Wun Yuen Gong

Supernormal Powers from Internal arts?

After reading many of the threads here on people like John Chang, Wang Li Ping do you guys think its possible to achieve these powers from internal arts suchs as Taiji, Bagua, water boxing etc?

If not what do you feel these arts lack in order to achieve the powers of john Chang or Wang Li Ping as well Lama Dorje?

What is there secret behind geting such abilities?

WYG

WYG,

I don't know how to go about getting that sort of power, but there are some leads around here. That Lama Dorje book sounds like a good place to start. Welcome to taobums, btw!

Yours,

Yoda

Thanks its good to be here Yoda, :)

Im looking at getting Lama's book! I see so many Taiji and internal arts around but there hasnt been anyone so far that has special powers apart issuing Fajing which i dont consider it a Power of supernormal abilities.

Hows does one start his training for these skills?

WYG

The key to developing these kinds of abilities is by unlocking them. You already have the ability; we all do, but we have forgotten our original nature.

As we wrote about in Pillars of Bliss, the spontaneous Kunlun practice helps activate the dormant parts of the brain and also activates "junk" DNA. Once this internal alchemy has begun, amazing things start to happen. Most important is the activation of divine bliss, because it is this energy that works through your body to eliminate energy blocks and mind-body illusions.

What Lama Dorje does is to plant the seed (direct mind-to-mind transfer of the knowledge/ability) and then show you the method for cultivating it.

It is very simple. So simple most would reject it, but the highest practices are incredibly simple and incredibly powerful.

Hey Mate,

I just ordered his book, can u tell me more about the spontanious method of chi kung i heard it can be dangerous?

Does it have ways of loosening up the body if so would this be important stage of chi cultivation?

sorry for the questions, but very interested in Lama Dorje!

WYG

Hey Mate,

I just ordered his book, can u tell me more about the spontanious method of chi kung i heard it can be dangerous?

Does it have ways of loosening up the body if so would this be important stage of chi cultivation?

WYG

The secret... fasting, meditation(trance), and celibacy, and feeling not visualizing energy...

It doesn't have to be complicated. The more time you spend going deeper and deeper into trance, the more aware you become, the more you "wake up" from this dream, the more lucid you become, and the more control you have over it.

some things for you to check out

robert peng www.robertpeng.com is also able to generate electricity like john chang.

The secret... everyone wants to know... is the trance state... the deeper in trance you go the more enlightened you can become.

Trance work is the key... check out energy work by robert bruce and buy robert pengs dvd both are worth their weight in gold

Edited by mwight

Hey Mate,

WYG

This is actually a Nei Gung practice and you are not dealing with chi. It is a different type of energy. Closer to divine mind.

It can be dangerous only in that you mix other methods with it, such as Kudalini Yoga. If you do not know what you are doing the energy can rise up the wrong channel and make you go bonky.

The book is a great place to start but it is essential to have the direct transfer from Lama Dorje, as this is the pearl of knowledge that the Kunlun practice cultivates.

Historically, this tradition is not a written one. It is direct knowledge that is energetically transferred, mind-to-mind from teacher to student. This is how it has been passed down from the beginning.

When the divine bliss is activated, by contrast creations of the mind are eliminated. That is to say, emotional/energy blocks and mental illusions which we carry are eliminated because they cannot stand up to the brilliance of divine bliss. This process can cause the body to shake or tremble like a wet dog shaking off water. People laugh, cry, scream, begin spontaneous yogic postures, sing, etc. It is always different because we are all holding different things inside. It is very odd looking, but afterwards students find they have lightened their load and many of them (like those at the first LA seminar) look years younger the next day.

Mantra68

Does Lama Dorge use herbs and TCM to enhance his skills?

Also i see he does drumming, does he or do you know anything regarding drumming the I CHING?

WYG

The secret... fasting, meditation(trance), and celibacy, and feeling not visualizing energy...

It doesn't have to be complicated. The more time you spend going deeper and deeper into trance, the more aware you become, the more you "wake up" from this dream, the more lucid you become, and the more control you have over it.

robert peng www.robertpeng.com is also able to generate electricity like john chang.

