TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

Yep. Strictly speaking, energy flows from higher potential to lower potential unless another energy source "pumps" it in the other direction -- no absolutes involved, just potential difference. Applies to all known forms of energy...

• Like 1

One recognizes Yang and Yin - if one recognizes that two parts of the whole complement each other.
---
hidden and graspable things complement;
difficulties and everlasting change complement;
center and periphery complement;
melody and sound complement;
what has happened and what will happen complement;
back and belly complement;
man and wife can complement;
---
sky and earth complement
Above and below complement.
KUN - QIAN
KAN - LI
complement.
___

There is an essential difference in thinking in contrast to bible-thinking:
god and devil fight everlasting to destroy each other;
good and evil fight everlasting to destroy each other;
---
helpful things... the good - root in complementing -
not in destroying of something one declares as evil...

• Like 2

One recognizes Yang and Yin - if one recognizes that two parts of the whole complement each other.

elegantly stated. Thank you, Riyue :-)

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"helpful things... the good - root in complementing -
not in destroying of something one declares as evil..."

-----

But as these polarities, such as Kan/Li, are clearly, to our "common sense", also "antagonistic", we could also say YinYang is showing "complimentary opposites" - or even "complimentary antagonisms". That kind of wording seems to point more to the "paradox acceptance" necessary for mechanistic dualists (who tend to see "things" and not processes) to start to look into this (and many other) understandings.

Because, overall, we do not see "Yin and Yang" as two "things" engaged in "fighting", we see them as complimentary opposites (appearing as polarity, as phenomena) continually coming from and returning to/as One.

"Helpful", "Evil", "Good", "Bad" - these are just relative, vanities of those who do not see a large view yet.

-VonKrankenhaus

Re:

-----

"No the spark is whats generated between the two charged poles coming close in proximity ."

-----

I don't see that as being how an electrical circuit works (IE: a battery with two wires attached, where we touch the wires).

Current doesn't flow between two "charged poles". And it doesn't flow back and forth.

It flows from a power source to ground. It is a convention to name the ground pole or wire "-".

It's not as if the "-" pole is "charged up" with ground.

-VonKrankenhaus

its an analogy :)

Edited by TaoMaster

where're the yin and yang in this image:

lonely-beautiful-tree.jpg

I don't mean the pixels on your screen, I mean the real tree, growing on and in the real Earth, under the real sky, with sun and shade, seen and unseen elements, with distance, height, and width, with changing reality every moment, growth... where are yin and the yang in the landscape?

The sky is yang; the earth is yin

The light is yang; the shadow of the tree is yin.

The green leaves are yang; and the yellow leaves are yin.

The sun is yang; and the moon(hidden) is yin.

The movements of the clouds are yang; and the stillness of the earth is yin.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Yes very true :) do you agree the more you know of which is which. the better ? Its an awareness thing .

There's is no thing in this universe as only yang and only yin . It violates the law of duality

without one there can not be the other.

Its a matter of quantity , Which has more than the other is what determines YIN or Yang .

a man is stronger faster smarter , wiser more honest and all the other yang attributes than a woman . Its not that women can not be honest , wise, smart or fast . Its a matter of quantity. Men have the yang attributes and women have more yin attributes . Men have less yin attributes. Typically speaking .

Here's an analogy.

If you shoot a arrow into the heavens , it will go on until it vanishes from sight and existence.

But if you shoot an arrow and it hits a 747 bound for China from San Francisco , it will be opposed by the 747 and it will last longer and continue to exist.

difficulties and everlasting change complement;

center and periphery complement;

melody and sound complement;

what has happened and what will happen complement;

back and belly complement;

man and wife can complement;

---

sky and earth complement

Above and below complement.

KUN - QIAN

KAN - LI

complement.

___

There is an essential difference in thinking in contrast to bible-thinking:

I'm not a bible advocate and its not how I think although I do use some terms that can be found in the bible , I ching , Scientology , Judaism, and every other main stream religion and philosophy on the planet. The heaven Hell dichotomy is simply yang and yin . With earth between the two.

god and devil fight everlasting to destroy each other;

good and evil fight everlasting to destroy each other;

The way I see it ? and I have a huge amount of respect for you and your post . HUGE . God and devil are playing a game of ping pong . God hits the ball and the devil hits it back . You can call it a fight , contest , battle , war , fun and games , what every you want .

