TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

What is it your really trying to say? :P

This is just perspectivism which Zhuangzi rails against. Yes, we need a reference point or position: for a car, the 'right' headlight is from the driver's perspective, not while looking at the car from the front.

But in this world, what does it really matter as either view is an illusion.

Next thing you know, your going to tell me South is Up. :D

A picture is worth a thousand words. Why not create some Youtube demonstrations ;)

Perpetual-motion machines are fun.

I do have a question, though...

You have repeatedly told us that you only have a fourth-grade education but you also told us the name of the junior high school you attended. In most parts of the country (all I've encountered, actually), junior highs are seventh through ninth grades.

Guess that's not really a question, on second thought -- just a curious observation...

yes correct , i went all the way to 12th grade but failed all but a few classes like science , wood shop Science went to the 10th grade .

re read my post again it says "formal" education . I was removed from the 5th and 6th grade and then put back in at 7. Nobel jr high school , northridge calif .

the 7th thru 12 was so hellish , i felt like an idiot and i didn't understand why i was so screwed up but now I understand . The school system didnt care if I got all F's and my parents instsed I not be set back . CRAZY i know.

Latter I went on to enlist US navy , then worked for an alarm company , hence my experience with electrical systems and magnetics. I latter started an alarm business that did very very well until the crash or 08 . Its nothing new . All things start off well and end poorly like all life forms and things in the universe , Typically speaking . Like a baby to adult and then death . My alarm business was my baby .

anyways here"s a demonstration of the double vortex at the core of the planet .

For me this is another venture. I may or may not build the almost unity devise from magnets and batteries. Its easy to do though.

You use batteries that are not perpetual , they have a life span of many years depending on their size and quality . When two magnets repel after going in a circle , one of the two magnets must be nulled temporarily for the other magnet to past through the field and the re energize as soon as it gets past the positive point when it again is repealed .

The battery is used to null the magnet pole and the circular motion is use the recharge the battery and the cycle will go as long as the battery is able to be recharged.

When you add current to a copper coil, it nulls the magnet pole until it passes then the electricity is removed and its recharged. It all happens very fast and you use gravity for the extra boost.

put two magnets end to end in opposition . and force them together . Then let go . they will repel apart .

at that moment , gravity will bring the top magnet down but when it drops, it hits the nulled pole of the magnet and makes contact . Then the battery voltage is removed from the copper coil that nulls the magnet and the top magnet is pushed upwards. The up and down motion acts as a generator and keep the battery charged.

What is it your really trying to say? :P

im saying if any one has any questions , like Brain has , Im willing to talk .

This is just perspectivism which Zhuangzi rails against. Yes, we need a reference point or position: for a car, the 'right' headlight is from the driver's perspective, not while looking at the car from the front.

can you add more context to this statement . Rails against ? perspective and dimensions are both illusions but if I just come out and tell every one. its meaningless. Goes right over their heads so to speak.

Theres another issue. Awareness has levels all the way up to absolute and all the way down to death or zero.

In order for me to communicate with a person , I need to lower mine to meet theirs. LITERALLY and when I do I become just as unaware as they are and I end up saying things and seeing the same illusion they do and we get nowhere.

So I need to be slightly higher and pull them up to me and not down to them . This is exactly how I get tripped up with the same illusions as they do .

But in this world, what does it really matter as either view is an illusion.

I cant tell you that , you must do the exercises and "get it " then you'll know . Only half the world is an illusion and the other half reality . The purpose is to vanish the illusions and see just the reality . You'll be twice as aware as everyone ont he planet . But awareness is not fixed. It goes up and down like a pendulum.

Some days all the traffic lights go green and you zip right on through . NOTHING can stop you and other days , you'll hit every red light and traffic jams, long lines and delays that will drive you insane.

The object that goes up in the gravity field and then returns downwards, is nothing more than a wavelength of yang and yin . The negative force that generates gravity in compounded as it increases velocity temporarily .

The illusion is that it stops motion at the peak when in reality it does not ever stop. Just like a baseball it travels up and continues down .

Next thing you know, your going to tell me South is Up. :D [Added: I see you already commented on this and South is down.... :o ]

south is an illusion . The reality is that there is only up><down Left >< right Front ><back . You can add all the names or perspective and dimensions you like but they are all illusions. You "See" that when you raise awareness levels .

A picture is worth a thousand words. Why not create some Youtube demonstrations ;)

not gonna work . Perhaps with a very intelligent physicist who willing to be patient and is not compulsively playing games. YES MAYBE . But even then hell have a ton of questions and the video does not speak back in an interactive way .

Brain seems like he knows a thing or two but his attitude with me prevents us working together. He needs to just listen and observe and set aside the things he doesnt get and go with what he does . Sooner or latter he will " get it " too .

The exercises I have seem so insignificant , they may appear to be useless and leading no where. So they abandon it before they even start.

What we need is SEAN to set aside some time and whip up a program like a computerized chess game with all the correct perimeters and criteria . Then feed it questions and see if it spits out the correct answers. If so , it can then be used to answer all questions we can dream up about life and the universe. It the program gets just one question correct , it will get them all correct. Perhaps even spirituality . There is no god particle . That is the biggest joke in the universe. :lol: But there is in fact spiritual life and you can call it what ever you want. Its a hot topic and people die over this subject in wars . But that is another subject . Just more yang and yin in opposition.

The universe is so simple and yet it appears to be so complex. WHY ? illusions. When you vanish the illusions, the universe shows its true simple colors and the more who see it the better off the world becomes.

