism is everywhere. Racism is quiet big in China. Heck some Chinese even put themselves below Americans... they think America is "it".

There is nothing wrong with racism at all, the problem people wrongly believe is due to racism is in fact a lack of respect for a fellow man. Respect is needed and should be given to everybody. Violence or putting people down is wrong, but that has nothing to do with racism. Putting down someone who is fat is no different to calling an Englishman (Which i am) a pome basta*d, or a bald f*** . They say that racism is different though, people can't change the colour of their skin. Sure, but they can control where they live. If they don't like it go back to a different place where they feel comfortable, nobody is keeping them there other than themselves. Some people who are fat can't lose weight, i can't grow my hair back. Deal with it, don't expect the world to bend over backwards to sugarcoat everything for you. People crying to the judge because they got racially abused, what a load of rubbish. Suck it up, if you don't like it go somewhere else. Welcome to life, there are nasty people everywhere. Why can there be a law that can get you in trouble for being racist but some kids that get shitted on every day at school until they kill themselves don't even get a look at. It's only because the country gets higher GDP when every race just gets along and goes to work.

I racially profile all the time, and i think most people do it without even thinking about it. I find it incredibly accurate. I do however hold respect for everybody, even for some individuals who i feel don't deserve it. I am not violent and i don't talk ill about people without good reason. Racism is blamed for alot of the troubles of the world, but in fact racism is not to blame at all. People are to blame.

I have a real problem with your narrative. Especially the remark "there is nothing wrong with racism".

• Like 1

Really? Am I the only one who can understand and to see through this "form?" Racism, here in this context, is about the color of your skin, period. Your identity and social status as defined by the color of the skin, period. You know, back in couple of hundreds of years ago, the Europeans were fighting amongst themselves for nationalistic, tribal, and religious reasons. They were not at war with one another because you have a darker tan than some Northern Europeans. Heheheh....

There is such a thing call ethnic identity versus identity based on the color of your skin. What is your ethnic identity if you are Hispanic but have a whiter skin than someone from Sweden??? Race, at least in America, is defined by the color of your skin, period. In other parts of the world like China or Japan or in some EU countries, your racial identity is more about your language and the place of your birth.

Remember, forms are impermanent. Some forms are more impermanent than others.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 2

In earlier research, Keith Cheng from Penn State College of Medicine reported that one amino acid difference in the gene SLC24A5 is a key contributor to the skin colour difference between Europeans and West Africans.

‘The mutation in SLC24A5 changes just one building block in the protein, and contributes about a third of the visually striking differences in skin tone between peoples of African and European ancestry,’ he said.

Light skin in Europeans stems from ONE 10,000-year-old ancestor who lived between India and the Middle East, claims study
  • The mutated segment of DNA was itself created from a combination of two other mutations commonly found in East Asians

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2535288/Light-skin-colour-Europeans-stems-ONE-ancestor-lived-India-Middle-East-10-000-years-ago.html#ixzz3AfK2pf8Q

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Blood connects the spirit with the flesh.

The physical world is the spiritual world made manifest.

All the different races of man has a different spirit.

So when you hear of things like killing of an entire race of people or bloodlines and other racist things just look at it from a more spiritual point of view to see whats going on.

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 1

Racism is a very human thing. I don't like considering it a cult and pointing to a group like the KKK, because it shifts the focus to Them, when the focus should be us.

I fight against my own racist tendencies. The dividing and judging humanity by skin color, sex, religion, foot wear... Such racism makes life easier, ie you don't have to think anymore, we've already peg holed any individual we meet. Its dangerous slippery slope too, the more prejudiced we are the more evidence we inevitably find for it, especially these days where the internet is used to support our negativity.

Welcoming others with an open mind or learning the best from other cultures become impossible. We create self fulfilling prophecies. Silent prejudices are loudly expressed through body and facial minutiae.

On the third hand, one shouldn't be so nice and liberal that one exposes oneself to avoidable danger.

• Like 2

Racism is a very human thing. I don't like considering it a cult and pointing to a group like the KKK, because it shifts the focus to Them, when the focus should be us.

Just going to note that the article wasn't supposed to focus only on the KKK, but show how their brainwashing has infected society at large.

I don't have much to say about the other responses here. other than the fact that every race has its idiots and its geniuses, its weaklings and its supermen, its saints and its heartless crooks. The problem of the brainwashing that goes on in society is that people expect races to be only one side of these things. This makes life extremely difficult for some who have to work literally 10 times harder to find a job or even an apartment simply because people are so brainwashed by racism.

Anyways, people have spoken their mind and now we know what they think.

"Sand is weighty, and stone is heavy, but who can suffer the provocation of a fool?" No time for that.

• Like 1

Racism is a very human thing.

Physical problems often have a spiritual root.

Racism is more than a slight apprehension when around someone from another race...

The killing of women and children the enslavement of entire races....is demonic and not in human nature.

On the third hand, one shouldn't be so nice and liberal that one exposes oneself to avoidable danger.

I would like to know where you got that third hand from.

• Like 2

I have a real problem with your narrative. Especially the remark "there is nothing wrong with racism".

You might try reading that as "recognizing the differences but not discriminating because of it".

The killing of women and children the enslavement of entire races....is demonic and not in human nature.

But that has been going on for thousands of years and is still going on today. In fact, it doesn't even have to be about race, it can just as easily be about religion or all the various forms of greed.

And most people just won't leave the Jews alone. There's always some group wanting to kill them.

Ah! The more differences we notice between ourself and others gives us more reasons to hate the others who are different.

I feel the same way. The part that bothers me most is the "-ism".

Good catch. -ism indicates an act, a tractice, a process; manner of action or behavior characteristic.

But I doubt he was suggesting being this way.

He was speaking more to recognizing the differences and the potential of those differences.

But that has been going on for thousands of years and is still going on today. In fact, it doesn't even have to be about race, it can just as easily be about religion or all the various forms of greed.

And most people just won't leave the Jews alone. There's always some group wanting to kill them.

Ah! The more differences we notice between ourself and others gives us more reasons to hate the others who are different.

Good point. Let me put it like this.

Have you ever seen the movie "snow white and the huntress"?

When the evil queen ruled things all the land around her started to turn evil and decay.

There is some truth to this.

If all the other races of man were destroyed this would change the spirit of mankind for good as the different races bring balance to mankind. The surviving race that enacted the racism would have very bad karma and aura.

The earth would reflect this and change as well.

and not for the better.... the world would become darker.

Just like you cant have an evil and dark entity in your house without it affecting you the earth can not handle such a large and evil presence in the physical realm.

There is much to this.

• Like 1

Good point. Let me put it like this.

Have you ever seen the movie "snow white and the huntress"?

I can't recall seeing the movie although I do recall the title.

Yes, dark is generally attached to evil, and light to good. Just look at the word "enlightenment".

I recall not too long ago the term "Black is beautiful". Sad that didn't stay long.

At this poiint all I can do is repeat myself: Judge the person according to the person. There is, afterall, only one human race. All the Neanderthal have been killed off or assimilated.

Racial profiling is a disgusting habit.

People justified their racism in the past based on arguments like "i'm just basing it on what I see."

Please note that what they 'saw' was cultural not racial.

A class of very poor African Americans, fresh out of slavery, with little access to education, a whole lot of access to less than effective coping skills, high stress, cultural and personal PTSD... Well what you see is cultural, not Racial.

The 'smart asians' that get adopted and grow up with american families do no better than anyone else around them. The 'smart asians' who grow up in a culture that demands 16 hours of study a day on the other hand... well, there is the stereotype.

• Like 3