bamboo

Longmen pai retreats in the UK

Longmen pai in the UK  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which retreat would you be most likely to attend?

• 3 day beginners retreat
    • 7 day beginner and intermediate retreat
    • 9 day beginner and intermediate retreat

Hi all,

Aurelian Popa, a student of Master Wang, who was given permission to teach back in 2009 has very kindly extended an offer to come to the UK and hold retreats teaching the authentic neigong practices of the mountain daoists as transmitted in the Longmen pai.

I just wanted to gauge the level of interest and get an idea of numbers so we can begin to turn the wheels in motion and make this happen.

For those who are unfamiliar with the moving and still exercises of the Longmen pai they are comprised of the following:

Pingheng gong - Balance practices for exchanging qi, xin and ling with trees, stars, sun, moon and more..

Ziran huanqi fa - Natural energy exchange method, also know as the natural energy circulation practice is the walking practice which allows the practitioner to contract and expand the qi field while walking and exchange universal energy through the pores of the whole body. Also facilitates the opening of all the energy channels.

Jing gong - The main sitting practices are yinxian fa (methods to illicit immortality) and sanxian gong (the three immortal exercises). Yinxian fa is the method to repair the leaks, build the foundation and return to the source. Sanxian gong is the progressive cultivation practice through the three levels of human, earth and heavenly immortals.

Shuigong - Sleeping practice is done at leisure while physically lying down but not actually sleeping. It has several levels and many practices within it for exchanging qi, healing the body and training the shen and ling.

Taiyi jinhua zongzhi - Golden flower practice for training the tianmu (third eye) and cultivating specific neigong lines within the physical body.

...and many more besides but these are the basic core practices.

Peace and blessings,

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 2

BTW isn't Aurelian the same person who organizes retreats with master Jiang too?

Yes Ish,

Aurelian is a student of Master Wang Liping and a disciple formally accepted into Master Jiang's school. He takes groups to visit him several times a year, I have met some of the people who travelled to China and have had treatment from Master Jiang and his students with amazing results.

Hi all,

Aurelian Popa, a student of Master Wang, who was given permission to teach back in 2009 has very kindly extended an offer to come to the UK and hold retreats teaching the authentic neigong practices of the mountain daoists as transmitted in the Longmen pai.

I just wanted to gauge the level of interest and get an idea of numbers so we can begin to turn the wheels in motion and make this happen.

For those who are unfamiliar with the moving and still exercises of the Longmen pai they are comprised of the following:

Pingheng gong - Balance practices for exchanging qi, xin and ling with trees, stars, sun, moon and more..

Ziran huanqi fa - Natural energy exchange method, also know as the natural energy circulation practice is the walking practice which allows the practitioner to contract and expand the qi field while walking and exchange universal energy through the pores of the whole body. Also facilitates the opening of all the energy channels.

Jing gong - The main sitting practices are yinxian fa (methods to illicit immortality) and sanxian gong (the three immortal exercises). Yinxian fa is the method to repair the leaks, build the foundation and return to the source. Sanxian gong is the progressive cultivation practice through the three levels of human, earth and heavenly immortals.

Shuigong - Sleeping practice is done at leisure while physically lying down but not actually sleeping. It has several levels and many practices within it for exchanging qi, healing the body and training the shen and ling.

Taiyi jinhua zongzhi - Golden flower practice for training the tianmu (third eye) and cultivating specific neigong lines within the physical body.

Peace and blessings to you all,

Hello,

A few questions, about the teacher Aurelian Popa, what are his achievements from his practice?

Hi Jetsun,

tuition fees would be as follows:

3 day basic course - 399 euros/person (133eur/day)

9 day intermediate - 999 euros/person (111eur/day)

we would endeavour to find suitable and reasonably priced accommodation - that would be in addition to the tuition fees. Same pricing structure as Master Wang's retreats.

• Like 1

Hi LaoZiDao,

Aurelian is a very highly accomplished practitioner. In LMP we do not have levels as they do in other paths but there are phenomena that appear during the course of ones practice and he has had many of these appear. I am not at liberty to discuss his achievements here. Suffice to say I do not know of another western LMP practitioner who has been given permission to teach by Master Wang.

Bless

• Like 2

Bamboo,

This would be a brilliant opportunity and very exciting. I for one would certainly attend, providing there was enough advance notice.

• Like 1

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for putting up the video. This is a demonstration they give of faqi (emitting qi) to validate the existence of qi to sceptics. While holding a patients hand this is also one of the methods of diagnosis they use to check the left right balance, the existence of blockages within the channels and more. I am no expert on Master Jiang's school so please forgive me if my explanation is a little off.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 1

Hi Jetsun,

tuition fees would be as follows:

3 day basic course - 399 euros/person (133eur/day)

9 day intermediate - 999 euros/person (111eur/day)

we would endeavour to find suitable and reasonably priced accommodation - that would be in addition to the tuition fees. Same pricing structure as Master Wang's retreats.

this seems expensive considering Wang wont be present at the retreat

• Like 1

I wonder why is he disciple of both masters, Wang Li Ping and Jiang Feng... one is Daoist the other is Budhist... I am a little bit confused, but I am impressed with his achievements. Only that being accepted as disciple by both masters is a big achievement.