The secret... everyone wants to know... is the trance state... the deeper in trance you go the more enlightened you can become.

Trance work is the key... check out energy work by robert bruce and buy robert pengs dvd both are worth their weight in gold

The trance state has been used by many famous minds to tap into higher abilities. Andrew Carnigee (One of the richest men who ever lived), Einstein, Tesla, Edgar Cayce, and ever single master of Qigong/NeiGong.

The trance state is the state between both waking and sleep, the deeper you go, the more power and knowledge you can attain. You must remain awake to bring anything useful back, and yet your body must be completely asleep, if you tried to walk in the trance state it would feel like you were drunk and disoreinted, time passes so fast it is illogical. An entire night and day can wiz by in minutes. Odd things will begin to happen if you are around other people. That is the best I can describe it, you will really have to see for yourself.

The key to developing these kinds of abilities is by unlocking them. You already have the ability; we all do, but we have forgotten our original nature.

As we wrote about in Pillars of Bliss, the spontaneous Kunlun practice helps activate the dormant parts of the brain and also activates "junk" DNA. Once this internal alchemy has begun, amazing things start to happen. Most important is the activation of divine bliss, because it is this energy that works through your body to eliminate energy blocks and mind-body illusions.

What Lama Dorje does is to plant the seed (direct mind-to-mind transfer of the knowledge/ability) and then show you the method for cultivating it.

It is very simple. So simple most would reject it, but the highest practices are incredibly simple and incredibly powerful.

The Thunder God refered to in the book, does he also go by the name of Lei Shen?

Sifu Robert Peng must be in a walking and talking Samadhi. When he did my treatment it took one forceful inhale and exhale, just one :blink:

Hi mwight,

I have some experience of Robert Bruce's energy work from his book Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience (a good course that I never finished :) Preferred to spend my 30~45 min a day on other meditations but it does look like it would work if you wanted to experience an OBE.

Would you recommend Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences for more energy work information? I see he also has a new book which looks more on topic Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development.

(I'm not much of a DVD person, I like books)

The trance state is the state between both waking and sleep, the deeper you go, the more power and knowledge you can attain. You must remain awake to bring anything useful back, and yet your body must be completely asleep,

I read about this in The Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power

by Christopher S. Kilham (excellent book) He mentioned learning how to be conscious while you are asleep (as well as an interesting meditation method listing to the sound of nothing) I've never tried conscious sleeping as he was the only person I remember ever mentioning it. Without having a teacher I never know if it's good to mix things from different people. Any further pointers :)

Actually all the info in Kilham's book sounded really interesting. Anyone ever tried his methods or know of a lineage that they are from?

Hi mwight,

I have some experience of Robert Bruce's energy work from his book Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience (a good course that I never finished :) Preferred to spend my 30~45 min a day on other meditations but it does look like it would work if you wanted to experience an OBE.

Would you recommend Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences for more energy work information? I see he also has a new book which looks more on topic Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development.

(I'm not much of a DVD person, I like books)

I read about this in The Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power

by Christopher S. Kilham (excellent book) He mentioned learning how to be conscious while you are asleep (as well as an interesting meditation method listing to the sound of nothing) I've never tried conscious sleeping as he was the only person I remember ever mentioning it. Without having a teacher I never know if it's good to mix things from different people. Any further pointers :)

Actually all the info in Kilham's book sounded really interesting. Anyone ever tried his methods or know of a lineage that they are from?

I would recommend Robert's book "Energy Work" all his others are great but they deal more with astral projection primarily. His book "Energy Work" deals with well energy work :) Its more of a western style physics book explanation and course on the subject. It is very easy to understand and comprehend. Above all the underlying premise is that visualization doesn't work(at least very well), you must instead feel the flows of energy in your body.

Also the trance state is indeed the most important aspect of these types of meditations. You are in both worlds at once, you are asleep, and yet also awake. You are both, and neither at the same time. You technically can still interact with the world around you in real life, however it like being drunk and feels like you have weights strapped to you. In this state you can tap into your subconscious mind and realize higher realities and potentials.