On the Yin side?

Who give a crap? . Im gonna die and Im not taking any of this with me and why try to fight the birth life and then death cycle. blah blah blah blah . Is it a mute point ? Yes in the end but now while you're alive. We live life to experience life. If you prefer to experience it well and balanced, its best you understand how.

You'll understand that too when you get to the top of the top .

If you look at a galaxy from below it appears to be spinning in a fixed direction without any exceptions. But when you look at the same galaxy from above it appears to be spinning in the other directions.

it appears to be spinning with itself or against itself.

when you use the 6 terms above, rather than north south east west

you will find yourself vanishing illusions all over the place. and that is where they are all over the place.

What your saying is that's it a matter of perspective. If I was in Thailand to me 'the east' would be the USA which is 'the west'.

And I guess all 'i' mind is based in duality and thus has a perspective either here or there 'yang' and 'yin'.

I agree perspective or seeing through the 'i' mind is illusion but what we are seeing is real but it's only our filter is the illusion.?

By the way I use ' 'i' mind ' to denote our own personal commentator minds describing the world. I assume everyone bar a few have one and i assume this forums idea is pretty much about how to get rid of it and see truth. Although I fear 'i' mind dissecting and examining 'i' mind uncovers, discovers and discusses more 'i' mind and so the wheel turns...

By the way I have not read all the thread but I like Taomaster's confidence and will come back a read it all when I have time...

Peter S

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

Zhu Yuanyu:

Yin and Yang always attend upon one another. Their coming and going is called "transmutation." The inchoate Spirit is at their center, silent and unmoving.

• Like 2

Thx Peter, I will get back to you on my pc at home . On my Mobil now .

Silent answers .lol

You name says yin yang .

Sound + >< - silent

Answer+><-question

Many consider the questions always comming first but that's an illusion .

Knowing comes first and not knowing after.

The question always comes after knowing is not possible

The teacher has the answers yang and the student has the questions .

Way cool .

Hi again,

One question what is the practical application of knowing and working with Yang and Yin aspects then?

I have thought about the in breath and out breath and using each for perhaps affirmations. Or I could hold the yang breath or vice versa for effecting my energetic balance perhaps? Although I am more of a let it be kind of person.

I like things simple and practiclal. I brake everything down to its bare useful components. Simplicity is beautiful.

How is it of use to me? Sell it to me :-)

• Like 1

can you add more context to this statement .

perspective and dimensions are both illusions but if I just come out and tell every one. its meaningless. Goes right over their heads so to speak.

Words are reference points and are not reality. Zhuangzi spoke against giving any priority to "this" over "that"; neither side of the complement has preference or priority. Thus, no perspective is to be favored or put on a pedestal. To do so would be to stay victim to dualistic thinking and keep one away from Unity/Singularity.

south is an illusion . The reality is that there is only up><down Left >< right Front ><back . You can add all the names or perspective and dimensions you like but they are all illusions. You "See" that when you raise awareness levels .

Yes, south is an illusion but so is Up. Ancient chinese assigned South as Up. We assign South as Down. It is just relative perspective; both are correct in their frame of reference.

I recall the psychology test concerning how images are formed on our retina as upside-down.

"In one psychological study, participants were asked to wear inverting lenses - lenses that invert the image BEFORE they get to your eye, so that when your eye inverts it, it's right-side-up. At first, everything appeared upside-down to the participants. But, after a few days, people began to report that everything appeared right-side-up! As a second part of the study, the people were asked to take the glasses off. Because they were now used to the lenses, their NORMAL vision appeared upside-down!! Within a day, though, their vision returned to normal. "

Who give a crap? . Im gonna die and Im not taking any of this with me and why try to fight the birth life and then death cycle. blah blah blah blah . Is it a mute point ? Yes in the end but now while you're alive. We live life to experience life. If you prefer to experience it well and balanced, its best you understand how.

You'll understand that too when you get to the top of the top .

I was mostly referring to trying to prove a dualistic perspective as correct or reality. I've pretty much moved beyond duality dependence. I can use the language but for now, the 'travel' you mentioned is where my travels have taken me.

• Like 1

Many consider the questions always comming first but that's an illusion .

All the answers are already available. We just have to ask the right question.

• Like 1

Hi again,

One question what is the practical application of knowing and working with Yang and Yin aspects then?

increase of yang attributes and decrease of yin attributes simultainiously and consistantly

"Nirvana" 1 with all life and the ability to see all things and life forms through the bro who puts it all here in the firs place. YOU.

Every thing and every one is here because you put them here, including me .

Everything and every one is here because I put them here including you .

THAT is what makes us spiritually 1 but telling you this is TOO much to "Get" it trips the proverbial circuit breaker so to speak .

You must know this on your own for you own as you own and when you do , you will not be able to convince others of it either. THEY must do the same.

Been there and done that more than once . and I now how to get back . Im here now in a much less unaware state in order to comunicate effectively with Y'all. If you want to have a convo with an ant you must become one first . No offence, to you or anyone else but it is what it is.

I have thought about the in breath and out breath and using each for perhaps affirmations. Or I could hold the yang breath or vice versa for effecting my energetic balance perhaps? Although I am more of a let it be kind of person.

all good, try the exercises on my PP page . Its linked at the bottom

I like things simple and practiclal. I brake everything down to its bare useful components. Simplicity is beautiful.

How is it of use to me? Sell it to me :-)

me too , check this out

What your saying is that's it a matter of perspective. If I was in Thailand to me 'the east' would be the USA which is 'the west'.

