deci belle

Breaking the Chain

Dawei wrote of an unbroken chain to clarify something.

That's how it is, but then I thought about how it is before seeing reality, when one is part of a relative continuum since birth and childhood and one endeavors to risk one's conditional (social) identity to discover who one really is, and we become teenagers and identify with our adolescent rebelliousness— our separateness that somehow rings true …how it has to work.

But then we identify as one of a totality of separatenesses and then the rawness of discovery dims (for most) and many pair off to create yet other separate unities to create yet other cycles of changing chains opening and closing again without end.

What of Buddha proclaiming the way to freedom from these rounds of birth, suffering and death?

When the great and ancient teachings referring to the Changeless source are tossed around by mouths that have never tasted the source of a changeless unity inspiring the classics themselves, how is it possible to open up the light of awareness as is? It cannot be opened up because it is already shining as the unity of Mind neither ignorant nor enlightened.

A huge problem is that indulgence in ignorance presumptuously assumes that differences are arrived at by the same means, i.e.: thinking. Therefore if others would just think differently…

Taoist alchemy teaches that people are completely good at birth, and following the natural course of development, yang eventually peaks followed by the rising of yin energies.

This illustrates the chain being broken (yin energies) the first time. For most people this is simply necessary. It was for me, but it was over by age 22, living internationally. There are many instances in the hagiographies of the buddhist luminaries and taoist saints and teachers of not entering into conventional society at all.

At this point in taoist alchemical teachings, in terms of the virtual culmination of yin energies, it is said that if one can somehow reverse the process and revert to what one was before one was born, one will accomplish the re-unification of one's potential within the source of reality.

But that's not all. And this is where the wagging mouths crap out. Not one of the free-thinkers are able to discuss the application of such a realization of universally positive sourced experience at root of the teachings they toss around as a recreational pastime.

Lately, the formulaic intelligentsia's rage is Nihilism and that's about it~ Eternalism is so out (only the god-fearing concern themselves with such trifles).

So there's a bit of the inherited chain and the natural course of breaking it and then arriving at a unified selfless identity of the totality of being and nonbeing, unborn and undying. But not a word of its application.

Let the philosophers with no way to apply the extreme of emptiness (that has no such emptiness) or otherwise, go on and on about nihilism as opposed to (?) until they kill any potential the subject may have held (at this point in time) for any real aha moment that could be applied in ordinary situations.

By the time Stosh et al come knocking at my door …it's as dead as a doornail.❤︎

ed note: follow my own advice and change "with" to "within" in 8th paragraph, get the proper Americanism down at the last word.

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

Dawei wrote of an unbroken chain to clarify something.

There was a few ideas I had which didn't come out...

- chain as unity but life experience explains it as continuous links of discrete parts.

- chain as unity... no links are necessary... but one has to explain the idea of no links

- chain as unity... no real chain... can call it unity... but this is just a word to satisfy a forum.

Taoist alchemy teaches that people are completely good at birth, and following the natural course of development, yang eventually peaks followed by the rising of yin energies.

This illustrates the chain being broken (yin energies) the first time. For most people this is simply necessary.

Once the umbilical cord (chain) is cut, then essence/energy is no longer forced feed to the stomach (LDT) and moves (fire rises) to the chest (MDT) to develop the heart energy... and onward to the other parts of the body (water descends, etc).

This is but yet another chain explanation from creating a pre-heaven and post-heaven explanation of life. We can use a chain but this is but words which fall short.

At this point in taoist alchemical teachings, in terms of the virtual culmination of yin energies, it is said that if one can somehow reverse the process and revert to what one was before one was born, one will accomplish the re-unification of one's potential within the source of reality.

True... meaning, the reversal process depends on an unfolding process.. step-wise understanding forward and then backwards... If we let rational thinking take over, this is the way to go. And we can try to reverse things.

So there's a bit of the inherited chain and the natural course of breaking it and then arriving at a unified selfless identity of the totality of being and nonbeing, unborn and undying. But not a word of its application.

I find the chain is a shadow of the manifest world which we are supposed to realize there is nothing in our grasp; there is no chain and nothing to break.

The chain seems to be the illusion of any unified self to being-non-being. the chain means not-one [chain]; not-two [links]... just a thought... still stuck in words... Seeing is.

- chain as unity... no real chain... can call it unity... but this is just a word to satisfy a forum.

That's the best we can do here. The way I read your original use of the term in that other thread was that the situation is whole.

I don't even consider it in terms of a set of individuals, because there is so much more going on (or not) in terms of potential.

There are times to break the chain or leave it as is. Breaking it for self-gratification ignorant of the reality of potential is NOT one of those times in terms of adapting impersonally to ordinary situations.