Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Sex

Got a kick out of a news story saying that Jackie Kennedy enjoyed matching her husbands sex affairs with her own, including William Holden and Gianni Agnelli - in retaliation for the Presidents indiscretions.

Sex. That would make a great change of pace in the news. Anyone wish to comment on this old, but interesting article:

Walter Russell, said that lack of higher sex knowledge is facilitating a rapid degeneracy of the whole of our civilization.

Russell continued, that civilizations have fallen from high places many times in history for lack of sex knowledge and wrong sex practices. It is most possible that the present civilization will fall for the same reason.

He said, by higher sex knowledge I mean the effects of wrong sexual practice and wrong mate choosing from a spiritual, mental, character building viewpoint, instead of just a physical, biological and emotional point of view.

It has been said, "a man is what he thinks". To this, Russell adds "a man is what his sex practice and sex ideals make of him".

Sex practice can be the most spiritually uplifting, or the most mentally, emotionally and physical defiling thing in one's life. The greatest injury from promiscuous sex relations lies in the fact that each person has his own wave length pattern - promiscuous sex relations affect both by undermining both. Few realize that every cell in the body, plus the nature of the blood stream, is permanently affected, for better or worse, by sex relations.

The sex relations unifies two close mates, but badly distorts unbalanced ones. Thus, years of hard climbing towards one's spiritual goal can be nullified, according to Russell, in one brief costly hour of thoughtlessness in violating this most holy relationship between the sexes.

The ever thoughtless average human thinks that sexual promiscuity leaves no damaging effects unless one of the participants is diseased. Mr Average Man would be shocked to learn that the very Self-pattern of his emotions, his blood stream, his individual ideal and his very character is degenerated by choosing the wrong mate and by every promiscuous sexual experience.

Electrical connections between any two unequal sex mates distort the human wave forms which make up the human pattern. That, according to Russell, is the danger of promiscuity, and makes the idea of a mate choosing the most serious business of any man's life.

Human sex interchange must be a balanced one.

What about sexlessness? Russell said, one who forgoes sex can hardly expect to have a creative mind, or become a great leader, inventor, composer or artist. Sexless people tend to become copyists or imitators. They do not create - they repeat. They do not imagine - they remember. Technical skill may develop in them to a high degree, to disguise their lack of inspiration, but there is little art in those skills.

For sexless people, their mental status is progressive only through reflection from other sources outside of themselves. It does not arise from a well-spring within themselves. Sexless lives add very little new knowledge and new creations. For this reason, celibacy and impotency are prone to develop reformers, fanatics and zealots. Celibacy and virginity are unnatural, abnormal states, which create abnormal and subnormal people. In time, either atrophy of the generative powers or neurotic conditions or sublimation, causes a permanent derangement of body, mind and spirit.

from Scientific Explanation of Sex, 1949 by Walter Russell

• Like 2

I agree mostly.

I don't think there is such a thing as a sexless person though. Just in how life energy/ creative energy is expressed.

I don't think you need to have physical sex to express "sexual energy"

I prefer to call it life force/ creative energy, "sexual" energy I think is a limitation.

Some are better at expressing this creative energy than others

The wrong person does indeed screw one's life up and is most certainly not conducive to practices. Been there done that a couple times over.

• Like 1

In my naive opinion,

while there's a place for higher sex,

its practice, techniques, emotionality and spirituality.

I also find sex is like pizza,

even mediocre sex is good.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Only on TTB would a thread with this title get so few responses in one day.

Anywhere else and we'd be on page 10 by now.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Because they dont care ... or they are too busy being some were else trying to get it ?

( If it were another forum I'd have said "too busy having it " ) :D

Perfect timing... I was hoping to ask someone who's experienced in deeper sexual workings...

Obviously the ideal sexual scenario is one of love and mutual pleasure ... Slower without exerting too much energy...just enjoying as much of the build up as possible...and then bonding time after climax.

But what if a female partner is more into rough sex and would only normally climax from such... I know plenty of women that actually want to be treated like an object and feel overpowered, purely during intercourse.

I know that sex with the heart is pleasurable for everyone...but how detrimental is rough sex if both partners are enjoying it? Ignoring outside views of degrading women etc... After all, we're aiming for a mutually benefiting act.

