Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Taobums is doing good.

I'm happy with how Taobums is growing these days! I was just out there googling away and it always makes me smile to see taobum threads are often one of the only tendrils of knowledge out there on google. It's great to see participation from a growing number of nations and perspectives with lots of information coming together right here. In my next life, I look forward to being a taobum too!

It is indeed an amazing place. I'm very grateful it is here, and that I found it...and thanks to all the posters who contribute knowledge that I would never have even suspected existed. I look forward to the day that I can understand some of it. :)

from the stats at the bottom of TTBs main page:

191 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes

Holy macaroni!

TTB is starting to rank in search engines really quickly for things we discuss ... For instance, this latest topic Lama Dorje, it's less than two weeks old and it's indexed TWICE on the first page of Google if you search for "Lama Dorje". Pretty cool.

I'm very new to the forum and have learned some stuff already. I'm looking forward to see how things develop. I like the irony - a forum devoted to discussion about a topic that defies discussion and is inherently experiential.... much like the Dao De Jing....

270 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes

Most users ever online was 553 on Jul 20 2007, 12:22 PM

But still, considering how many people view the forum, few actually post.

Any ideas on how to increase user participation? I have a gigantic TTB to do list that, about twice a year I get all fired up and tackle a chunk of. Some of my latest ideas require programming I don't have time for/can't do myself. I will probably end up throwing a grand or two at the site this year customizing it. Definitely open to suggestions.

But still, considering how many people view the forum, few actually post.

I think that's probably true of just about any online forum. Still, as a fairly new user, I think its the type and quality of discussions you have that draw people into using it. :) And some people will just always be lurkers, not talkers. :huh:

V.

How to increase user participation? Hmmmmm... Give them a candy for each post they make? And then ship the gathered candies to them once a year. :lol:

Or, for male posters, each 10, 15 or so posts gets you a pic of a hot chick? For female, a guy?

:D

a hot chick? For female, a guy?

Our webmasters are beyondananda sexy... Maybe Sean and Lezlie can email a calendar after one's 100th post...

I just noticed that at 11:30 pm Sat night Eastern time, there are 143 guests... that's a lot of traffic.

Sean... I have a suggestion: I have never been able to get the search function to work with more than one word. I haven't tried doing so for the last few months, but I think a lot of people wash in from google and want more info about a particular topic and so getting a great search function I think is a high priority. Also, I'd love to see a phases of the moon and maybe an eclipse alert as well, but that's of secondary importance... we can find that elsewhere on the net.

Yoda

PS. I just got "sun gazing" to search but not "sun gazing sperm"... so maybe the limit is 2 words now?

PS. I just got "sun gazing" to search but not "sun gazing sperm"... so maybe the limit is 2 words now?

What`s that? A new technique you`re using? :P:lol:

Sign in to follow this