And I guess all 'i' mind is based in duality and thus has a perspective either here or there 'yang' and 'yin'.

I agree perspective or seeing through the 'i' mind is illusion but what we are seeing is real but it's only our filter is the illusion.?

this is best answered on your own . THERE is no thing that con not be answered on your own and you can get to that point usubg the exercises I have for you on my personal practice page.

By the way I use ' 'i' mind ' to denote our own personal commentator minds describing the world. I assume everyone bar a few have one and i assume this forums idea is pretty much about how to get rid of it and see truth. Although I fear 'i' mind dissecting and examining 'i' mind uncovers, discovers and discusses more 'i' mind and so the wheel turns...

By the way I have not read all the thread but I like Taomaster's confidence and will come back a read it all when I have time...

Peter S

Thank you, Confidence is a good attribute to have , Yang obviously .

Please take some time and read all my posts . My awareness levels are up some days and lower on others its the yang yin wave lenth of going up to center then down , then back up then center and down . Perfect balance is a flat line. no wave lenth , location in space or time and I call this the null zone. You can get there but using the exercises.

I wasnt taugh this stuff , I found it but Ive spent many years looking for it taking l a little from things Ive noticed in life , Picking peices of the puzzel from all religions that i considered truth full as well as phsysics but nothing formal .

I met my wife in 2008 and what i was attracted to most was her ability to see me remotely from miles away . Then when I got home , shed tellme a little bit about what she saw me doing . She said she saw me put money on someones bed that day and that was exactly what i had done while visiting a frind of mine.

Shes from Peru and does allot of spiritual things that have been passed down from gererations.

He english was ok but not the best . We use vibrations to comunicate at first and broken sentences.

I had a small note book and I woud use words and draw pictures in the book as a means of comunication .

Onn day , I wanted to tell her how I use a couple basic prinicplas in life and a guide to determing which direction I want to go .

I starts writing happy on the left side of the book and sad on the right side. then smile anf frown good and bad help and hinder

and many many more words.

When ever she was undecided latter in our relationship I would remind her to use the left side of the book .

After I made the list , I noticed something very interesting about it . It seemed to answer so many mysteries about life and it was so simple to construct. I had no idea I was using yang and yin . for me it was just right wrong good bad happy sad laugh and cry .

I knew of the yang yin symbol but still did not associate it with my notes . Latter on I read some materials regarding the law of duality and noticed some opposites in the materials as well like know and not know , help and hinder, etc .

so to make a long story short I colapsed the self +><- others package ( as i call it ) and it happened . When I colapsed it all the others colapsed with it and I went one with all life inthe universe seeing though the eyes of all life who is , the creator of all things and more of the the basic law of duality that goverens all life in the universe.

Life , has no location in time and can do anything life wants, with or with out law of duality . There are things Ive doon as a child that have a direct relationship to things I do today but at that "time" i had no ides of the conections .

Life has the ability to be total yang or yin at lifes whim. Just by simple desire. But you can see this for yourself when you use the exercises to get "there"

Thanks again for the kind words. Ill add you to my friend list now LOL :lol: Thanks sincerely with all my heart :wub::)

Hi Taomaster

Reading this thread from the beginning currently on page 6 it's quite long now...

Liked what you said about a lie not existing without a truth but a truth does exist without a lie.

One question on the LOD (Law Of Duality?).

What is it for you? Is it simply birds of a feather flock together. Like attracts like?

Ok back to page 6...

• Like 1

Words are reference points and are not reality. Zhuangzi spoke against giving any priority to "this" over "that"; neither side of the complement has preference or priority. Thus, no perspective is to be favored or put on a pedestal. To do so would be to stay victim to dualistic thinking and keep one away from Unity/Singularity.

I feel the best way to vanish duality or see the whole rather than the oppsoing poles is to first understand what duality is and what its not. This is the purpose for my personal practice page. I dont tell you , you tell yourself. You figure out life on your own and not from reading about someone elses wisedom. Its not all bad but the best way to understand a thing is to experienec the thing first hand and know it for yourself .

Yes, south is an illusion but so is Up. Ancient chinese assigned South as Up. We assign South as Down. It is just relative perspective; both are correct in their frame of reference.

My point was that its best to use up and down left and right front and back rather than vias. Just go to the basics from which all things are derived.

UP down Left right FRONT back are second next to the basic postive and negative and positive is more basic than yang and yin but it will vanish as soon as you take your attention off of it . SO life puts opposition there to hold it in place and then lives between yang and yin in the null zone going back and forth generating sensations in the balance point ( or no sensations )

I recall the psychology test concerning how images are formed on our retina as upside-down.

The way I see it ? is that which "views" mental images IS life, the creator of all things. not the brain.

"In one psychological study, participants were asked to wear inverting lenses - lenses that invert the image BEFORE they get to your eye, so that when your eye inverts it, it's right-side-up. At first, everything appeared upside-down to the participants. But, after a few days, people began to report that everything appeared right-side-up! As a second part of the study, the people were asked to take the glasses off. Because they were now used to the lenses, their NORMAL vision appeared upside-down!! Within a day, though, their vision returned to normal. "

I was mostly referring to trying to prove a dualistic perspective as correct or reality. I've pretty much moved beyond duality dependence. I can use the language but for now, the 'travel' you mentioned is where my travels have taken me.

if your happy , im happy . and I mean that sincerely. If your not then im not either. Its just the way I am .