Are we looking at lower vibrations during rough sex and hence not as beneficial for the spiritual path?

IMO, the indoctrination into the concept of a binary gender humanity is among the greatest atrocities, and lies.

This is perhaps a taster of what is to come, in the next 10/20 years perhaps. I tend to view these as unavoidable indicators rather than humanity's penchant for self-deception and anomalies.

Perfect timing... I was hoping to ask someone who's experienced in deeper sexual workings...

Obviously the ideal sexual scenario is one of love and mutual pleasure ... Slower without exerting too much energy...just enjoying as much of the build up as possible...and then bonding time after climax.

But what if a female partner is more into rough sex and would only normally climax from such... I know plenty of women that actually want to be treated like an object and feel overpowered, purely during intercourse.

I know that sex with the heart is pleasurable for everyone...but how detrimental is rough sex if both partners are enjoying it? Ignoring outside views of degrading women etc... After all, we're aiming for a mutually benefiting act.

Are we looking at lower vibrations during rough sex and hence not as beneficial for the spiritual path?

Don't have any answers to your questions,...just more questions.

Were does the need for "rough or humiliating sex" come from? Is it nurture or nature?

I've hear that women who use vibrators become only able to orgasm with a vibrator. And men who use fantasy to orgasm become only able to orgasm through that.

Would seem to me that the best partner is someone young, without experience,...rather than someone old, who is habitualized into particular sexual practices.

I've heard of an Enneagram sexual characteristic fixation test,...that is helpful to understand underlying sex fixations they may be blocking one's spiritual evolution,...developed by Eli Jaxon-Bear,...but haven't seen it.

This is perhaps a taster of what is to come, in the next 10/20 years perhaps. I tend to view these as unavoidable indicators rather than humanity's penchant for self-deception and anomalies.

Yes. IMO, the whole binary gender belief thing will dissolve in this generation. And, considering that the Future Buddha, Maitreya, is said to be transgender, it is obvious that She would not be accepted by today's society-at-large.

Note:

According to prediction and metaphor, the future Buddha, Maitreya, will be a male born into a Red Hat family, and in one day, become a realized Buddha as a female; like the monk Avalokiteshvara became Kuan Yin. Doesn't matter how this transformation of Avalokiteshvara took place; and although many still view him as male, the natural qualities of a Bodhisattva are feminine. Some suggest that Maitreya will be the final incarnation of Kuan Yin.

Re Maitreya, is sex to be taken so literally?

Ascribing gender to emotional states I think is misleading/ misconception

To say for example that love is purely a feminine expression.

Or that aggression is purely a masculine expression.

As love (in all its forms) and aggression (in all its forms) find themselves in both genders?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Re Maitreya, is sex to be taken so literally?

Ascribing gender to emotional states I think is misleading/ misconception

To say for example that love is purely a feminine expression.

Or that aggression is purely a masculine expression.

As love (in all its forms) and aggression (in all its forms) find themselves in both genders?

Masculine energy is contractive, whereas feminine energy expansive. IMO, more males experience feminine energy than females. For females, living in a patriarchal world, I find that females suppress a natural expansiveness, because of an indoctrination that they are less than male. In fact, most males have a deep fear of expansiveness, and for thousands of years, smothered such energy.

A 20th century Tantra Master said:

"The very qualities of being a disciple are the qualities which are feminine -- enabling a deep surrender. And if a man becomes a disciple, he will automatically grow qualities which are female. There is nothing wrong in it. Qualities are qualities, and all beautiful qualities are feminine -- love and trust and compassion and gratitude and surrender. All beautiful qualities are feminine.

It is not a question concerned with your sexuality; your being a male or female has many dimensions. One of the dimensions is that there are qualities intrinsic to females which make them easily disciples. There are men who have those qualities -- those qualities are not the monopoly of anybody. There are men who are more soft than any woman, more loving than any woman, more grateful than any woman -- but the qualities are feminine."

I would not say that pure love is purely a feminine expression, nor masculine,...pure love is beyond. IMO, pure love does not have an opposite,...it is beyond duality. Of course there is chemical, biological, and emotional love,...each of which belongs to dualities illusion.