But the way I see it Good or GOD ( same thing but different spelling ) never fights. never destroys, only the devil fights and destroys.

Thing is, if you take it to a higher level, God and the devil are the same . Like my avatar, God is white and the devil is black .

Good ONLY does good and BAD only does bad . The only relation is that they are in the same universe at he same time . You can COMPARE them but they are NOT related other than a single relationship . They are in the same UNI verse. Uni is the 1 single relationship .

Just like you and I . We are the same spiritual being playing a game with our self but we consider ourselves as separate when in fact we are the same . Yes we have different bodies but that's it. Just like God and the devil are the same . Good ( yang ) and bad ( Yin ) are basically the same item . But on one side of the item there is positive and the other side negative. When you TRULY see it for what it is it will vanish as duality , become single and then vanish from existence as its now in voilation of the basic law of duality . :) You need to view BOTH extremes of yang and yin simultaneously as 1 item . Its easier said than done. But it can be done with practice.

Many of us agree on the same things but when definitions of words are incorrect and misunderstood in some way , disagreement happens.

Many times its the word definitions that are misunderstood between two people that lead to misunderstanding and that in itself brings about MORE YIN attributes .

Look :) if you project YIN, and it can be ANY kind of yin attribute , towards another , it will typically attract more yin attributs from the other.

here's an objective example , real time real life , no BS :)

so with this being said would you agree that this proves my point ? This is why I say to know which is yang ( love ) and which is YIN ( hate ) Its not love and fear its love and hate.

But you know . You have years of life experience to know this already . When you oppose ( Yin ) a person they tend to want to oppose ( yin ) back and when you Complement ( yang ) a person they tend to complement ( yang ) back .

its directional

this is yang >>>>>>> and this is yin <<<<<<<<< and this is yang and yin ><

Many people and Im talkin millions do not know the difference bewteen yang and yin but if they did , they would know what to stay away from and what to get close to .

If you get close to yin youll yin back and vs versa with yang .

ALL things in the universe without exception are either yang or yin

Yang is positive and yin is negative. They NEVER ever ever ever touch . Only come close. Size is relative to all others sizes..

you can draw a circle like this O and then a circle inside that circle and you can do that into infinity and you can do it the other directions as well into infinity.

For all we know , the whole universe is simply a speck of dust on the back side of a monkeys tail.

The exercise I have will let a person determine , for them self , without me or anyone else telling them whats what in the universe , which is yang and which is yin . Its purely scientific but has close resemblances to modern day and ancient philosophies. Like the I ching materials.

the drill is a meditation process in that you do it alone but it can be done with another too .

understanding and awareness are both very very good things and they bring about more of the same . Its YOU and only YOU who determine which is which while you are in the meditation state .

it transcends ALL other meditation that exists .

in martial arts , you do not tell another . You give then things to do on their own . You can not tell them how to win a battle , you tell them how to improve them self to become better . Betterment brings about more betterment . Its a yang attribute .

If you smile :) sincerely at a person , they tend to smile sincerely back and when you spit in their face ? well you know. :angry:

ITS SOOOOO simple many will disregard it and never see it . Its as simple as Yang and YIn and nothing else. Because simply put , that's all there is in the universe and nothing else. Life the creator of all things is the " no thing " else. :)

so where is this all leading too ?

Ill never be all yang . Ill ignore others , disrespect them , lie to them but when I do I will just be bringing about more yin on myself. But if Im honest with them and help them and perhaps help them live a better life ? Ill get the same for me

This is like Ive said before.................Karma. :) its comes in both forms , yang or yin .

Knowing this will increase all of ones yang attributes and reduce their yin attributes.

and this is the WHY its so vitally necessary to know and understand WHAT are the yangs and WHAT are the yins in lIfe :)

All my threads and posts are for the betterment in some way ( for the most part ) Im here to help everyone .

"I come in peace " said the man from outer space ,

see? :)

heres a short list .