Thanks for your comments and questions. :)

• Like 1

Hi Taomaster Reading this thread from the beginning currently on page 6 it's quite long now... Liked what you said about a lie not existing without a truth but a truth does exist without a lie. One question on the LOD (Law Of Duality?). What is it for you? Is it simply birds of a feather flock together. Like attracts like? Ok back to page 6...

thanks again for excelent questions.

the law of duality is the basic law that governs all life and all things. But that does not mean life , the creator of the LOD is strictly bound by them . Life can do what ever life wants but puts boundrys ( laws ) in place as a means of order.

The law of duality is actually better said the law of opposition . But for there to be a law ( yin ) there must be some THING its "against " Thats YANG. Yang is the positve and YIN negative . Yang must come first before it can be opposed my YIN .

If there is no opposition , the truth ( yang ) on its own would simply vanish instantly after taking ones attention ( yin ) off of it .

All laws are yin and there is no exception to this . Laws only prevent and if someone makes a law t allow a thing , its not a true law .

all laws and all things ( and there is NO exception to this ) are derived from a set of basic laws or LAW . The law of duality .

the more recet in time as in present time the law is , the easier it is to break . But you wont break the basic law of dualty . If you do youll brake all the laws that are derived from it too . every thing in the universe including the universe will then vanish .

It has too many times and life puts it all back again to suit lifes desires.

Please take some time to read my posts and chime back in while you do as you go to ask me any thing you life about it .

when we help each other we help each other and when you help me I help you and when I help you you help me .

Its a win win deal for both of us . You may not realize this now but you will when you get well into the exercises and it will be you who sorts it all out for you self like ive done for myself. But Im here to help you too .

"Its quite a revelation to understand that life energy is opposed to negative thinking the reason why you feel bad when you think negative thoughts is because in that moment your life energy, the wholeness of life, does not agree with you. So when you think a negative thought you are on our own, disconnected from the source energy this disconnection is basically felt as a pull away from your wholeness, and hence its rightly called stress (which is just another name for emotional suffering). In simple words life does not give you the option of thinking negative thoughts without being disconnected from it there is no leeway, even the most subtle negative thought disconnects you from life force in that moment."

http://www.calmdownmind.com/life-does-not-join-you-in-negative-thinking/

Hi again,

I must say you are putting in the effort with this thread and and thanks for that.

i know life very well . Ive been one with all life . it happened last Febuary .

life IS aware of itself just like you are aware of yourself. Life is not physical . it creates physical

in the tao its known as the unspeakable or something to the degree. I know why . Life does not want to be known but it can never be fully unknown or it would no longer live .

i didnt read this in a book . i experienced this first hand . many will say ive experienced enlightenment and i agree but there are many levels of enlightenment just like many levels of awareness.

in terms of my human form? lets just say my pencil is not the shapest in the box. and my elevator does not go all the way up.

Can you explain this experience (last February one) and how it came about as am genuinely intrigued as I am on this forum as I as presume everyone is to understand myself and the world.

I apprecite this thread. I won't cut your head of to make myself feel taller but will point any holes (yin) I see and if they can be filled (yang) all we'll and good. Your words are free and I thank you for them as you say somewhere I am free to walk or talk and if this causes me pain why would I want more?

So in simple terms what does the law of duality state obviously in your opinion?

And as an exercise and on a practical level I should:

Make lists of all the + and - things and intuit/FEEL there qualities and learn to discern them in myself more and cultivate the + actions/feelings. This is because as like attracts like I will then attract more +'s and this way I will use the law to my advantage (obey the law) and be myself too.

I am 'writing between the lines' here so further clarification may further my understanding.

Sincerely,

Peter S

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

this is not tao mastery and I continue to see your true color of opposition to me . Its been there all along . Its very clear now you have a big problem with my statements and name taomaster. I act like one because I am one . :) as per the above definition . I became one last Febuary and im still one today . In fact more of a taomaster now than ever before. My yang attribute are increasing in a progressive manor.

I don't care about right or wrong but I do about rational truth. If he is in opposition to you are you not also in opposition to him?

Is 'opposition' yin? Is opposition 'bad' not real? Should he just agree with you? No malice here just trying to understand this thread...

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

:)

But it apears that so far there truly is not any referen from any text about how yang and yin are determined or that is it a matter of oppinion or perspective.

I think Beyonder does here but I admit it's a little mysterious and vague but I think what it's saying is be natural and do what you feel (please correct me if I am wrong).

How does one recognise yin or yang in daily life? Well:"When what you have studied leaves your mind entirely, and practice also disappears, then, when you perform whatever art you are engaged in, you accomplish the techniques easily without being inhibited by concern over what you have learned, and yet without deviating from what you have learned. This is spontaneously conforming to learning without being consciously aware of doing so."-Yagyu Munenori, A Hereditary Book on the Art of War

We'll you have proclaimed your a great TaoMaster and in all honesty I don't know if you are as I am not one and how can I know that which I am not?

So the BIG question is (only read up to page 12 properly so forgive me if you have explained this later...).

The BIG question for me is (drum roll).

How do you tell what is yang and what is yin then??

And I am guessing from your frustrations with other people it should be very simple and easy to understand.

Thanks,

Peter S

Edited by Infinity

Hi Taomaster,

sorry for all these posts but just thought why do things have six sides? It seems every object is placed in a square or rectangular space with your position, why? Is this rational do we know enough about the universe all I know is I don't.

How have you arrived at this conclusion?

A circle has one outside, simple and beautiful. And an inside I guess?