Patriarchal society has suppressed the feminine for so long, that our thymus gland (Heart chakra) atrophies as children. Twenty-five hundred years ago, the Greeks, who studied human cadavers, said at that time, the butterfly shaped thymus was quite large.

For the past 1500 years, high level Buddhists have used the herbs He Shou Wu and Kwao Krua to rejuvenate the thymus gland,...thus allowing on a physical level, greater access to feminine energy and Heart Mind.

Many Buddha statues in Thailand show him with Tanner stage 2 and 3 breasts.

Bodhi is a feminine noun.

In ancient Greece, people were said to have two minds,...the masculine mind was psyche,...the feminine mind, thymos.

Go figure!

• Like 2

Very close friend of mine is asexual.

He's in his 60's, has never had sex and has never had any interest in it.

Some folks just plain refuse to believe this is even possible... heheh.

• Like 2

Many Buddha statues in Thailand show him with Tanner stage 2 and 3 breasts.

Wouldn't this be too literal?

As in breasts = "feminine" energy?

Compassion say, having no relation to gender...

Who is to say also that it wasn't women that created the "patriarchy"?

As per

Silent Answers

Why is it not that a women becomes muscular or develops a penis when becoming more "feminine" ( as you said "Masculine energy is contractive, whereas feminine energy expansive. IMO, more males experience feminine energy than females.")

Doesn't make much sense to me.

I think such expressions/ artistic explanations are limited.

Wouldn't this be too literal?

As in breasts = "feminine" energy?

Compassion say, having no relation to gender...

Who is to say also that it wasn't women that created the "patriarchy"?

As per

Silent Answers

Why is not that a women becomes muscular or develops a penis when becoming more "feminine" ( as you said "Masculine energy is contractive, whereas feminine energy expansive. IMO, more males experience feminine energy than females.")

IMO, you're looking at this too physically,...instead of spiritually.

On the contrary,...Real Compassion, what is called the Compassion of a Bodhisattva, has a profound relationship with spiritual level gender identity.

First of all,...to help this make better sense,...EVERYTHING is SEX. It's the nature of duality. Duality is a sexual reality. The word sex is a homonymy; that is, has meanings so different as to cause conflict in communication. Most peoples response to sex is like the 80's game "Dirty Minds."

For example:

You stick your poles inside me. You tie me down to get me up. I get wet before you do.

A. Tent!

What part of the man has no bone but has muscles, has lots of veins, like pumping, & is responsible for making love ?

A. Heart

Q. I come with a sticky hole, Men eat me in the morning, I can leave a glaze on your face.

A. Donut

Neither the masculine nor feminine side of duality can expess real compassion,...according to the Heart sutra. However,...to realize that, the masculine must turn from it's contractive state,...but the feminine (and I'm not speaking of Dirty Minds here), the real feminine, as in Lilith, not Eve, is already aware of the masculine. Eve is a product of the masculine,...not the feminine.

The masculine has suppressed the feminine for so long, most don't have a clue what real feminine is,...and so they answer with a Dirty Mind.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/20285-sky-dancers/?hl=lilith

• Like 2

My fun coming here on TTB is that the name TTB implies some interest in the Tao.

Let's say the Tao is who you really are,...not your body, your mind, your emotions,...but the you that was before you were born.

To find out Who one really is, one must realize When one is. To realize When one is, it is necessary to understand Who's Who in Duality.

yang...........................yin.

Masculine.....................Feminine.

centripetal....................centrafugal.

integrating....................disintregating.

spiral in......................spiral out.

implosive......................explosive.

converge.......................diverge.

in...........................out

generative.....................radiative.

Gravity....................Levity

inhalation.....................exhalation.

sphere…………….................…….torus.

solid........................vaporous

rotation decrease.............rotation increase.

quartz.........................calcite.

heating........................cooling.

charging.......................discharging.

contraction....................expansion.

Father Earth.....…….............Mother Sky

particle………............………………..wave.

Geb………...............……..……Nut.

Father Time...................Mother Space

induction......................conduction.

winding light waves............unwinding light waves

pressure increase.....................pressure decrease.

infra-red..........................ultra-violet.

low frequency..........................high frequency.

That list is Sex. Duality is a sexual reality. All energy is sexual.