1st last

+ -

pos><neg

yang ><yin

happy><sad

plus><minus

white><black

Top><bottom

bright><dull

paradise><hellishness

truth><lie

Reality><illusion

Transparent><solidity

go><stop

up><down

heaven><hell

love><hate

better><worse

fast><slow

wake><sleep

power><weakness

help><hinder

sweet><sour

know><not know

understand><misunderstand

light><dark

bueaty><ugly

able.><unable

ability><disability

smile><frown

morning><night

forward><backward

future><past

alpha ><omega

the list is as long as you want to make it. :)

Many words mean the same thing or similar things and some words have same spelling but the meaning is different . Be sure you have the correct definitions as you go .

If you want....... and you should. Use a dictionary and an opposite dictionary but your judgement is what you use as the basic rule. Be honest with yourself. Its brings more yang attributes out in you . :)

Yep. Strictly speaking, energy flows from higher potential to lower potential unless another energy source "pumps" it in the other direction -- no absolutes involved, just potential difference. Applies to all known forms of energy...

:) i like these posts from you thanks.

as for the image of the trees , sky and earth from Souring crane ?

yang is +

yin is -

left side or tree +

right side of tree -

top of tree +

bottom of tree -

light shades are +

dark shades are -

front of tree is +

back of tree is -

day time is +

I can go on and on

1st last

+ -

pos><neg

yang ><yin

happy><sad

plus><minus

white><black

Top><bottom

bright><dull

paradise><hellishness

truth><lie

Reality><illusion

Transparent><solidity

go><stop

up><down

heaven><hell

love><hate

better><worse

fast><slow

wake><sleep

power><weakness

help><hinder

sweet><sour

know><not know

understand><misunderstand

light><dark

bueaty><ugly

able.><unable

ability><disability

smile><frown

morning><night

forward><backward

future><past

alpha ><omega

the list is as long as you want to make it. :)

bottom line ?

there are simply and only variations or yang and variations of yin . Meanings they only come in 2 basic forms. ALL yin attributes are derived from YIN and all yang attributes are derived from YANG.

there is not a 3rd attribute. There is only life the creator of the universe that simply plays back and forth with either of them as a means to generate sensations between them known as present time in a universe of future+ > +present- <- past

the basics from which all things are derived

simple. :)

*complementary

Thanks for your post.

I had a very nice " out of body " this morning too. Feels very nice to be on the outside looking down . :)

Its physical too . Its not a point of view. Its like wow don't go too far , might go all the way, feeling . :lol:

I can feel myself leave my head and my eyes feel like they are being pulled upwards too .

O

:mellow:

I

fraud- is a yin attribute . Its deceptive in some way and not true.

true is yang

false is yin . :)

Edited by TaoMaster

Men are smarter, wiser and more honest than women?

yes , typically .

its obvious when you consider athletic games you can see it . Marathons, base ball football boxing, wresting but what I cant show you it the intelligence between them. You'll need to use your life experiences with that . Women tend to lie more than men . Im probably gonna lose support with this statement but it is what it is . Chess is a good example for male female intelligence I suppose. Men are better . TYPICALLY or in most cases. :)

women have a higher electrical resistance in there bodies too and that's yin . Resist is a yin attribute and to allow is a yang . Allow comes first and resist after . Genitals show yang yin too .

traditionally , men go OUT and work while women stay IN and take care of house cook my food . TRADITIONALLY but times have changed that for the worse . Like when a body gets old it dies. so do civilizations and ours is on the down fall just like an old dog cat or man and all other life forms. Its a yang yin thing .

Women tend to say no and men tend to say yes .

You may not "see" this but after you get well into my spiritual exercise you will and much much more Brian .

let me put it this way my friend . In different terms .

you can only tell a martial artist what he needs to practice to become an expert MA, but you can not tell him how its done .

you must must must show him how to do it himself . only HE can do this

THAT is whats meant by the unspoken .

I can show you the way but I can not take you the way . YOU must take yourself .

as simple as it may seem and for many who look at the glass half empty , it may seem useless.

Half empty and useless are both negatives and they are related.

there are only " different kinds' of yang and "different kinds" of yins.

how do I know ?

I used the exercise. No ONE told me this stuff and I didn't read about it ANY where. Its from past life so to speak . Ive brought it or know it from past life .

are there women who are smarter than some men ? oh yes very much so . stronger ? faster ? absolutely but typically ? men are yang and women are yin .

not gonna get into gay or lesbians in this thread .