Thanks all am enjoying this thread. Cannot say I understand it all yet, honesty is yang?

On page 16 and going to bed. Tbc...

All my best.

Peter S

Edited by Infinity

Hi Taomaster,

sorry for all these posts but just thought why do things have six sides? It seems every object is placed in a square or rectangular space with your position, why? Is this rational do we know enough about the universe all I know is I don't.

Good questions and no need to apologize. I like your avatar too . If you ever choose a new one, Id like to use the one you have for mine.

ok Ive mentioned this in my my threads some place a few times . You'll find them as you read on . It will take you a while to catch up but not nearly as long as it took me to produce them .

life ( the creator of all things ) @ 0,no mass, space, location life is the " zero thing" starts with an object at 1 and then opposes it at 2. So its a thing and that which opposes the thing. The basic law of duality is now born . Its thee most basic of all things in the universe AFTER life . Its is derived FROM life .

Then we get the " law of cube " I call it . Dimension and perspectives. ( all laws are yin by the way )

its derived as a direct result of the basic law of duality

its the third step ( action ) or third law we can call the law of triality

1. 0 + 1 = 1

2. 1 x 2 = 2

3. 2 x 3 = 6

the law of triality is :

top +><- bottom

front+><-back

left+><-right

3 sets of yang and yin and the order of significance is irrelevant. you can put them where ever you like as long as you keep the dual packages in their same respective classes .

In other words its not front >< right Left><top etc etc .

it forms a cube

all items in the universe from the smallest particle to the largest groups of partials are cube . Even if its round , octagon, triangular . The shape is irrelevant.

the triangle for example still has a top and bottom left and right sides and a front and back . So does your body and so does mine . No matter which way you turn it from any perspective or point of view you will always have this "cube " effect .

a thing in the universe will not exist without it .

Even my avatar has 6 sides. front back top bottom left and right and there are no exceptions to this rule other than the basic law of duality with is where is derived from . I may have left this out in my former posts but " oh well " . im dong this from what I see right now and its not something Ive read about . You wont find this anywhere in text or internet that I know of unless its from a post ive made on similar non related forums . I get grief from others too .LOL its not just hear but Ill gladly take a beating if I can help someone in some way . It only makes me stronger in some way like Obewon and Darth vader but this is reality not SiFi.

keep reading and you ll come across that post too . But you should read ALL my threads not just this one

How have you arrived at this conclusion?

answered above

A circle has one outside, simple and beautiful. And an inside I guess?

yes it also has a top and bottom left and right side , does it not ?. The inside is the front and the outside has a top bottom left and right side.

Thanks all am enjoying this thread. Cannot say I understand it all yet, honesty is yang? YES and so is your gratuity. Its like a cool glass of water after a long walk in the desert heat . In las vegas , the heat can be brutal 118 some summer days and without water you will quickly dehydrate and pass out . maybe die. Ive seen it happen .

On page 16 and going to bed. Tbc...good , take your time , get a dictionary notes or what every you need and most of all . throw me some fast balls . I love grand slams . Your questions are excellent .

All my best.

Peter S

I think Beyonder does here but I admit it's a little mysterious and vague but I think what it's saying is be natural and do what you feel (please correct me if I am wrong).

use your judgement . You can always return to it and make changes . If you're not sure enough to do that , let it go and move forward . Return to it latter .

We'll you have proclaimed your a great TaoMaster and in all honesty I don't know if you are as I am not one and how can I know that which I am not?

very well said . In order to know what a thing is one must also know what it is not . Its a legal issue called the law of duality .

lets take a look at the definition of Tao and the definition of master

or the root of the above definition "master " which is where my definition is derived from and does not apply .

I want others to know who I am and if i must yell it at the top of my lungs for the rest of my life....... then so be it . I know " the way " and i want others to know the way . It may not be the "only way " but its a way. none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UeeIAJ0a0

So the BIG question is (only read up to page 12 properly so forgive me if you have explained this later...).

The BIG question for me is (drum roll).

How do you tell what is yang and what is yin then??

And I am guessing from your frustrations with other people it should be very simple and easy to understand.

Thanks,

Peter S

here's some definitions ive found . many in fact . Some are not correct and others are .

in summery and in my own words . Yang is any thing in any universe and yin is the absence of THAT thing or lesser amount or absence

you/we can not have an absence of a thing unless the thing is created first. Yang always precedes Yin and there are absolutely no exceptions to this basic law of duality . Even in conceptual terms. As soon as you have the idea of an absence of thing in a conceptual form , it still come after the thing you are considering in the first place.

I don't care about right or wrong but I do about rational truth. If he is in opposition to you are you not also in opposition to him?

yes i am, we are ipso facto in opposition to each other. But one of us started it and yang always precedes yin . I use the game of ping pong as an analogy and you'll read about it very soon, if you have not already .

The server is Yang he starts the game and its hit over the net to yin who prevents the ball from going off the table and out of play . When yin hits the ball back , Yang becomes YIN and yin becomes yang. The illusion is that yang brings about yin and yin brings about yang . Its an illusion . The actual game was Yang hits ball off the table and out of play unless yin hits it back into play . as soon as Yin prevents Yang in some way the game ends and a new game can begin after that . It can be started by yang again or yin . But who ever starts it is yang and who ever finishes it is yin .

Is 'opposition' yin? Is opposition 'bad' not real? Should he just agree with you? No malice here just trying to understand this thread...

Yes I know :) , and I see absence of malice too, so none taken .

we need to address each package as a universe in its own right . Bad is the absence of good and its yang . You simply can not have any thing bad in the universe unless its preceded by some thing that is considered good. FIRST.