• Like 1

Hi MooNiNite,

Master Wang's fee is 200 euros/day currently, so the fee for the longer seminar is almost half the price. I had the good fortune to attend a retreat earlier this month in Romania with Aurelian and his manipulation of the field is extraordinary. Also his knowledge of the methods and generosity with the teachings are exemplary.

Disciple and student of are not the same thing. He has been accepted into Master Jiang's school formally as a disciple, he is a student of master wang's as we all are.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 1

Hi MooNiNite,

Master Wang's fee is 200 euros/day currently, so the fee for the longer seminar is almost half the price. I had the good fortune to attend a retreat earlier this month in Romania with Aurelian and his manipulation of the field is extraordinary. Also his knowledge of the methods and generosity with the teachings are exemplary. The feeling was very similar to when I went to see Master Wang back in 2011.

this is understandable, thanks. If it is implied i must point out that Wang is celestial immortal level and is much more than one half the experience level than i would place Aurelian. Probably 1/30 ratio (rough estimate of no value). But, it is great that the teachings are spreading.

Disciple and student of are not the same thing. He has been accepted into Master Jiang's school formally as a disciple, he is a student of master wang's as we all are.

Ok this distinction makes more sense. I would be surprised if he was actually a disciple of both, considering the masters watch over them and the close proximity. Just curious, do you know how many disciples master Wang has?

HI Aurelian, we just completed an awesome advanced intensive together very recently with Grandmaster Wang Liping! So you will be holding intensives in the UK as I hold intensives in the US. This is very exciting as we are helping to share Master's teachings, My role is to help to open doors for new students who plan to study with Master Wang but currently cannot leave the country. I always encourage students to study directly with Master Wang, as there is absolutely no substitute so new students best understand this very clearly from the beginning.

Master Wang will hold a ten day intensive in Dalian this December 22 - 31st, organized by Richard Liao. Please contact us if you are a student wishing to attend. Please find info on dragongate-academy.org or email me directly at [email protected].

Edited by DragonGateNYC
  • Like 2

Hi Jeannette,

Great to hear about master wang's upcoming intensive in Dalian this December.

Just to avoid any confusion, the purpose of this thread is to connect people in the uk to the teachings of the Longmen pai, who otherwise may not have the opportunity to attend one of Grandmasters retreats.

Hi Jeannette,

Great to hear about master wang's upcoming intensive in Dalian this December.

Just to avoid any confusion, the purpose of this thread is to connect people in the uk to the teachings of the Longmen pai, who otherwise may not have the opportunity to attend one of Grandmasters retreats.

Bamboo L! Hope you are doing great; we have to catch up. Yes, it is good of Aurelian to share Master's teachings and best to encourage students to follow with direct study with Master Wang. I find that new students need to understand that without the direct connection to the Master lineage holder, they can only expect to make limited progress; this is a fact. Master is competent to guide students from any distance whereas his students are not at his level of capability. So we all need to profoundly understand that real progress with this lineage is to be made with the Master source. Master's senior students have requested that I include this quote:

Students who seriously wish to learn this practice should be aware that this path requires leadership of an experienced mentor who owns the right to the line of tradition - otherwise it is impossible to guarantee the authenticity of the teachings, accuracy and safety of its methods.

So yes, it's lovely to open doors for those students who cannot leave the country for direct study, enabling them to build a preparatory foundation for this practice. Students will find it easy to like Aurelian as he is articulate, intelligent and good energy. :)

Edited by DragonGateNYC
  • Like 2

Dearest J,

Thank you for taking the time to post here, it is very kind of you. Of course I defer to your greater knowledge and experience within this lineage every time. Hope you had a great intensive in Singapore just gone and I wish you much progress in the upcoming retreat in Romania at the end of this month.

Bless

Blessed L,

We had an enjoyable intensive in Dalian together, April 2011 :) how is your tree doing? the key is to attend more intensives directly with Master, then we will have undeniable improvement.

i was planning to post for December intensive only, after not having time to visit this site for eons. but found your topic interesting, of course. Yes, you are correct, i am enjoying all of Master's intensives :D very much indeed. thank you and wishing you to make the best progress, always.

• Like 1

So just to reiterate, who would actually be interested in attending an intensive? I know you're keen Blackfinger but is anyone else able to confirm?

Hi Bamboo I am new to the forum but I would welcome an intensive in the UK.

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1