Soaring crane.

try the love hate rice test yourself . Tell us how it goes.

The video I posted is just one of many from many many videos on the same same from different people. I doubt they are all conspiring to fraudulent

the link you provided ? its yin . it says NO to the truth .

Try it :)

you can do the same with a dog , cat , person , bird, plant. The rice is/was part of a life form just like all other life forms. It has not "died" yet but like all life forms :( , it will .

speaking of martial arts ?

some days when im feeling really out of body good. There is not a martial artist or MMA who can defeat me . Not because im a martial artist , but because of my yangtributes in general. The more they increase the more all others yang tributes increase with them and the yintributes decrease . Im faster , smarter , stronger and all the other yangtributes . Winning is a yang attribute and Ill win as easy as blinking my eyes. :) On a bad day im a loser . :angry: I feel really solid and like raw roast beef with sour mayonnaise . You know the feeling . I cant win no matter what I say or do . Its like an illness in a way .

its all about opposites in that regard .

when you increase one yang attribute you are also increasing all the others and simultaneously decreasing all other yins.

Edited by TaoMaster

also want to add. it NOT the yelling at it . that wont work . YOU LABEL the jars of rice . No need to yell but you can if you like . Thing is if both hear you yin at it both will suffer so just use the labels and don't let the other see each others labels.

take two house plants that are both healthy . write some yin attributes on it like hate kill fight hurt pain steal death

then write the positive of those words on the other plant . I PROMISE YOU the yin plant will suffer while the other one thrives. I PROMISE YOU > :)

the link you have is not the same test my friend. :)

also if I may say this about that

intelligence is a yang attribute . Its the ability to see the differences between yang and yin . The more you see the difference the more intelligent you will become. :)

I think my IQ is like close to 200 now . and I don't lie ( typically speaking ) . But that's on a good day and I haven't taken an IQ test in years so I may be off a little . :) Intelligence is the ability to see differences and similarity in one or more objects . Any object has both yang and yin .

the more you are able the higher the IQ.

the less you are able , the lower the IQ :)

We seem to need an "over the head" emoticon...

:lol:

I can see halos too in others who are also " doing well " :)

those who are not doing so well are... dark, cold, and heavy weighted , and solid. :angry:

Its an awareness ability :) to notice the differences . You've got some nice yangtributes too . you re not all bad :lol:

Ive got some nasty :angry: yintributes on a bad day . You don't want to be anywhere near me .

it swings like a pendulum yang yin yang yin yang yin .

you've heard the saying "no bodys perfect" . im no exception :(

you cant be perfect without imperfections. Make sense ? :)

if everyone were perfect there would be no imperfections

yang is perfect and yin is not perfect :)

I believe this undestanding of masculine and feminine is missing the notion of circularity and linearality.

Before puberty masuline and femine has little difference, mostly social imprinting.

After puberty life-force is yearning to procreate.

The feminine is receptive, but most importantly, cyclical.

The masculine is expressive, and looks for external "homes" to express in.

It is important to understand the masculine "intelligence" comes from the sacrifice of its own life force.

What is spent in a linear fashion is sent into another body, idea, business, paradigm.

The masculine always yearns to spend its power to ensure the continuation of the patterns of its egos and creations.

The feminine circuality understands cycles, understands the center, and has no need for such external ambitions.

What is important is close at hand, what is spent is spent in ways that will return; what returns may be unified.

The feminine nurtures the whole.

Intelligence blind to its own circularity blindly pushes forth using force to change the world unnecessarily.

Heavenly Intelligence is natural, has no need for learning, requires no attachments, and does not compromise circularity.

• Like 2

I believe this undestanding of masculine and feminine is missing the notion of circularity and linearality.

Before puberty masuline and femine has little difference, mostly social imprinting.

After puberty life-force is yearning to procreate.

The feminine is receptive, but most importantly, cyclical.

The masculine is expressive, and looks for external "homes" to express in.

It is important to understand the masculine "intelligence" comes from the sacrifice of its own life force.

What is spent in a linear fashion is sent into another body, idea, business, paradigm.

The masculine always yearns to spend its power to ensure the continuation of the patterns of its egos and creations.