Order of yang and yin is just as relevant as yang and yin . YANG always comes first and there are absolutely no exceptions to this .

yang and yin can safely be considered as attributes in their own non related forms . Yang means positive+ in Chinese and yin- means negative . This is why I use the terms yang and yin and my avatar has mostly white on top and mostly black on the bottom . You'll see me use plus and minus in many of my symbols , Christ did too but most of his stuff has been destroyed. They killed him too as the story goes. Its no surprise when I read the derogatory comments I get on this and many other forums like this one . Its all dualistic law and its out of our immediate control so to speak but that's another subject . -LO its almost impossible to resolve too when the others you are trying to help resolve it for are opposed to you from the start. But my love for life trumps it all like water off a ducks back . You'll see me "fall into it " play a longer game of ping pong with them but it leads to a lower place and I prefer to sit higher in life where its fresh and clean , bright , happy and clear.

Hi again,

I must say you are putting in the effort with this thread and and thanks for that.

You're welcome . Glad you made it hear and I look forward to many others who get here after you too .

Can you explain this experience (last February one) and how it came about as am genuinely intrigued as I am on this forum as I as presume everyone is to understand myself and the world.

yes but please read my post first . Im sure its in there. Its well beyond what mear words can describe . It was total yang attributes without any yin . When you see all the examples ( and the list can be endless ) you'll see how it felt , I hope . There was no yin and it persisted for as long as I liked but it didn't last long in its absolute sense. It did however, linger on in a slighty lesser than absolute sense and still does today. I know the way now and I know how to get there . When the going gets rough and it will for you to if you decide to make the trip , You can always go "there" and resolve anything the universe of self and others throws at you . Or better put, trys to take away from you ( YIN )

I appreciate this thread. I won't cut your head of to make myself feel taller but will point any holes (yin) I see and if they can be filled (yang) all we'll and good. Your words are free and I thank you for them as you say somewhere I am free to walk or talk and if this causes me pain why would I want more?

Thanks again and I appreciate your gratuity . Its very positive and like the fresh clean glass of cool water. Your question is correct and I agree.

So in simple terms what does the law of duality state obviously in your opinion?

Pretty sure ive covered this but do some searching on your own and look up some terms in some dictionaries . Rather just just take my word for it . But i'm certain Ive said all there is to say about it in brief terms already .

And as an exercise and on a practical level I should:

Make lists of all the + and - things and intuit/FEEL there qualities and learn to discern them in myself more and cultivate the + actions/feelings. This is because as like attracts like I will then attract more +'s and this way I will use the law to my advantage (obey the law) and be myself too.

Start with easy terms like up and down good and bad north and south warm and cool , Your ability will progressively increase which will enable you to discern and define even more . Its a progressive upwards spiral . The more you are able to understand and more able you will become to understand even more . You are going to be waking up at a rate that will drop your jaw to the floor in ways that you have never ever ever and I mean almost never have known before. ITS JUST THAT GOOD.

I am 'writing between the lines' here so further clarification may further my understanding.

Sincerely,

Peter S

All the answers are already available. We just have to ask the right question.

Thank you MH, I may try to present myself as "all knowing" . it doesn't quite work that way and i have no logical way to explain that .All knowing would mean there is nothing that is not known . Absolute knowing without ANY not knowing brings about vanishment of knowing all together . That is the same thing as absolute not knowing . We all have the potential of all knowing ness but you wont find one person on the planet who has that ability . Not even me . Yes ive been " there " but without opposition , it lasts only a very short time. Many times only long enough to "see" what you need to "see" and then its gone and back to life in present time and into the human life form once again . But its better to have made the trip , if only for a brief moment , than to not have made the trip at all .

With that said, Im re learning this "once known" or you could say once forgotten . Marble head has enlightened me many times with what he knows to be true. Hes very well versed, so to speak, with the subject of Objectivity and subjectivity . I had the two reversed . Yang as subjective and yin as objective. It was an illusion in its own right and with his confidence on the subject, i came to also realize he was correct after all . Thank you MH . Your statement above just further confirms Objects are yang and subjectivity is yin .

one last thing before I sign off for the night .

Lets look at hot+><-cold......as it relates to the item of temperature. Yang and yin respectively and this message is for Brian and Silent Whisper. But you too and anyone else .

We can apply this set or what I call a package as an excellent analogy for what yang and yin are and you can apply this same set of rules to all things in the universe and there are absolutely no exceptions to the set of dualistic law.

Yes, The Einstein Bose condensate authored by Mr Albert E and Mr Bose and then perfected and demonstrated by

none other than Eric and Carl. whom I have the highest respect for .

These two men and a ton of cash and others who helped at MIT stood and Albert's and Satyendra Nath's shoulders .

Id like Brian to stand on theirs some day and take it to the top . But hes gonna need to go "there" first . You have the ability and education that I don't, to present this and easily win the noble prize . Its my gift to you and you can have it all . Take SW with you and include him too

heres my point.

Any airconditioning repair man or refrigerator repair man will tell you , you do not add cold to a room , you remove heat from the room . Eric and Carl will stand up and tell you very clearly that cold is the illusion of heat. Heat is yang and cold is yin .

When you remove heat, the illusion of cold becomes apparent. When you remove all heat ( and it only takes a few short moments to do ( if it could be done ) heat as a "thing" in the universe will also vanish . ZERO heat or NOT heat . Without heat there can be no temperature in the universe .

