Sign in to follow this  
daojones

Damn you body!

I'm curious as to why when I don't take care of my body it wants me to further degrade it's state. For example, no exercise desire to eat late, or if I eat a bunch of food that makes me not feel good...eat more not feel good food. WHY!!!! >:

• Like 1

Good question, daojones!

It is entirely psychological. Though the body has knowledge it does not initiate action, nor does it have preferences for harmful action.

The body is nonpsychological.

I have found that changes resulting in elimination of destructive craving that you have described are those that can be typified as the manifestation of a desire and having the will to stop~ that and an unbending intent, to sustain that desire and will is what eliminates the reasoning behind self-destructive behavior.

Bottom line: It's not your body that wants, it's the psychological identity that wants and reasons. And the only way to stop one's psychological momentum is to want to stop the behavior altogether.

Good luck with that issue, daojones.❤

ed note: re-write content leaving out hun and po references

Edited by deci belle

I think that what's considered healthy isn't always healthy...but if you do some unhealthy things, you might end up being healthier because it's what you're supposed to do anyway. At least sometimes.

I'm talking about spontaneity (good) versus rigidity (not so good).

Edited by Aetherous

I'm curious as to why when I don't take care of my body it wants me to further degrade it's state. For example, no exercise desire to eat late, or if I eat a bunch of food that makes me not feel good...eat more not feel good food. WHY!!!! >:

Well, laziness/easy ways out feel very pleasant.

It takes a lot of willpower for that conscience inside you to over ride this!

• Like 1

Dropped Auntie Vera off at Tibshelf Motorway services on Friday up the M1 meeting her son who was to take her the rest of the way home.

Hot day and we had to wait as he was delayed so ( stupidly) bought and part-consumed a cup of Fanta Orange 'juice' from a burger concession.

That filthy chemical taste is still with me two days later.

Agree with Rara on this one..... Sometimes we just do his stuff and then suffer the consequences afterwards.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Why don't you want to take care your body to begin with.....???

Have you ever heard of the Dual Cultivation of Xing(Mind) and Ming(Body).....??? Either one can be cultivated independently depends which is more lack of. IMHO There is a weakness in your mind. You need a little cultivation for the mind. ;)

• Like 2

I'm curious as to why when I don't take care of my body it wants me to further degrade it's state.

Because entropy. As a biological unit, your body has only one objective: grow up to the point where it can reproduce, then stick around long enough to take care of the offspring. (And sometimes, not even that.) Everything beyond that is just a nice bonus. Once you pass that energetic phase of your life, your body begins the process of falling apart: reflexes aren't as fast, it takes you longer to recover, etc.

If anything, we should all be grateful our bodies last as long as they do.

• Like 2

Dropped Auntie Vera off at Tibshelf Motorway services on Friday up the M1 meeting her son who was to take her the rest of the way home.

Hot day and we had to wait as he was delayed so ( stupidly) bought and part-consumed a cup of Fanta Orange 'juice' from a burger concession.

That filthy chemical taste is still with me two days later.

Agree with Rara on this one..... Sometimes we just do his stuff and then suffer the consequences afterwards.

Good point.

I'm going to the pub later to meet old school friends.

I'm off alcohol for now, and I don't want to drink coke/lemonade, plus I've already had a glass of OJ today.

What does one choose at the bar?

Good point.

I'm off alcohol for now, and I don't want to drink coke/lemonade, plus I've already had a glass of OJ today.

Water works.

Water works.

Oh, I know.

Just that silly feeling of getting the free option. Maybe I'll stick some lime cordial in to help them with their water bill.

• Like 1

Good point.

perrier or some other overpriced bubbly water is my option in that setting

• Like 1

Hehe, nope, because peanuts and crisps (chips) are the snacks...and ah, America. We don't tip much over here in England haha.

I ended up getting a glass bottle of water, glass with ice with lime cordial and lemon slices. Cost as much as a pint of beer but hey, I feel good for doing it.

Sign in to follow this