Sign in to follow this  
rookie

what is Buddhist sickness?

You dont know many Chinese then, is my guess.

Hehehehe......

Can you name one Chinese Buddhist monk that was die of cancer.....??

PS.....

When I say Chinese Buddhist, I mean a Chinese monk.

Edited by ChiDragon

I can't think of a single Chinese monk who has ever died from cancer.

That said I've never known any Chinese monks.

Does Taiwanese count?

Edited by GrandmasterP

I can't think of a single Chinese monk who has ever died from cancer.

That said I've never known any Chinese monks.

Does Taiwanese count?

Yes, Taiwanese are Chinese too. Even though, they don't think so...... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

Hehehehe......

Can you name one Chinese Buddhist monk that was die of cancer.....??

PS.....

When I say Chinese Buddhist, I mean a Chinese monk.

Haha... it wasn't obviously obvious in your earlier post that you were actually referring to monks!

Are you really intimate with the histories of all the Chinese monks who ever lived and died? Incredible, Mr Chi Dragon!! :P

• Like 2

Yes, Taiwanese are Chinese too. Eveen though, they don't think so...... :)

What about Koreans?

Yes, heard the same, on both counts.

Sorry for your loss. Do you have another cat now? We have a black and white one back home named Mickey. After the Mouse. Haven't yet heard of a mouse named Felix though. Im sure there's one out there somewhere. :D

Felix the cat.

http://www.felixthecat.com/

Felix the cat.

http://www.felixthecat.com/

Yes, Felix the cat, i grew up with that cartoon series!! I was actually wondering if anyone's heard of a mouse being named Felix cos my cat was named Mickey, after Mickey Mouse. I found that quite humorous.

Haha... it wasn't obviously obvious in your earlier post that you were actually referring to monks!

Are you really intimate with the histories of all the Chinese monks who ever lived and died? Incredible, Mr Chi Dragon!! :P

http://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2013/05/hambo-lama-itigelov-living-dead.html

No, Koreans are not Chinese but there is a group of Korean national in China.

Edited by ChiDragon

http://thetaobums.com/topic/7816-death-of-64th-celestial-master/ Prostate Cancer. They did finally accept a successor.

Do you know why he die of prostate cancer....???

You see, the Taiwanese Taoists wear colorful clothes and eat good foods not like the true Taoist in Wudang Mountain in China.

http://www.wdgf.cn/sxzl/wdj/22.JPG

Edited by ChiDragon

Agreed there.

Taiwanese seem to have a rich diet replete with MSG and other additives whereas according to Bill Porter those Taoist hermits in China eat more natural food often home- grown.

Not so sure about Wudang Mountain though, been there and it was like Disney Land IMO.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Well, Wudang is too commercialized now. It is not like it used to be. I think the westerners had spoiled them.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Certainly western money if you count Hong Kong and USA based Chinese patrons.

I'm no expert, only been once to China but what struck me was that the ordinary working people in China are about where we were back in the 1970s.

Full employment, more free time and increased car ownership.

Stands to reason families want to visit a nice place for a drive out in their car or on a tour bus so places like Wudang cater to the tourists.

For sure since restrictions were eased on indigenous religions; the Chinese government supports temples and shrines for the tourist and tax revenue potential and NOT for any spiritual reason.

For example by improving roads in tourist areas.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Buddhist sickness and Zen sickness is the same. In Buddhist meditation you concentrate on place where lower dantian placed even if you did not know about its existence. Laws of Qi is working even if you did not know about them, and one of the law is where your attention there is Qi concentrating. If you did not use any additional techniques to strengthen your energy system and improve your health you could suffer Buddhist sickness when accumulating too much Qi in dantian. Because after certain level this energy start flowing through all the channels and if they are not ready it could ruin body or made it very sick. Each time I clean my central channel and receive more Yang Qi then usual I feel like molten metal flows inside me. And it is despite my everyday practise. So I could only imagine what a big disaster could cause huge amount of uncontrolled Qi in unprepared body.

Sign in to follow this