When you remove all heat from temperature , heat will also vanish and so will temperature. You can not have the item of temperature without both .

when you remove all bad from good you will no longer have goodness or badness when you remove all hatred from love you will no longer have love or hatred.

Every thing in the universe is a package in its own right .

When you remove all of the past ( illusion ) from the future TIME ( like the item of temperature ) will vanish .

THISI Brian and everyone else is WHAT Ive been professing ( like you say Brian ) from the start .

Eric and carl do not "get it " When you explain this in terms that they will understand ( if you can ) you will have trumped ther achievement like they did Mr E's and B's You will be voted for and get your prize. I will have satisfaction in that I help you in the back ground . Im pretty ok with myself and I don't really want the world to know me . Look what happened to Lennon and the JFK brothers , MLK and many many others who were very positive people . There's always somebody who wants to kick the chair out from under you and say " see i took him out :P I win. "

Its a legal issue called the law of Dual reality or duality . The basic law of duality that governs all life in the universe.

Any questions ?

click this link :lol:

BTW

Eric and Carl were not able to remove all the heat . Only life the craetor of all things ( life ) has that ability and we use it every second of every day from the beginning of infinity to the end of infinity .

Both of with are absolutes . Like life . you and me . we are 1 we are all life forms and there is absolutly no exception to this . NONE .

Good night :)

With all my love :wub: , The Tao master and new leader of the universe . :)

"The server is Yang he starts the game and its hit over the net to yin who prevents the ball from going off the table and out of play . When yin hits the ball back , Yang becomes YIN and yin becomes yang. The illusion is that yang brings about yin and yin brings about yang . Its an illusion . The actual game was Yang hits ball off the table and out of play unless yin hits it back into play . as soon as Yin prevents Yang in some way the game ends and a new game can begin after that . It can be started by yang again or yin . But who ever starts it is yang and who ever finishes it is yin ."

I'm glad you liked my analogy then ;)

"The server is Yang he starts the game and its hit over the net to yin who prevents the ball from going off the table and out of play . When yin hits the ball back , Yang becomes YIN and yin becomes yang. The illusion is that yang brings about yin and yin brings about yang . Its an illusion . The actual game was Yang hits ball off the table and out of play unless yin hits it back into play . as soon as Yin prevents Yang in some way the game ends and a new game can begin after that . It can be started by yang again or yin . But who ever starts it is yang and who ever finishes it is yin ."

I'm glad you liked my analogy then ;)

I only liked that you were happy with it . If you're happy , so am I :)

What I stated was that to determine what's yin or yang, one consults the "I Ching" until one is familiar enough to intuit ones way around with the material. This is mentioned in chapter 55 of the "Hua Hu Ching":

Fu Kua, the observation of the subtle alterations of yin and yang for the purpose of making decisions, which are harmonious with the apparent and hidden aspects of a situation. The foundation of Fu Kua and of all Taoist practice is the study of the I Ching, or Book of Changes.

{Walker translation)

Let's continue with the "Ta Chuan", though:

Chapter I - The changes in Creation and in the Book of Change

I - 1

Heaven is lofty and honourable; earth is low. Ch'ien and K'un were determined in accordance with this. Things low and high appear displayed in a similar relation; the noble and the mean had their places assigned accordingly. Movement and rest are the regular qualities of their respective subjects. Hence comes the definite distinction of the lines as the strong and the weak.

Affairs are arranged together according to their tendencies, and things are divided according to their classes. Hence were produced what is good and what is evil.

In the heavens there are the figures there completed, and on the earth there are the bodies there formed. Corresponding to them were the changes and transformations exhibited in the I Ching.

I - 2

After this fashion a strong and a weak line were manipulated together till there were the eight trigrams, and these were added, each to itself and all the others.

I - 3

We have the exciting forces of thunder and lightning; the fertilising influences of wind and rain; and the revolutions of sun and moon, which give rise to cold and warmth.

I - 4

The attributes expressed by Ch'ien constitute the male. The attributes expressed by K'un constitute the female.

I - 5

Ch'ien directs the great beginnings of things. K'un gives to them their completion.

I - 6

It is by the ease with which it proceeds that Ch'ien directs as it does, and by its unhesitating response that K'un exhibits such ability.

I - 7

Ease will be easily understood, and freedom from laborious effort will be easily followed. He who is easily understood will have adherents, and he who is easily followed will achieve success. He who has adherents can continue long, and he who achieves success can become great.

To be able to continue long shows the virtue of the wise and able man; to be able to become great is the heritage he will acquire.

I - 8

With the attainment of such ease and such freedom of laborious effort, the mastery is got of all principles under the sky. With the attainment of that mastery, the sage finds his position in the middle between heaven and earth.

Chapter II - On the wording and the use of the Book of Change

II - 1

The sages set forth the hexagrams, inspected the images contained in them, and appended their explanations; in this way the good fortune and the bad fortune indicated by them were made clear.

II - 2

The strong and the weak lines displace each other and indicate the changes and transformations.

II - 3

Therefore good fortune and evil are the indications of right and wrong in men's conduct of affairs, and repentance and regret are the indications of their sorrow and anxiety.

II - 4

The changes and transformations are the images of the advance and retrogression of the vital force in nature. Thus the strong and weak lines become the emblems of day and night. The movements which take place in the six places show the course of the three powers in perfect operation.

II - 5

Therefore what the superior man rests in, in whatever position he is placed, is the order shown in the I; and the study which gives him the greatest pleasure is that of the explanations of the several lines.