Ah yes Lilith :)

Patriarchy is also a misleading term, doesn't get to the root cause of things.

Judaism is the root of Patriarchy, if people were being honest every time you see "Patriarchy" it would read Judaism.

My fun coming here on TTB is that the name TTB implies some interest in the Tao.

Let's say the Tao is who you really are,...not your body, your mind, your emotions,...but the you that was before you were born.

To find out Who one really is, one must realize When one is. To realize When one is, it is necessary to understand Who's Who in Duality.

yang...........................yin.

Masculine.....................Feminine.

centripetal....................centrafugal.

integrating....................disintregating.

spiral in......................spiral out.

implosive......................explosive.

converge.......................diverge.

in...........................out

generative.....................radiative.

Gravity....................Levity

inhalation.....................exhalation.

sphere…………….................…….torus.

solid........................vaporous

rotation decrease.............rotation increase.

quartz.........................calcite.

heating........................cooling.

charging.......................discharging.

contraction....................expansion.

Father Earth.....…….............Mother Sky

particle………............………………..wave.

Geb………...............……..……Nut.

Father Time...................Mother Space

induction......................conduction.

winding light waves............unwinding light waves

pressure increase.....................pressure decrease.

infra-red..........................ultra-violet.

low frequency..........................high frequency.

That list is Sex. Duality is a sexual reality. All energy is sexual.

Many of these things I don't see as "dual-ity" / in opposition

Infra and Ultra are both light

Low and High are both Frequency

Pressure is Pressure

Time and Space are the same thing

Hot and Cold are both temperatures

Father and Mother are both Creative

I don't see duality here

Many of these things I don't see as "dual-ity" / in opposition

Infra and Ultra are both light

Low and High are both Frequency

Pressure is Pressure

Time and Space are the same thing

Hot and Cold are both temperatures

Father and Mother are both Creative

I don't see duality here

A sphere is a torus that appears to have shifted direction from the inside-out to the outside-in, while a torus is a sphere that appears to have shifted direction from the out-side-in to the inside-out. Or, as Avalokitesvara said, form is empty, and empty is form.

Nirvana is one thing, like a coin,....when you realize the two apparent directions or sides of the one coin of nirvana,...dukkha and non-dukkha. Nirvana is the absolute understanding the form is empty, and empty is form. Advaita can lead one to nirvana,...but not paranirvana. Only Buddhism and Taoism points to paranirvana.

No one can understand Light, except through light's point of view. In light's point of view, it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need for speed. Light has not moved a centimeter in all eternity.

The same with duality. No one can understand duality unless you step into duality's shoes so to say.

As I once said,...The propaganda of self-proclaimed visionaries continue to contribute to the absurd misunderstandings of duality. One visionary wrote that, male yang is “explosive, centrifugal, warming, destructuring, and dissipating, while the female yin is implosive, centripetal, cooling, structuring, and integrative.” Once again, these are ego statements, based on a human-centric viewpoint, not nature’s reality. How is dissipating or destructuring, warming? How is implosiveness and structuring, cooling? These people only encourage a world in which oxymorons are considered meaningful.

• Like 1

Ah yes Lilith :)

Patriarchy is also a misleading term, doesn't get to the root cause of things.

Judaism is the root of Patriarchy, if people were being honest every time you see "Patriarchy" it would read Judaism.

I use the term patrifocal to point to contracted, masculine energy. This is not about humanistic characteristics, but the predominate vibration in which humans live. Thanks for your point about patriarchy signifying Judeaism to you,...I was unaware of such a belief,..and will look for another way to express the idea.

pa·tri·ar·chal

1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a patriarch. Characteristic of a form of social organization in which the male is the family head and title is traced through the male line.

2. Of or relating to a patriarchy: .

3. Ruled by a patriarch

pa·tri·ar·chy

1. social organization marked by the supremacy of the father in the clan or family, the legal dependence of wives and children, and the reckoning of descent and inheritance in the male line; broadly : control by men of a disproportionately large share of power

2 a society or institution organized according to the principles or practices of patriarchy

Edited by Vmarco

What do believe it's origins to be?

As you say the Greeks, Pagan at that time understood these things... so what changed in the ancient world?

Sign in to follow this