grady

Apricot Forest Hospital / Open Clinics in Australia & New Zealand 2014

As per my earlier post here we are now organizing all Gengmenpai training opportunities in China and elsewhere on our private forum, so normally I would not come to this forum to post such an announcement directly, but since this is happening on such short notice I feel obliged to make sure we do our best reach as many people in need as possible:

I am excited to announce that Jiang Shifu has decided to dispatch me first to New Zealand, and then to Australia to treat a few very sick patients next month. These are people who due to the severity of their illness are unable to travel but have expressed a sincere desire for access to our medicine. I also will be evaluating traditional herbal pharmacies in both Auckland & Melbourne, and in New Zealand in particular I will also spend a few days to investigate the quality and price of the sika deer antler products and a few other herbs that are now being sustainably wildcrafted there, for potential use here at the hospital.

My schedule will be very tight, and thus time constraints will preclude us from holding a full Gengmenpai training workshop in either location. However I am delighted that following the success of the annual open clinics in San Francisco these past two years, Shifu has permitted me to open these clinics up to anyone in either city who has a sincere need or desire to gain access to our medicine.

As usual, these open clinics are conducted entirely free under the Buddhist auspices of 义诊 YiZhen "Compassionate Diagnosis". I encourage all of you if you are aware of someone in these countries who has need of our medicine to let them know about this opportunity. By way of reminder and reference, our classical Shaolin medicine "specializes" in what Western medicine calls cancer, autoimmune diseases, inflammation of the organs (particularly liver, kidney, & prostate), anxiety-depression/mood disorders, and fertility/gynecological issues, as well as the "side effects" of improper cultivation practices.

Also for those of you who live nearby and would simply like to come and chat about qigong/neigong, the hospital, Jiang Shifu & the Gengmenpai, etc., over a cup of coffee/tea/pint of lager/whatever, you are welcome to do so and I will make myself as available to you as possible within the constraints of the needs of our patients. smiley.png

Dates are as follows:

Auckland, New Zealand: 9/15-9/16
Melbourne, Australia: 9/22-9/23

Please feel free to PM here if you would like further information as to specific location and appointment times, etc., or simply post to this thread with general questions and I will do my best to reply in a timely fashion.

May all achieve in this lifetime.

-Grady

Edited by grady
  • Like 2

Thanks Grady,

Just curious, has your team had reasonable success with cancer? Seems like a tough one to tackle.

I hope to meet you if Jiang holds a future seminar in China. :D

Thanks Grady,

Just curious, has your team had reasonable success with cancer? Seems like a tough one to tackle.

I hope to meet you if Jiang holds a future seminar in China. :D

For a number of reasons, including the severity of the side effects associated with the conventional treatment modalities (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and redactive surgery), cancer is probably the "major" disease which we treat most frequently.

The short answer to your question is yes, we have very good results with many different kinds of cancer. However it is important to understand that no two cancers are the same, even if located in the same structural area and even if categorized in the same "stage", and therapies can be radically different for apparently similar cancers depending on the age, gender, nature of organ-meridian disharmonies, etc. of person who is afflicted with them.

It should be obvious that it is easier for us to deal with cancers in the early stages, particularly before the immune system has been significantly damaged by conventional therapies, because we actually strive to make use of the body's own immune system in dealing with cancer, as opposed to "killing" the cancer directly.

That being said, I have personally witnessed some pretty dramatic improvements as a result of Jiang Shifu's therapies, including a young mother who came to us with a large inoperable brain tumor seven years ago after her Western doctors gave her less than a year to live, who has received no Western medications of any kind since that time, and who I am pleased to say is still very stable and essentially symptom-free (the tumor remains, though reduced in size) as of the last time I saw her a few months ago.

All trips to China to see Jiang Shifu for training or treatment, including one in November of this year primarily for US-based folks, are being organized on our private forum; if memory serves I have already sent you the link via PM on this forum.

Edited by grady
  • Like 1

Hey Grady! Welcome to TTB ... We spoke by email a few times. Good to see you around on here too.

Rob (in Guangzhou)

Hello there Rob, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it after all in November after all, ironic given that I think out of everyone coming you were the one with the shortest distance to travel! :)

Edited by grady

Hi Grady,

Good to hear from you again.

I just sent you a PM.

Regards,

FT

Hey there FT, I see your PM, thanks.

Hello there Rob, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it after all in November after all, ironic given that I think out of everyone coming you were the one with the shortest distance to travel! :)

I know :( Struggling through a rough patch at the moment... I hope there's another chance in the near future. Coming up to learn with you guys is literally the only thing I want to do right now, but life is getting in the way.

Good luck with the workshop!

Those of you contacted me in regards to Auckland & Melbourne, please keep an eye on your inboxes for an email with more details/scheduling/logistics/etc. either today or the next.

Response has been larger than expected and we will be scheduling things carefully.

Best,

Grady

• Like 1

Hi Grady what I am having trouble understanding is the benefit of a one time diagnosis and herbal treatment when there will be no one around in a month or two to give a new herbal prescription as the body changes and then the herbal formula has to be adjusted. I have a chronic kidney problem and take tibetan herbal medicine but need a new formula every 2 months and some people need to get new prescriptions every 2 weeks my doctor told me. I live in Boston am not able to make this but I just am curious.

Hi Grady what I am having trouble understanding is the benefit of a one time diagnosis and herbal treatment when there will be no one around in a month or two to give a new herbal prescription as the body changes and then the herbal formula has to be adjusted. I have a chronic kidney problem and take tibetan herbal medicine but need a new formula every 2 months and some people need to get new prescriptions every 2 weeks my doctor told me. I live in Boston am not able to make this but I just am curious.

This is an excellent question and important topic.

The short answer is: according to our perspective, if your doctor is not confident enough in his diagnostics and his knowledge of herbs to prescribe you a single formula that can be effectively and safely used for one to three months, with an expectation of a persistent and stable resolution of your disharmony in the months afterwards, without requiring you to come back for an adjustment *unless* certain conditions occur/re-occur, then he doesn't have any business providing herbal formulae.

Now that may seem harsh, especially because many people have been conditioned by their often well-meaning TCM college graduate practitioner that they need to be in clinic once a week (or more!) for endless tweaks to their formulae, more needles, more tui na, more whatever, sometimes for years on end. And it's not necessarily their fault, as that's typically how they were taught.

Our goal is always to get people *off* of herbs (or whatever other treatment modality is called for) as soon as possible, and for many people that is after the first 疗程 LiaoCheng "treatment protocol/period". We see a lot of people who have been treated by other practitioners who seem to want to keep them hooked *on* herbs, for reasons which should be obvious. Let that sink in for a second. Also, particularly for treatments involving herbs, we consider a period of "down time" immediately following treatment extremely important for allowing the body-mind to stabilize the resolution of the disharmony which the herbs have helped to effect, and that period can be as long or longer than the time spent taking herbs, depending on the given case.

Now we do not always achieve full resolution of a disharmony in a single go, particularly when immune systems are severely impaired/compromised, say by what Western medicine calls "autoimmune" conditions or cancer (particularly post-chemo or radiotherapy). However that is *always* the goal, even with our most serious cases, and frequently we can make very large strides in that direction with a single treatment protocol. So yes, we consider these open clinics to be very beneficial for our patients, particularly for people who are unable for whatever reason to travel to the hospital in China.

Edited by grady
  • Like 2