II - 6

Therefore the superior man, when living quietly, contemplates the images and studies the explanations of them; when initiating any movement, he contemplates the changes that are made in divining and studies the predictions from them. Thus 'is help extended to him from heaven; there will be good fortune and advantage in every movement'.

Continuing on, let's check chapter 4:

Chapter IV - The deeper meaning of the Book of Change

IV - 1

The I was made on a principle of accordance with heaven and earth, and reveals therefore, without rent or confusion, the Tao of heaven and earth.

IV - 2

The sage, in accordance with the I Ching, looking up contemplates the brilliant phenomena of the heavens, and looking down examines the definite arrangements of the earth; thus he knows the causes of what is obscure and what is light. He traces things to their beginning and follows them to their end; thus he knows what can be said about death and life. Essence and breath form things, and the wandering away of the soul produces the change; thus he knows the characteristics of the in- and outgoing spirits.

IV - 3

There is a similarity between him and heaven and earth, and hence there is no contrariety in him to them. His knowledge embraces all things, and his Tao is helpful to all under the sky; hence he falls into no error. He acts according to the exigency of circumstances without being carried away by heir current. He rejoices in heaven and knows its ordinations; and hence he has no anxieties. He rests in his own position and cherishes the spirit of generous benevolence; hence he can love without reserve.

IV - 4

Through the I Ching, he comprehends as in a mould the transformations of heaven and earth without any error. By an ever-varying adaption he completes all things without exception; he penetrates to a knowledge of the Tao of day and night and all connected phenomena. It is thus that his operation is spiritlike, unconditioned by place, while the changes that he produces are not restricted to any form.

To clarify, let's compare 4 - 2 with hexagram 16, line 2:

Hexagram 16, six in the second place means:

Firm as a rock. Not a whole day.

Perseverance brings good fortune.

This describes a person who does not allow himself to be misled by any illusions. While others are letting themselves be dazzled by enthusiasm, he recognizes with perfect clarity the first signs of the time. Thus he neither flatters those above nor neglects those beneath him; he is as firm as a rock. When the first sign of discord appears, he knows the right moment for withdrawing and does not delay even for a day. Perseverance in such conduct will bring good fortune. Confucius says about this line:

To know the seeds, that is divine indeed. In his association with those above him, the superior man does not flatter. In his association with those beneath him, he is not arrogant. For he knows the seeds. The seeds are the first imperceptible beginning of movement, the first trace of good fortune (or misfortune) that shows itself. The superior man perceives the seeds and immediately takes actin. He does not wait even a whole day.

In the Book of Changes it is said:

"Firm as a rock. Not a whole day.

Perseverance brings good fortune."

Firm as a rock, what need of a whole day?

The judgment can be known.

The superior man knows what is hidden and what is evident.

He knows weakness, he knows strength as well.

Hence the myriads look up to him.

Continuing on with the "Ta Chuan" (Section 2, this time):

Chapter VI - On the general nature of the I Ching

VI - 1

The master said: 'Ch'ien and K'un may be regarded as the gate to the I Ching'.

Ch'ien represents what is of the yang nature (bright and active); K'un what is of the yin nature (shaded and inactive). These two unite according to their qualities, and there comes the embodiment of the result by the strong and weak lines. In this way we have the phenomena of heaven and earth visibly exhibited, and can comprehend the operation of the spiritual intelligence.

VI - 2

The appellations and names of the trigrams and hexagrams are various, but do not go beyond. When we examine the nature and style of the appended explanations, they seem to express the ideas of a decaying age.

VI - 3

The I exhibits the past and and allows us to discriminate the issues of the future; it makes manifest what is minute, and brings light to what is obscure. Then king Wen opened its symbols, and distinguished things in accordance with its names, so that all his words were correct and his explanations decisive; the book was now complete.

VI - 4

The appellations and names of the trigrams and hexagrams are but small matters, but the classes of things comprehended under them are large. Their scope reaches far, and the explanations attached to them are elegant. The words are indirect, but to the point; the matters seem plainly set forth, but there is a secret principle in them. Their object is, in cases that are doubtful, to help de people in their conduct, and to make plain the recompenses of good and evil.

Edited by beyonder

here's some thing else you'll need to understand to " get it "

Heat is yang . Cold is the illusion called Yin. hey! :lol: don't just take my word for it, ask Carl and Eric . Pick up the celly , send an email .

What these guys do not understand is that all yins are an illusion and there is, once again, absolutely no exceptions.

The other thing I want to mention is that just because females are yin and males are yang , Good is yang and bad is yin , does not mean that all females are bad or ugly or ANY of the other yang attributes.

its NOT yang = yang = yang and yin = yin = yin . YES they are related . Yang only relates to other yang's and yin's to yin's. You will find both yang and yin in every thing

This may not make sense to you now, but as you increase awareness , it will . You'll see it like a pimple on the nose of a beauty queen. It ll stand out and be so obvious you will laugh at what you've been missing your whole life . I kid thee not .

You'll have good days and bad days but after a bad day you'll pick yourself up dust off comb your hair , brush your teeth and get back at the thing youll love to do most . Become better .

not unlike this

the flat zone is the null zone between yang and yin . Its between two poles of the same magnet or item . Its where you need to go to leave . Make a left turn and you go right to heaven. Literally . I know Ive been there . I know THE way . There is no Right turn , its al illusion . Like the spot on your back you can not reach with either hand.

I know it like Beethovan knows music .

Edited by TaoMaster
  • Like 1