The feminine circuality understands cycles, understands the center, and has no need for such external ambitions.

What is important is close at hand, what is spent is spent in ways that will return; what returns may be unified.

The feminine nurtures the whole.

Intelligence blind to its own circularity blindly pushes forth using force to change the world unnecessarily.

Heavenly Intelligence is natural, has no need for learning, requires no attachments, and does not compromise circularity.

thanks for the comments :) .

The front is Yang and the back is Yin.

The outer side of the arms and legs are Yang; and the inner parts are Yin.

very nice thx . :) i missed that outer and inner legs part . didn't notice that until you mentioned it . :)

whats left arm and right arm , left leg and right leg ?

ears and nostrils ? Mouth ?, butt hole ?

its not a big deal really . yang and yin are comparisons to other yang and yin's . But its interesting when it all comes together . There is yang and yin in every thing in the universe. ( duh :rolleyes: I know you already know that . ) But I use quantity as a guideline and positive and negative .

I get tripped up on it all the time . I do best in a state of meditation while I look ( without my eyeballs ) and notice which has more than the other . when i compare self and others as yang and yin respectively , there's more yang in me than others even though self and others are the same item . so i call self yang and others yin .

if it has more yin i call it yin and more yang i call it yang . The trick is to read it as you view it and understand it correctly as you do . Instantly.

I'm new at it compared to many on this forum but that doesn't mean I'm not good at it yet . Its practically a language in its own right . Anyone can improve with practice . :) Its not traditional yang and yin . But its the best i can do for now .

very nice thx . :) i missed that outer and inner legs part . didn't notice that until you mentioned it . :)

whats left arm and right arm , left leg and right leg ?

ears and nostrils ? Mouth ?, butt hole ?

I think this only apply to the left and right arms.

If you are right handed, then your right hand is Yang and the left is Yin.

If you are left handed, then your left hand is Yang and the right is Yin.

• Like 1

There's more to it than that. For example, what's the head? What about the knees? Does the body position affect yin /yang? Does it change with the time of day? With age? If yang sinks, how can the yang qi flow from fingertips to head? It gets a lot deeper than that.

if it has more yin i call it yin and more yang i call it yang .

That's a crucial distinction. That sunny side of the hill is only sunny for a few hours a day. And the ratio of yin/yang changes with every moment. To my previous post, take the knees as an example. Standing as in the picture, the backs of the knees are yin (they form a soft hollow) to the knee caps (they're a hard protrusion). But if the person stretches the legs out, locks the knees to the rear, the yin from the back will progresively move forward, and the yang will move back. The knee caps become soft and wobbly while the hollows become stretched and firm. That's a crude way of describing qigong. It a game we play with yin and yang. For life to exist, yin and yang need to always be in flux, always trading places, or even battling with each other for position.

If you look at the picture again, everywhere the body forms a hollow is yin to the opposite side's yang. So, the small of the back is yin to the stomach's yang. The thoracic spine is yang to the chest's yin (I know it doesn't look like it in the picture, but imagaine the chest as hollow. This is also true for women, except their female parts on the chest are their yang center, yang in yin), the nape of the neck is a yin hollow to the front of the throat.

The head itself is the big yang center, but the openings are yin, etc. But the ears are very yin while the eyes have strong yang tendencies.

The palms are the yang pole to the yin soles of the feet.

But taken as a whole, the back is the yang to the front's yin (left and right are debatable). If you work in a field, the back is the "sunny side" of the body, the front is in the shade. The back is hard and protective, like a shell. We turn our backs to danger, to protect the delicate, susceptible front. But then, if you stand up and stretch to the rear, arch your back, open your chest and face to the sun, you've reversed the yin/yang order again ... and it feels good.

If you stand on one leg, that leg becomes rooted, firm, supportive, yang. In equal measure, the raised leg will (should) be relaxed, free of tension, hollow, yin. And then they trade places. This is true on a small scale for every step you've ever taken in your life.

This is yin and yang that you can "work with", apply to your every movement, and feel the benefits of, instead of playing intellectual games (which overlaod the head and make you too yang, causing a host of problems).

I suggest investigating the Wu Xing, as well. In the cosmic order, it precedes yin/yang. First, there's change, flux. Then the change gravitates toward a yin or yang state.

• Like 2