Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Busting the Central Dogma

I like it, but when he talks so much about Them and They, ie They are feeding you fear, They are feeding you this or that- He's playing the fear card himself. To me, along with 'Dropping the fear', you have drop the whole idea of 'Them-doing things to you'. Its not that its wrong in every case, but by concentrating on 'them' you give 'them' too much power and its not so different then keeping the fear.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I like it, but when he talks so much about Them and They, ie They are feeding you fear, They are feeding you this or that- He's playing the fear card himself. To me, along with 'Dropping the fear', you have drop the whole idea of 'Them-doing things to you'. Its not that its wrong in every case, but by concentrating on 'them' you give 'them' too much power and its not so different then keeping the fear.

I did not care for Bruce Lipton's approach (or personality) either,...but he was raised in a Jewish household, and children of Jews are indoctrinated with a sense of superiority,...which is likely why they (Jews) are more successful in business than most,....however, the message, which challenges the status quo, like the "central dogma of molecular biology" (see wiki), would obviously upset the many whose life work is invested in the central dogma paradigm.

I did like his analogy of epigenetics functions with computer science terms, which seem helpful for understanding. But as Planck said, , "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die." Of course, as Lipton said, the theory of Central Dogma was never a scientific truth to begin with,...just an accepted one by scientists.

However, the message I liked the most was that we are not really individuals. In fact,...individuality = auto immune deficiency.

Comment about Jews is directly related to subject matter in the video regarding subconscious programming.

Edited by Vmarco

Comment about Jews is directly related to subject matter in the video regarding subconscious programming.

Ah, and here I assumed it was your own prejudiced <edit watching my language> programming and had nothing to do with the background or religion of the speaker in the video.

edit> I guess being accused of considering oneself 'superior' and better in business is better then other things. Still it seems like a strange thing to bring up in a discussion of the video.

Personally I think my 'superiority' in business came from a Little Orphan Annie cartoon. Warbucks tells Annie that the other business man isn't a great businessman because he always tries to get the best deal. Annie says 'Isn't that the point of business?' Warbucks tells her 'No, the point of a good business deal is when both sides get good returns'. I.E the best deal isn't what earns you the most, its the one that benefits the both party the most. That not altruism, its how to keep to keep a business alive long term.

A good lasting business has to see to that. Fair and honest exchange. Mutual benefit, not superiority make for good business, at least in my experience.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Ah, and here I assumed it was your own prejudiced <edit watching my language> programming and had nothing to do with the background or religion of the speaker in the video.

edit> I guess being accused of considering oneself 'superior' and better in business is better then other things. Still it seems like a strange thing to bring up in a discussion of the video.

In the first video,...min 48 - 56....the discussion is on the subconscious programming of children. It is a fact, to the consternation of many, that Jewish parents indoctrinate their children to be superior,...there is no prejudice or judgment,...the proof is in pudding.

Here,...perhaps this will relax you

Robin Williams....master of improvisation

Sign in to follow this