The deeper you go into this state the more malleable reality becomes.

Sifu Robert Peng must be in a walking and talking Samadhi. When he did my treatment it took one forceful inhale and exhale, just one :blink:

Well from what I have learned the trance state is the state where one accumulates power(chi), knowledge, understanding, enlightenment. While I do believe healing others would be more effective if done in a trance state, it would be impractical to say the least.

After reading many of the threads here on people like John Chang, Wang Li Ping do you guys think its possible to achieve these powers from internal arts suchs as Taiji, Bagua, water boxing etc?

If not what do you feel these arts lack in order to achieve the powers of john Chang or Wang Li Ping as well Lama Dorje?

What is there secret behind geting such abilities?

WYG

Do you mind describing what types of supernormal powers you are referring to specifically?

Steve

I guess after reading these sites such as Lama Dorje etc, i see that these abnormal skills can be attained but can we all attain them with its practise shown?

Can any type of stillness meditation develop such powers or does it have to be theres?

Is it the mind more then the chi kung or med involved?

WYG

I guess after reading these sites such as Lama Dorje etc, i see that these abnormal skills can be attained but can we all attain them with its practise shown?

Can any type of stillness meditation develop such powers or does it have to be theres?

Is it the mind more then the chi kung or med involved?

WYG

Meditation alone will not easily get you there. It is the creation of the magnetic vortex via Kunlun that opens the dormant parts of the brain.

Thanks mate,

Are these magnetic vortexes "Chakras" and the exericises are chi kung?

Oh, is the Kunlun exericises in the Book of Lama Dorje?

cheers

WYG

I don't believe in these "powers". If they can do it to me, then I'll believe. Why do want these sort of "powers", anyway? It's all sort of Dragon Ball Z, to me. You can get great skill by practicing hard. None of those alleged powers leads to enlightenment. If you want skill, practice. If you want enlightenment...practice.

Trance states are nothing mystical - we have them cyclically throughout the day.

I've done a lot of trance training - it's not quite true that the deeper you go the more powerfull it is - the different levels of depth have their different qualities.

Light trance is the most underestimated level - it's when your mind relaxes (alpha brainwave frequency - between 7 and 8 hz is good) - this level of trance quitens your mind and expands the periphery of your awareness. It's the qi gong state. It's not difficult to move in this state but it will feel 'weird' at first (proportions - sizes, distances, time all become kind of hazy). We go into alpha state all the time - when we are enchanted by reading a book - when watching tv - sometimes when driving we realise that we've not been paying attention to the journey but somehow got home like always etc. You know that feeling of just leting go of everything - that's also 'trance'.

So it's not the ability of entering light trance that is difficult (just putting your attention on feeling your body does this) it's the ability to stay present within it and to direct your awareness with consciousness that is the skill to be learnt.

Deeper levels of trance are completely different - this is where your body is asleep... yoga nidra is a good way to enter this kind of state...

Buddy,

I believe that being a higher level of energy work is indeed more enlightened then the normal person. To do what Lama Dorje says he can do emitting light from his hand same goes for Wang Li Ping in his book with the wolves when he hit them with light from his palm and killed 3 of them.

WYG

While I do believe healing others would be more effective if done in a trance state, it would be impractical to say the least.

It's not impractical at all. There are many channels on the radio. It's just if your tuned in, or tuned out.

it's the ability to stay present within it and to direct your awareness with consciousness that is the skill to be learnt.

...breath & ground...

Light trance is the most underestimated level - it's when your mind relaxes (alpha brainwave frequency - between 7 and 8 hz is good) - this level of trance quitens your mind and expands the periphery of your awareness. It's the qi gong state. It's not difficult to move in this state but it will feel 'weird' at first (proportions - sizes, distances, time all become kind of hazy)

Nice contribution to the thread freeform.

I'm already involved with another system, but I'm extremely excited about the Lama Dorje information showing up on taobums. I've not met him, but I think he has a number of unique qualities:

*He looks like he's a westerner which is a *huge* plus. These eastern guys really don't understand our karma on many levels. I think Western teachers do the best job.

