Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

amusing ebay post

:D That was funny. She got a good price for them, didnt she, and a few blog fans. Very funny. I feel for her, It' s a nightmare doing any kind of shoppping with just my two. I brief them like she does too, in advance. But I still feel weighed down with disaproving looks by the time I reach the checkout..

Cat,

You stepped on my rant button:

I'm proud that my kids are the only ones in the store who still know how to have a good time. People should be coming up to them to ask them how they too can crack a smile and laugh a little. If they don't have the the wits about them to appreciate children, then they are beyond my help in this life. I just know that at least they aren't suffering too badly and that they'll have fresh little bodies soon enough and will be having lots of fun too. If it comes to it, I'll tell them to take up the matter with my children directly as I won't. If the kids break something, I'll pay for it... so everyone can relax. I do avoid fine China shops, of course.

Why people dislike children and like what's on TV is totally beyond me.

I *wish* I knew how to have fun like that...

Cat, don't get weighed down by disapproving looks... your kids are the saviours of this planet and their playfulness is the most powerful weapon in the arsenal of happiness. Even though everyone shows the cross sign like they are fending off vampires around them, still putting their happy energy out there is doing a great service. The path that you and your crew are cutting through the jungle of grumpiness is one that these same people will gratefully use in their next life and lives.

Yoda

yep, I'm with you 100% Yoda.

:)

I just wish their spontaneous and unconstrained sense of play didnt result in me staring at packets of rice and noodles ( for example ) for minutes on end, in a state of unfocused dazedness, forgetting what I meant to buy, while they turn the shop into a playground.

But in fact, it IS, or should be a playground. I'll take your sentiment with me, and hold it closely, next time

shopping chaos comes my way.

Yeah I try to go with a written list, give the kids a couple of positively oriented slogans, and for some reason my 4 year old son, Kell, is somehow not even able to hear me when he's shopping but my almost 8 year old daughter, Freya, can still reach him. So sometimes after a rather successful attack run I'll ask her, for the geezers' sake, to pull him out of the quaking women's underwear rack and encourage him to go after the shoe section for instance. Freya has been lectured a few times by store employees that she realizes that this is guerrilla warfare and caution must be exercised... so I'm lucky it's a pretty rational situation. Plus the troops and I are determined to be in a cheerful mood before we engage in any outings.

In any case, Mrs Yoda does the bulk of the shopping with the kids and I have no idea how all that goes. Imho, she has a less evolved mindset but a much more evolved vibe than I do, so I'm sure it all works out.

Well, I don't know if I'm bowable, but the poo ropes and shopping with kids abilities would be good ones for the local beauty pageant talent show if they accepted guys that is. Maybe they can add a talent show to the Mr. Olympia contest and I could still do well overall despite the fact that I would refuse to wear the gstring thingy.

Sign in to follow this