*His photo carries the vibe of an unusually deep energy master.

*He's a nice guy. A lot of these mega energy masters are freaked out thoroughbreds and not so nice.

*Relatedly, his students are nice folks. They have had a nice presence on this board without needing to go ape on other systems which is unusual within energy cultivation sanghas.

*His energy practice seems to connect to emptiness type philosophy, which might account for some of the mellowness.

*He doesn't charge much money... basically to cover the event space and his travel money. Keeping costs down so more people can participate is a noble thing.

*The smiling drill practice that Mantra68 posted kicks ass, so the style of practice sounds very pleasant and Taoist compatible

So I'm excited that Cam is off to see the wizard! Hopefully, he'll be allowed to talk about what he learns there.

-Yoda

Buddy,

I believe that being a higher level of energy work is indeed more enlightened then the normal person. To do what Lama Dorje says he can do emitting light from his hand same goes for Wang Li Ping in his book with the wolves when he hit them with light from his palm and killed 3 of them.

WYG

I'd like to see either of these magical feats demonstrated. I practice Daoist meditation from the Kun Lun Xian Zong school. I'm not that far advanced but there is nothing remotely like what I've seen described in Lama Dorje's site. Perhaps I'm not far enough along in my training to be exposed to the "supernatural" stuff and perhaps our systems are very different but at this point I believe that what is needed is time, patience, commitment, and practice rather than a mysterious direct transmission from a master for a few hundred dollars... Where is the precedent in the history of internal development for achieving enlightenment without years of diligent effort simply for a fee?

Steve

Edited by xuesheng

Hey Yoda, I appreciate your comments.

The truth is that he is willing to teach things that you simply cannot get others to share. He wants to share this knowledge with people.

When he was in the monastery in Nepal, they said "don't teach the nuns these practices" because they wanted to keep their caste system in place. You see, if the women had the ability to do the things the men could do there would be chaos. They were also afraid of how much more powerful the nuns could become because women are more powerful than men at the higher levels.

So upon hearing this request, Lama Dorje made plans to visit the nuns the next morning, where he had tea with them, chit-chatted, and then proceeded to teach them EVERYTHING he had.

You see, he is a system buster. He has gone into every mystery school on earth, stripped away all of the BS and found the common root practice, which is the Spontaneous Kunlun Nei Gung. He goes against the order and it is because he goes against the order that his teachers have given him their highest secrets.

He rejects the tradition of keeping these high teachings secret, by making them available to everyone who is interested in learning.

He is not fooling his teachers. They know exactly what he is doing, and they want him to do it because these arts are dying out. Monks in Tibet face punishment if they are caught doing any sort of practice. There is an undercover soldier dressed as a monk and he observes everything. The rest of China is the same way. So in order to keep this knowledge alive they make it appear as though Max has done something wrong. They then reprimand him and cast him out. As he leaves there is a little nod and a wink, and he leaves to teach in the West.

He is recognized by the high Lamas as a Boddhisattva incarnate. A real one. Medicine men, shaman and others see him the same way. This is why masters from every tradition seek him out for healing and teaching.

He is blessed to be born in the west but raised in the Eastern tradition from age six because it allows him to pass freely through the world as a normal person. The fact is that he is anything but normal. I have seen things that I cannot discuss at this time, because the world is not ready for it. Soon maybe, but not quite yet.

By coming out to travel and do seminars, he is saving people the enormous amounts of money and time they might spend traveling the world for this information (which they may never find anyway).

Also, he is not looking to collect a big string of students. He gives you the ability (via transfer) and he gives you the method for cultivating the ability. Done. You are welcome to continue to study with him but no longer really need to see him after that.

We say, "you need a teacher to show you that you don't need a teacher."

Everything is within you, you just need to know how to unlock it.

Cheers!

Chris

P.S. Glad you liked the smile test. Just a spur of the moment idea but it could actually be a complete practice by itself. Letting the energy expand through your whole body can bring you to the state of divinity. Maintaining that feeling as you move through the day: enlightenment.

Like all of the highest practices, simple.

Edited by Mantra68